[2.6] Merisc's Berserker Firestorm Tank [Uber Lab Farmer] [Atziri EZ]

2.6 UPDATE
Another patch with not many updates to the build. The only problem I see being is having much smaller AOE with firestorm. I wouldn't call this a nerf, but I would possibly call this a slight buff. This means our firestorm will hit more often. No changes to firestorm itself, pledge or kaoms. All the same. I've also updated the end skill tree, pretty much the same.

Hi there fellow marauders! I am here to bring you my version of Priory's Firestorm Chieftan! I believe this build is stronger than Priory's build in many ways, also Priory has given away his items to someone else. His build focuses mainly on regeneration while supporting some damage. My version, however, supports insane damage, improved life regeneration, and very strong life leech.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Build Overview
► Ability to all content (Including Ele reflect, taken slowly)
► Crazy single target damage (Over 170k concentrated damage)
► Lazy build (One button is used to play this build)
► Beginner friendly and can be budget
► Easy to follow and level
____________________________________________________________________________________

Pros and Cons
Pros
► Forgiving using the correct flask setup
► Playable at level 12
► Can do ALL map mods (Including reflect **NEED RIGHT FLASK SETUP**)
► Bosses melt almost instantly
► Two unique required
► Can be played on a 4 link
► Can be built cheap
► Labyrinth traps are easy to bypass
► Easily modifiable

Cons
► Slower than other builds like shield charge
► Requires Kaom's heart to be safe
► No movement skill
Leveling Trees
poeurl.com/QjQ - 24 Points
poeurl.com/QjR - 43 Points
poeurl.com/QjR - 62 Points
poeurl.com/QjS - 82 Points
poeurl.com/9dS - Almost done!
poeurl.com/QjT - Finished Build!
Items

This is by far our best choice for our weapon slot. It provides us with a 7th link! A level 30 spell echo. This allows us to stack as many more multipliers as possible. The mana stat on this is, however, useless since we are Blood magic.
Kaom's heart gives us a massive boost to our life pool while giving us a decent amount of fire damage. This is best in slot for this build and is required to play at high levels. You can however sub in a belly of the beast while you save for your kaom's.
Essence worm allows us to use any aura of our choice with no drawbacks. This allows us to use a Clear mind Jewel which gives us up to 60% increased spell damage!
This amulet is near perfect for our build. You'll want to look for Fire damage, Spell damage, High strength and life. If you have to, fill in a resistance here but you shouldn't have to.
Another simple piece to find, a resistance base with high strength and life along with more resistances.
Pretty simple on the belt, find a leather belt with high life and tri resistances if you can.
Fill in resistances and find high life on an armor base. You'll want to find a strength/armor base for the easy coloring.
Find an armor base with high strength/life resistances and at least 25 movement speed, since we have no movement skill, movespeed is very important here.
Another simple piece here, high strength, high life and resistances.
Flasks
Life flask
Grab a divine flask with 50% increased recovery speed along with remove bleeding. You do not want an instant flask since our life pool is so great.
Armor flask
This flask provides us with decent amount of block while giving us a strong amount of armor!
Sulphur Flask
This flask is very strong and underrated. This allows us to have almost permentant uptime on our flasks. You will have to stagger the use of it so you can recharge it's flask charges.
Phys reduction flask
Pretty simple, just get a Basalt flask and roll % increased armor and recharge 3 charges when you take a critical strike.
Ruby Flask
Simple ruby flask, you will have to roll remove freeze here since it is our only flask we can do it on. The other roll is up to you, I choose increased charge recovery.
Jewels

Clear mind
This is a very strong jewel since we use essence worm.

Rare Jewels
This is where it gets easy to find jewels. You'll want to find a 4 property jewel with either full damage stats (Cheapest) or life and 3 damage stats. Some examples of damage stats are; Spell damage, Fire damage, Spell damage with Staves, Cast speed, area damage and so on.

This is a very strong jewel. The crit helps us proc Elemental Overload and gives us a hefty amount of fire damage!

Skill Links
Main Damage setup: Firestorm - Controlled Destruction - FIre Penetration - Elemental Focus - Faster Casting - Increased Duration (Spell Echo provided from PoH)

CWDT #1: CWDT LVL 18 - Molten Shell LVL 19 - Summon Chaos Golem - LVL 18(16 with +2 helmet) - Life Leech. This setup is extremely strong and provides us with huge burst damage and leech.

CWDT #2: CWDT LVL 1 - Immortal Call LVL 3 - Increased Duration - Enfeeble LVL 5
Simple immortal call setup with a curse.

CWDT #3: CWDT LVL 10 - Vortex - LVL 13 - Life Leech - Increased Area of effect
I found this to be a very strong skill since it slows enemies down around you and constantly leechs life.
Bandits
Normal: Oak
Cruel: Kill All
Merciless: Kill All

Ascendancy Choices

Normal Lab: Pain Reaver
Cruel Lab: Cloaked in Savagery
Merciless Lab: Crave the Slaughter
Uber Lab: Aspect of Carnage

This is the offensive ascendancy. Use this if you think you can survive all the content.

Normal Lab: Towhoa, Forest's Strength
Cruel Lab: Ngamahu, Flame's Advance
Merciless Lab: Hinekora, Death's Fury
Uber Lab: Ramako, Sun's Light

This is the defensive ascendancy. Take this if you want to conquer all the end game bosses. This is what I'll be choosing.
Breach Uniques
There aren't a lot of breach specific uniques that our build can improve off of, but there are one or two.

The Formless Inferno is the first interesting unique that we could possibly benefit from. We will have over capped our resistance by over 50% once we are fully geared, which should give us a big amount of armor and a flat 8% of physical damage taken as fire damage is pretty huge. If geared properly we might be able to get armor capped with this item alone. The downsides though are interesting. We lost a fair bit of life, over 70 flat life and we lose out on any resistances that we could gain from a helmet slot.

The next unique, Xoph's Blood is a pretty meh unique for our build. It gives us % life and % strength along with avatar of fire, which doesn't help us at all. The % life is pretty worthless since we already get close to 300% life on the tree. The strength is also not very useful since we get around 500 strength for our build, cut that into 10% which is only 50 strength or 25 flat life, almost worthless. The fire res is uncomparable to something like the amulet below;

TL;DR Formless Inferno is interesting and we could do something amazing things with it. Xoph's Blood, don't use it, not for our build.

Last edited by superjack010 on Mar 8, 2017, 7:19:00 PM
Last bumped on Jul 29, 2017, 7:43:54 PM
hi, what did you use to level? items, links etc
thx
Giving this build a whirl, and will report back on how it goes :P Wish me luck, this looks fun!
"
markness wrote:
Giving this build a whirl, and will report back on how it goes :P Wish me luck, this looks fun!

Definitely let me know! Hope you enjoy it!

I've also added leveling trees!
Last edited by superjack010 on Nov 16, 2016, 2:18:44 PM
Is it good enough without Pledge of hands? And what about Uber lab without Belly instead of Kaom's?
Last edited by fensuta on Nov 18, 2016, 8:42:26 AM
"
fensuta wrote:
Is it good enough without Pledge of hands? And what about Uber lab without Belly instead of Kaom's?

It's fine without pledge, although you're losing out on a significant amount of damage along with a free link, also, pledges are quite cheap. You'd have to drop something like Inc duration which lowers your damage on bosses by a pretty high amount. Uber atziri should be fine without a kaom. Instead of the 9k life, you'd probably have around 7.5k life. With a little bit of dodging, you should be perfectly fine.
Last edited by superjack010 on Nov 25, 2016, 12:13:55 AM
Hey OP, shamelessly made a totem dude because they might get slapped with the nerf-stick, so I have been playing this dude in the mean time as I really love firestorm. I haven't gotten to playing the build yet, but I am thinking of starting next league playing it. Think it will be okay for 2.5? And you have it posted that it is an "uber lab farmer", did you have the current gear that you have right now going around when you were farming or were you using crappier gear? I really enjoy this concept and will be playing it come 2.5 as my league starter.. either this or whispering ice.

Able to post a vid of an uber lab farm by any chance? :P

Thanks!
"
markness wrote:
Hey OP, shamelessly made a totem dude because they might get slapped with the nerf-stick, so I have been playing this dude in the mean time as I really love firestorm. I haven't gotten to playing the build yet, but I am thinking of starting next league playing it. Think it will be okay for 2.5? And you have it posted that it is an "uber lab farmer", did you have the current gear that you have right now going around when you were farming or were you using crappier gear? I really enjoy this concept and will be playing it come 2.5 as my league starter.. either this or whispering ice.

Thanks!

Hey there! Glad you're enjoying it. I think this should be perfect or maybe even better in 2.5. Firestorm has already been nerfed in the past so really the only thing they could do is keep the same or buff it. I wouldn't worry about this being nerfed at all. Also, I used the current gear posted. All you have to do to defeat Izaro is pre-cast your firestorm on top of where he spawns then run around and cast firestorm where he stands. You have so much HP and defenses that he won't do much unless you stand in traps and get nuked. I'm unable to post a video as I don't have the character right now. Also, whispering ice and this build are very similar, although I believe this does more damage.
"
superjack010 wrote:
"
markness wrote:

Thanks!

Hey there! Glad you're enjoying it. I think this should be perfect or maybe even better in 2.5. Firestorm has already been nerfed in the past so really the only thing they could do is keep the same or buff it. I wouldn't worry about this being nerfed at all. Also, I used the current gear posted. All you have to do to defeat Izaro is pre-cast your firestorm on top of where he spawns then run around and cast firestorm where he stands. You have so much HP and defenses that he won't do much unless you stand in traps and get nuked. I'm unable to post a video as I don't have the character right now. Also, whispering ice and this build are very similar, although I believe this does more damage.

Right on.. 1 week left and I may just give it a whirl and shamelessly stay in standard. I want a build that doesn't get 1-shot. Tired of builds like this (summoner, totems), so I am looking forward to giving it a shot. Got about 150c so hopefully I can get decently geared with your recommended items. I guess i'll get everything I can get with 150c and maybe pick up a belly of the beast instead of a kaom's because the kaom's is almost the price of all of my currency.. heh.

Look forward to ACTUALLY trying it out now. Cheers man!

Edit: Should I pick up a 5-link pledge instead of 6 to save a bit of currency right of the beginning? Will it be able to do the trick?

Edit2: Any twink items I can pick up to speed up my process besides tabula? Should I use double reverb rods?
Last edited by markness on Nov 25, 2016, 1:22:07 AM
"
Right on.. 1 week left and I may just give it a whirl and shamelessly stay in standard. I want a build that doesn't get 1-shot. Tired of builds like this (summoner, totems), so I am looking forward to giving it a shot. Got about 150c so hopefully I can get decently geared with your recommended items. I guess i'll get everything I can get with 150c and maybe pick up a belly of the beast instead of a kaom's because the kaom's is almost the price of all of my currency.. heh.

Look forward to ACTUALLY trying it out now. Cheers man!

Edit: Should I pick up a 5-link pledge instead of 6 to save a bit of currency right of the beginning? Will it be able to do the trick?

Edit2: Any twink items I can pick up to speed up my process besides tabula? Should I use double reverb rods?

Hey there, I definitely recommend picking up a belly instead of a kaoms. You don't even need any links on it. Just find one with atleast 36-40 % hp. That should get you to around 7.5k hp. 5 linked firestorm will totally be fine, you'll drop out increased duration which will lower your damage slightly on bosses, but it won't be that much of an issue. You'll just have to cast just a bit more to keep your damage up. Once you get the increased duration though, you'll tell the difference. Also, I recommend using a reverb with firestorm - fastercasting and ele focus and a lifesprig for that extra damage. You'll also probably need some int on twink gear, just find some random amulet that has implicit int and you should be good. Good luck!
Last edited by superjack010 on Nov 25, 2016, 1:52:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info