balancing-changes

1) BV + Pathfinder + Vinktar is already discussed a lot, and for a good reason. My solution would be quite simple: Change Master Surgeon so it only works with attacks and not spells.

2)The leech-nodes of Duelist have been a great addition, but sadly physical leech isn't really viable anymore because of it, which results into -2 useful rolls at items. So i'd change the "life and mana leech"-node, make it the ultimate at the middle of the two pathings and let it transform physical-leech (on items and tree) into attack-leech.

3) Raider isn't been played at all, which is quite sad, cause it could be lot of fun as it can be really dynamic to play. The reason is the "on kill-mechanic", which offers nothing new and isn't really useful in a state of the game where bossfights are the endgame. Imho it should be changed to "on crit" or a comparable mechanic.

4) ES vs. life has been discussed a lot as well and for a good reason as well. My solution: Remove the armour-penalty of acrobatics, which would buff arm/eva/life-concepts greatly. Would probably even result into people actually using ev/arm-items.
Energy-Shield is a concept on it's own, so the acrobatics-penalty here is just fine, but armour and evasion (plus life) doesn't really work nicely without each other.
Last bumped on Oct 27, 2016, 2:18:52 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
basta1982 wrote:
3) Raider isn't been played at all, which is quite sad, cause it could be lot of fun as it can be really dynamic to play. The reason is the "on kill-mechanic", which offers nothing new and isn't really useful in a state of the game where bossfights are the endgame. Imho it should be changed to "on crit" or a comparable mechanic.

Pathfinder on-crit is bad, so let's implement one for raider too? XD
Anyway, I think raider is under-played because it can only be used for attacks. It needs cast speed bonuses as well as attack speed ones.

"
4) ES vs. life has been discussed a lot as well and for a good reason as well. My solution: Remove the armour-penalty of acrobatics, which would buff arm/eva/life-concepts greatly. Would probably even result into people actually using ev/arm-items.
Energy-Shield is a concept on it's own, so the acrobatics-penalty here is just fine, but armour and evasion (plus life) doesn't really work nicely without each other.

This could work.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
@ 4)

How would this help e.g. marauder/templar builds that don't even reach to acrobatics? Not at all.
"
LSN wrote:
@ 4)

How would this help e.g. marauder/templar builds that don't even reach to acrobatics? Not at all.

What he said.
"
LSN wrote:
@ 4)

Those builds have a far easier time getting significantly higher life pools. Getting 5K life from ranger or shadow start is much more difficult than getting 7K+ life from Marauder (without even Kaom's or going Blood Magic).
U MAD?
Last edited by Docbp87 on Oct 27, 2016, 12:56:53 PM
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
LSN wrote:
@ 4)

Those builds have a far easier time getting significantly higher life pools. Getting 5K life from ranger or shadow start is much more difficult than getting 7K+ life from Marauder (without even Kaom's or going Blood Magic).

maybe because Shadow is designed around the concept of you using life + ES buffers resulting in easy 8k+ combined buffer.

issue is people claim it 'does not work' and try to force a pure life build on a shadow (and fail)
"
basta1982 wrote:
1) BV + Pathfinder + Vinktar is already discussed a lot, and for a good reason. My solution would be quite simple: Change Master Surgeon so it only works with attacks and not spells.

Barrage says hi ^^
"
basta1982 wrote:

It changes very little. Armour and Evasion should be viable on their own, and NOT force you to take a specific keystone, that has nothing in common with those defences even. In fact, dodge is just an improved version of block, and nothing more.

Armour and evasion are secondary defences. Accept this simple fact. Turning them into primary defences will require complete rewamp of their mechanics.
Life and ES are primary defences (ES - with CI or Shav). Thus, the only way to buff life is to buff life itself. Buffing armour and evasion wont even help much.
How life should be buffed to match ES? See, life has too poor gear scaling, because there is just a single life prefix on gear. Even 1-5c gear has near-cap on life roll, more expensive gear just has a bit higher resists (that will be capped anyway) or eva/armour.
For me, solution is clear - add better scaling for life gear. Add "% increased maximum life" prefix, and some kind of hybrid prefix (for example, "+life and +life regen" or "+life and +mana"). Some armour/evasion/ES pieces could also be changed so they''ll have reduced base armour/ES/evasion, but will provide flat bonus to life as well.

That's how you should buff life.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Oct 27, 2016, 2:31:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info