Generating enough charges

There is a reason why people put mjölner and discharge on a cyclone and not flicker strike. Reason being that you cant really sustain Flicker Strike. Besides, there is literally not use in having more frenzy charges. No matter how many you have you throw them away with your next discharge.

What does that mean? That means that in a multistrike setup, the the third and last strike+discharge has to generate at least 1 FC in order to keep flickering. To make that reliable the chance to get a frenzy charge has to be high, but besides that SOMETHING HAS TO DIE!

So while I was testing in dried lake I had a couple of thoughts Id like to discuss.
I have four sources of generation: Poachers Mark (37% chance), Blood Dance (23%), Blood Rage (25%) and Ice Bite (65% against frozen guys)
With that I should have the generation stuff covered one would think but still its kinda clunky. Personally I think that its due to my second problem though. By the time the third discharge goes off most stuff isnt really there anymore and lets not talk about bosses.
So the "something has to die" part really stops me from having a smooth flicker experience even with discharge.

How do we fix this? Id like it to be at least somewhat reliable in higher tier maps so that I can use it to clear. For bosses cyclone will have to do.

My first thought is buying a writhing jar or two. with enough worms and flask rolling I might get to the point where it feels okay. Another flaskrelated option is doedres elixir, although I dont think Ill get enough flask charges to sustain these two anyway.

Any other ideas?
Last edited by Pyrollusion on Oct 26, 2016, 4:57:33 PM
Last bumped on Oct 28, 2016, 2:32:33 AM
Hmmm... I think you should test in some bloodline + more life mid tier maps to have monsters that resemble those from high tier maps in life. The dried lake monster usually die to everything that looks at them in a wrong way. I don't think they're suited for testing in this particular case.
As for options to change it:
-helmet enchant for blood rage that increases frenzy charge chance even further
-sounds stupid, but any warcry so that the monsters run towards you.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
With poacher's mark you get a lot of flask charges, so maybe you could sustain some doedre's or writhing jars.

There is also actually an option you can use to get Frenzy charges on hit:

They give you a chance for a frenzy charge on stun, and most of the time you cast discharge you will stun an enemy.
Unfortunately they give you reduced attack speed, which sucks a lot, and increased phys damage on attacks, which doesn't help very much. And they take a ring slot. But it might be worth testing out just in case - because they suck so much they're a 1c item at the most.

Or, you could use this, along with necromantic aegis:

And then use lightning golem and some other multi-hitting minions to get a higher chance they will grant you more charges. (Not a good solution, just theorycrafting!)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Yeah Dried Lake isnt exactly suited for that. Ill tell you how it works in higher tier maps in a minute.

Dammit, in theory the ring would actually be good for this. Since I'll pick up undeniable I get a fair amount of attack speed so it might even be okay but the ringslot is too important. with all the unique items I have I need somthing with life and resists on it, otherwise Im way too squishy.
Wait, maybe with this ring I can get rid of blood dance and have my rare slot on the boots. Not sure if its worth it, what do you think?

the shield would replace Saffells but that might even be fine, its just that I cant reach necromantic aegis.
"
Pyrollusion wrote:
Dammit, in theory the ring would actually be good for this. Since I'll pick up undeniable I get a fair amount of attack speed so it might even be okay but the ringslot is too important. with all the unique items I have I need somthing with life and resists on it, otherwise Im way too squishy.
Wait, maybe with this ring I can get rid of blood dance and have my rare slot on the boots. Not sure if its worth it, what do you think?

I'm about 80% sure the ring would be terrible. But that 20% would make it worth testing out, if it were me. :)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
I've tested the 2x Warden's Brands with Blasphemy+Pocher's Mark. It works fine. However, your attack speed will be so slow that you would probably want to get rid of it.

Personally I used Blood Dace + Blood Rage and it is fine.
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
HSC: SwaglordYolomancerII
Time zone: GMT +8 (Hong Kong)
The attack speed and the loss of a ringslot kinda make it unusable thats correct.
But I doubt that you use only blood dance and blood rage in a discharge setup.
Do you play normal flicker? Because that isnt a problem at all.
Oops, yeah I only play normal flicker.

For discharge flicker the 30% stun may be better vs bosses, but realistically it's not enough to generate charges.
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
HSC: SwaglordYolomancerII
Time zone: GMT +8 (Hong Kong)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info