Atlas roadblock - unique maps

OK so was happily progressing my AoW until now where I've hit a self founder roadblock, unique maps. The other big issue is that three of the available shaper orbs are behind these unique maps (vinktar, Poorjoy and D&T). Also, one shaper orb is behind Vaal Temple map - I don't get that one, there is no path to it?

As I understand it, I need to run the corresponding map to get my first unique map of that type to drop (Eg Reef for Mao Kun). Is this correct, or will running a lower tier map on the 'same path' give me a chance to get that unique map to drop if I have significant AoW progression (for example, I got a Tier 15 map drop in a Tier 13 map yesterday).

Are there any useful tips for increasing chances of getting unique map to drop other than high map quanitity? For example, would IIR gear/IIR gem increase the chance of getting a unique rarity map to drop? Or is it worth wasting chance orbs on the possibility of getting a unique map? Anything else other than trading for it which I wont do?

Getting bored of running the same maps trying to get the unique map to drop :-)

Last bumped on Nov 2, 2016, 2:36:52 AM
Vaal Temple map can be created (if you are lucky) by corrupting a T15 map.

You get an achievement for doing it too. (Except, maybe you don't since it was bugged and I don't know if they have fixed it yet. So I guess check if it is fixed first if you want the achievement!)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

You get an achievement for doing it too. (Except, maybe you don't since it was bugged and I don't know if they have fixed it yet. So I guess check if it is fixed first if you want the achievement!)

Thanks, can it drop as well in any map, or is that the only way, bc if so, think i can forget about that shaper orb for awhile.
"
cdchi1 wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

Thanks, can it drop as well in any map, or is that the only way, bc if so, think i can forget about that shaper orb for awhile.
Yes, corrupting is the only way to get them. They don't drop normally. (Which is why it doesn't show as being connected to any map.)

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Temple_Map
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
gees ok, ill not worry to much about that shaper orb for awhile then.

Cdchi1
Having quite a lot of Chaos i can afford wasting them on +3 strongboxes. When i get a div box i alch it and chaos it till it have additional +7 cards. That often gives The Encroaching Darkness. It also worth rolling map specific cards if the map drops smth interesting or expensive.
http://www.poeatlas.com/
Last edited by ZerotuL on Oct 27, 2016, 4:12:31 AM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

it must be fixed, got the achievement just this morning :)

as for getting the unique maps the first time, I also tend to chance the base map in the hopes of getting the unique
Last edited by blubbber on Oct 27, 2016, 7:13:16 AM
I have had few unique maps with the sextant mod that makes drop an additionnal unique from boss and make the map twined.
can you still get unique maps by chancing ?
Second-class poe gamer
Yes. Got a "Vaults of Atziri" by chancing a Vaal Pyramid Map and a Mao Kun by chancing a Reef Map just a few days ago.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info