Arc Fire conversion RF 2.6 Updated

This will be my first ever Build on PoE.
Hasn't been fully tested but it is being tested completely at the moment.
We will be running RF for the spell damage bonus applied to Arc, We will always be running fire conversion with Call of the Brotherhood and Avatar of Fire.

2.6 Unique updates for build

Spoiler

Call of the Brotherhood is now 40% instead of 50% conversion.

"
From Foxtactic's where the build was inspired.
His Fire Arc build.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1628996

SO WHY FIRE DAMAGE? Just for reflect? Well fire is more easily mitigated sure but: wiki explains it better than me:
A character which utilises burning damage will benefit the most from increased fire and elemental damage nodes, because aside from increasing burning damage directly, they will also increase the damage of the initial hit which causes the burn. And since conflux makes your fire dmg both chill and shock you might aswell take the advantages a pure fire build has to offer.
And this is the reason behind why doryanis catalyst is the BIS instead of a scepter with more castspeed and spelldmg and flat fire, the double dipping.
A dagger could be used if you cant live without whirling blades + you get fortify, but you loose a lot of elemental dmg, and i wanted to bring lightning warp back to the play, and i love going up&down ledges :D

Pros/Cons
Spoiler

Pros
-Fast clear speed
-Relatively cheap in current league
-Safe - endurance charges, warlords mark, righteous fire so tons of life
-super fun to play
-Purple Arc
-7 Endurance Charges

Cons
-Single target isn't the greatest
-Can't do Blood magic maps
-Can't do Life regen maps
-Bad damage against Enemy's which are Ignite immune (Atziri/Uber Atziri, Phoenix Guardian)
-Reflect can be a problem Unless you take Paragon of Calamity instead of Liege of the Primordial

Leveling
Spoiler

Grab 2 Life Sprigs and level with Spark, a Tabula if you can, and some Elreon jewelry. Use the Life Sprigs until level 24 when you can get a Reverberation Rod. Link your Arc in the Reverberation with Controlled Destruction. If you have your Call of The Brotherhood and Avatar of Fire, do Cold to Fire. Otherwise, just do Faster Casting. As soon as you get Call of The Brotherhood and Avatar of Fire, find a good sceptre with high ele damage and spell damage for ignite and initial hits for leveling until you get to level 75 for Doryanis.

For leveling I personally leveled with Spark until I got Arc and ran with Arc all the way through, Got a 4 link with Vaal Flameblast Inc Burning Damage, Fire Pen, and Controlled Destruction for single target ignite damage.

Current lvling gear

Gem Links
Spoiler

Just throwin some random leveled gems in atm
Main Links 6L 5L just remove added cold damage/Empower

4 Link Helm

4 Link boots

3 Link Weapon

3 Link Shield
If you have enough fire resist and life regen you don't need purity of fire. You can run dual curse with flam and warlords.

4 Link Gloves

Stats (tree)
Spoiler
13% life regen
1.4% life regen with all Endurance charges
220% max life
+317 max life
3+ jewel sockets
70% increased burning damage
85% increased fire damage
40% ele damage
46% spell damage
124 dex
202 int
394 str

Passive Tree
Spoiler

If you don't have enough life regen to sustain RF then you have to run purity of fire so avoid Whispers of Doom for the +1 curses. save yourself the 3 points for life!
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAGRAdwDdQSzBS0GDgn2C2EMXw3NES0SaRLhFCAXHBhWGS4aOBynHM4dFB_HJy8n7StQK3gsnC2LLdIuUzLRNZI6WDrYOuE8LUGHRUdFnUZSR35N41BHU1JTpVW1VcZXDVugXwRfP2EhZKNlTWh0aPJrenF5dO1343loeu98DnyDfLt99YNfg8yD24TZhO-Ovo9GkFWQ-pErkc6SwZSglmya4Juhna6ezaIAouqmV6cIp1WpbqyYrY2vbK-Nr6e3PrvtvTbAZsEExFjE9sWKxq7Iv89-0iHTb9QH1HzYvdlh2mLawdrd3I3fbd-w6-7vDvAf8kX2SPfX-ej8TP4K_lT-jw==

Bandits
Spoiler
Normal - Oak
Cruel - Cast speed or Skill Point
Merciless - Endurance Charge or Skill Point

Gear
Spoiler

Ill get videos and more info uploaded as soon as possible.
Leave any questions or msg me ill get back to asap.

I have been busy with real life stuff so i haven't had time to work on this, i will be testing it fully in Current Beta and seeing what can be changed and update the build and finally get some videos going.
Last edited by ExiledVosh on Jun 7, 2017, 8:05:21 PM
Last bumped on Jul 5, 2017, 4:58:25 PM
would like to see some videos :P
Hello!

As you yourself mentioned, this draws heavy inspiration from FoxTactic's build. As such, I have had the burden of comparing the two to ensure that this is significantly different from his build and deserving of being it's own mechanic / guide. I see significant tree differences, particularly the deviation into Duelist for the extra endurance charge, however the two trees are near identical in many regards.

This is typical of derivative builds, and that's okay. However, I would like you to stress the reasoning behind your decisions more for people so that they can make informed decisions as to which of the two builds to play. For example, your build does not opt-in for Elemental Overload, and the distinction of going crit versus non-crit is substantial! If you could please add some commentary on your gear choices, tree deviation, and the function of this it would be helpful.

You did bring up your BiS weapon, but considering that you are going crit and not using a dagger, it could use some additional explanation.

I will add your build to the listing, with the consideration that this is a work in progress build and that you will continue to address these differences and improve upon it. I otherwise do not allow derivative builds on the listing as it would not be helpful to players to have redundancy, and priority is given to original authors.

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
It's a great build, I've played the RF-Archer three years ago and it was really nice. Please explain how exactly you sustain RF!
"
path23leech wrote:
It's a great build, I've played the RF-Archer three years ago and it was really nice. Please explain how exactly you sustain RF!

I can help with that a bit!

RF burns for 90% of your maximum HP, and 70% of your maximum ES per second, before reistances.

If you take a look at the RF wiki page, there is a nice table that explains what percentage of life regeneration a player must reach to balance the degen effect of RF.

In this particular build, we have 13% regeneration from the passive tree alone. Running a vitality aura can also add to this.

We pick up Barbarism from the passive tree, which gives us +1 to max resist (76%). The Rise of the Phoenix shield also increases our maximum fire resistance by +8 (84%). If at this point you still don't feel as if you have enough regen + resistances, you can opt in to running purity of fire as the author stated anywhere that you have sockets for it. (He suggested shield). This would grant up to +4 to maximum at level 20 (88%). Also, should you be so inclined, you can get additional percentages from aura passive nodes that increase the effect of non-curse auras, as well as empowering PoF.

Finally, referring back to the Righteous Fire wiki page, we see that 84% fire resistance would require 13.5% life regen. At 88% resist, that number becomes 10.8% regen. Remember that in both instances, you can always run a vitality somewhere to offset liabilities you may have in gear or passive allocation.

With all RF builds, reaching equilibrium is a fun and challenging task. Good luck!
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Aren't you fucking up your own damage? only 40% of lightning goes to cold, and then you also convert your damage to fire. With brotherhood and avatar of fire you're still only doing 40% of your arc damage.. or am i missing something important here?

Thanks

edit: also while leveling i never ignite mobs with arc. How do you do it??
Last edited by paddle on Mar 19, 2017, 6:20:10 PM
"
paddle wrote:
Aren't you fucking up your own damage? only 40% of lightning goes to cold, and then you also convert your damage to fire. With brotherhood and avatar of fire you're still only doing 40% of your arc damage.. or am i missing something important here?

Thanks

You won't really ignite until you get your first ascendancy for conflux, 50% converted lightning to cold and then you have a cold to fire gem converting your dmg you still do amazing damage.
Now that I have the full passive respec and I basically have all the gear you have mentioned as my starting build was the arc hellfire witch, I really want to try this out but I just want some more added detail and would love to see some videos.

Could you tell me what your arc dps is? Mine atm tops at about 31k if I am under perfect conditions.
"
paddle wrote:

Thanks

40% linghtning damage converted to cold,then 100% cold to fire,while avatar 50% lightning converted to fire,so it's 40%+50%=90% total, 10% damage loss
ok, the 1st question is - how can i kill Izaro(UIzaro)? With arc or? didn't see any solo-target's abilities.. btw - make some videos please

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info