Good vampire movies.

idk if its good

A girl walks home alone at night (2014)
my english sux.
vampire academy

Spoiler
i hope this triggered someone :^)
Path of Lag: youtube.com/watch?v=RY2_pXesq1o
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1503932
"
Wonderstruckk wrote:
vampire academy

Spoiler
i hope this triggered someone :^)

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
Another so-called 'classic' nineties vampire movie is From Dusk Till Dawn. It is also extremely boring in my opinion

wat

"
Bars wrote:
although I think the same of all Tarantino films.

wat²

?
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 4, 2016, 1:10:21 PM
I just can't understand how a guy can find that titty twister movie even remotely boring.

Same with Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill 1 etc. I can think of reasons why one might not like them but not because they are boring.
"
Sa_Re wrote:
I just can't understand how a guy can find that titty twister movie even remotely boring.

Same with Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill 1 etc. I can think of reasons why one might not like them but not because they are boring.

I feel they try too hard to be original to the point where the effect turns into a defect, I think the characters are utterly shallow and unbelievable beneath a thin veneer of superficial coolness and the same can be said about the plot - it's just a sequence of unbelievable and inconsistent excuses for 'cool stuff' happening. His movies are all form and no substance. All this ruins my suspension of disbelief, makes me disinterested in the plot and unsympathetic to the characters and I get bored out of my mind.

I also dislike the gratuitous violence. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed some extremely violent movies (example: Unleashed, Dredd, Dexter, GoT, etc), but it needs to be justified, to make some kind of sense in the internal universe of the movie. It just feels fake, forced and senseless in Tarantino's films.

They also portray an extremely cold and unpleasant view of the world and people in general. They are as lacking in warmth and positive human feelings as they are in depth. I can live with superficiality, I've enjoyed some extremely shallow stuff (example: 300), but the utter lack of humanity is a bit too much. Honestly, it feels like there's something wrong with Tarantino. His movies look like a psychopath trying to pretend he has a normal emotional range without realizing something's missing.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 4, 2016, 2:43:08 PM
I'm not saying you are wrong Bars, you're not a lot of his claim to fame is the form, but his 'substance' is an homage to 70's and 80's films, which were steeped in the unbelievable and inconsistent.

Also how could you call _______ Kiddo as having an utter lack of humanity in kill bill. Her whole motivation is a mother's loss of an unborn child, which she was trying to protect by changing her life. Likewise, Jules has a come to jesus moment from a near death experience and wants to change his life in pulp fiction, to which is he has to explain to his incredulous friend. First half of Resevoir dogs was almost entirely about painting absolute monsters as just normal people off of 'the job'/

I mean, maybe I just don't know what the human condition is? Inglorious bastards though, probably could have gone without the cap to the scene in the movie theatre, extremely hokey. Taratino definitely brings a large portion of hokiness, can not dispute that, dusk to dawn was pretty much 100% camp.

I'd have to go with Interview with the Vampire, Lost Boys, and Twice bitten
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Nov 4, 2016, 3:12:10 PM
It's entirely how I subjectively perceive his movies. I'm not claiming my viewpoint is universal. I also stated right off the bat in this thread that I'm extremely critical.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 4, 2016, 3:13:45 PM
Wasn't attacking you, I am no guiding light to the inner working of movies, just pointing out that a large portion of Tarantino films is pointing out that even the most hardened beast of a killer contains a gooey center of humanity.
Hey...is this thing on?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info