[BlizzCon] Diablo 3 changes

Just for information if you haven't watch BlizzCon yet.

In 2017 Blizzard will release a paid "Character Pack" with new playable character. The Necromancer from Diablo 2.

What do you think about such "content"?
Last bumped on Nov 5, 2016, 9:41:59 AM
also free 16 lvl tristram dungeon and 2 world areas. Necromancer means also 4 new sets and only 4 viable skills with him, everything else will be ok for that 1 hour that you lvl him.

I am not for it or against it, its the actiblizz way of doing things.

Edit: reading d3 forums right now is more fun than feedback section at poe forums.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Nov 4, 2016, 3:55:23 PM
Honestly I haven't read the news yet or browsed the D3 forums much lately. But I still play D3 casually and I'm almost done with the S8 to get the stash tab (and got everything before obviously).

This is not good news to me. The game has been almost abandoned in terms of content, balancing, even bug fixes (game breaking ones) take weeks if not months to get resolved. Adding PAID content that will come out months from now, in a game already on a steep decline, doesn't excite me. No mention of changes to current game or meta, current limitations to skills and sets, it just feels pointless. Adding a brand new bowtie to a dead horse doesn't revive it. It might get a crowd for a little while but it doesn't do much.
wasnt D3 supposed to have 2 expansions? was expecting the announcement of the second one.

shafted like the promised last D2 content patch it seems
Oblivious
It's a bit underwhelming. I hoped for D4 or at least a real expansion. A Necro DLC is kinda meh. Will still buy if it's not more than 15 bucks.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Disrupted wrote:
wasnt D3 supposed to have 2 expansions? was expecting the announcement of the second one.

shafted like the promised last D2 content patch it seems

The necromancer is probably just another leftover from the canceled second expansion. Funny thing is I uninstalled it right after the diablo panel. The game is dead, with no prospect EVER getting better.
Last edited by sakalthor on Nov 5, 2016, 1:34:30 PM
necromancer is cool and all (my fav class in fantasy) but the thing is... it only has around 7 minions... the other thing is poe already has a necromancer... and 8 zombies alone is already more than d3 necro.

besides nit picking on the class itself, there is no changes in d3 gameplay, which is the main reason why those players (such as myself) came here, and because this has not changed and will not change... welp... its over man.

i'm just sick of blizzard/activision, there is a lack of enthusiasm when it comes to building their games, most cases its just for money and money alone.

i can imagine a meeting "hey how can we get more money today?" "well... release the necromancer" good idea, you should be team leader!
The irony to this new addition to D3 is that it was a necro bump to a really stale game and franchise. :(
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Nov 4, 2016, 7:35:07 PM
that's it? just one new class? the witch doctor was already a necromancer just tribal themed

so no diablo 1 and 2 remasters or remakes?

no expansion?

no diablo 4?

nope, not coming back

Spoiler
please tell me there's something more than just the necro being added
besides the necro addition, i will tell you what they will add.

they will add d1 locations in d3 once a year... yes that's right... once a year.
they are adding "challenge rifts" where gear is not supposed to affect the outcome.
they are fixing some ui things.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd

if you like "seasons", they are being added to consoles.

whoopydoooooooooooooooooo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info