My experience with prophecy in 2.4

Just wanted to get a bunch of them going as usually, clicked "seek prophecy" and got mostly chains that nobody wants because screw the pale council. sealed "plaguemaw I". got a new prophecy It's "plaguemaw I".
Seal it again. get another one. Its "unbearable whispers I".
Now that I think of it, screw prophecy in general.
Last bumped on Oct 29, 2016, 7:22:37 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
They need to fix backtracking in prophecies.
I've had moments like that as well, usually I would wait until all my slots were taken up with back tracking ones then try to do them all at once but it just got boring after awhile.

They should have just made them all be able to be spawned in any location. Going back to Southern Forest to kill some spiders and monkeys isn't exactly fun or engaging. Now if extra spiders and monkeys just appearing in a map you were running. That could be a little more interesting as they will atleast be in the level tier your doing and have map mods with them.

Prophecy has a lot of potential to be really nice. I don't however see GGG really doing much about this. They have a track record for just adding in leagues and not really doing anything with them.

The coin drop rate is so abysmal, combined with the fact that most of garbage prophecies are still there, I kinda forgot about the whole thing. I have 2 keys now at 87 but the council loot isn't very appealing after the bow's nerf so it doesn't matter much anyway. Haven't seen any useful fated unique prophecy either.

The whole thing just feels crippled and abandoned. I liked getting all those leveling prophecies during the past league, like 20% quality with one scrap, 5 sockets, etc. Now they're just too rare to make any impact.
"
Raudram wrote:
The coin drop rate is so abysmal [...]

Unavailable

I beg to differ. :v

"
[...] council loot isn't very appealing after the bow's nerf so it doesn't matter much anyway.

Um, what? :D Council is used in one of the meta builds. It costs around ~2-3ex (on SC, which is around ~150chaos - same as on HC). How is that "not appealing"?
Go ask people who have shitton of currency about Prophecy.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I think if it was possible to complete the Pale Council prophecies in maps it would be farrrr better. With silver coins selling for the current rate they go for, I pretty much ALWAYS keep my prophecies full, and only seal the "Kill X while wielding Y" since it is inexpensive to do so. You can pretty easily get rid of the Prophecies for the Council chain by just zoning into the area, and leaving immediately.
U MAD?
I sold a reach of the council for 5ex in ESC, that's more that what they costed in prophecy before the nerf :D
Unbearable Whispers is a 20 chaos key fragment, why are you complaining about starting that chain?
ign: Quepha
"
Nykken wrote:
Unbearable Whispers is a 20 chaos key fragment, why are you complaining about starting that chain?

Because I dont sell stuff. I sold one Item ever and only because it was worth 7ex at that point.
Besides that I wont ever do this merchant bs. I play to play and not be a shopkeeper.
"
Pyrollusion wrote:
"
Nykken wrote:

Because I dont sell stuff. I sold one Item ever and only because it was worth 7ex at that point.
Besides that I wont ever do this merchant bs. I play to play and not be a shopkeeper.

You said in the OP that "nobody wants" the council chains. Obviously, other people do want them though. So now you are saying that really what you meant is that you don't want them.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info