Help with new build to play plz?

Looking for a new build to play... BV is boring anymore... I have a decent amount of currency, but obviously the cheaper the better but still extremely viable and preferably something able to "easily" farm uber labs. Not looking to be farming shaper or anything totally end game, though some t15 map viability would be nice... I do prefer ES/EV builds as every life based build I have played has seemed to suck...

Can I get some opinions on some "GOOD" but "cheapish" builds to play please? SRS and summoner builds not really wanted. I'm not a "necro" fan.

Maybe something that could utilize a 6l shavs. If not, all good. Just bored with BV.

Let me know what you guys/gals think please! Would be greatly appreciated.

If I pick your build, I will tip you 10c.
Last edited by AnThRaXSOI on Oct 25, 2016, 1:55:56 PM
Last bumped on Nov 10, 2016, 3:42:18 PM
"
AnThRaXSOI wrote:
Looking for a new build to play... BV is boring anymore... I have a decent amount of currency, but obviously the cheaper the better but still extremely viable and preferably something able to "easily" farm uber labs. Not looking to be farming shaper or anything totally end game, though some t15 map viability would be nice... I do prefer ES/EV builds as every life based build I have played has seemed to suck...

Can I get some opinions on some "GOOD" but "cheapish" builds to play please? SRS and summoner builds not really wanted. I'm not a "necro" fan.

Maybe something that could utilize a 6l shavs. If not, all good. Just bored with BV.

Let me know what you guys/gals think please! Would be greatly appreciated.

If I pick your build, I will tip you 10c.

CI reave or CI flicker strike
with either occultist or assassin or trickster

I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
Elementalist flame blast has been the most fun build I've had in terms of simple joy of the skill. I just love big single hits, and dodging incoming stuff instead of facetanking. I deliver delicious pizzas to all of Wraeclast.
"
AnThRaXSOI wrote:
I do prefer ES/EV builds as every life based build I have played has seemed to suck...

Just an FYI: ES can also "suck" in its own way. You have to mitigate everything that's normally calculated on life (eg: stun and freeze), then you have to consider including CI, ZR, GR, and even VP. The only real difference is that ES builds have a way higher cap in values, but at the sacrifice of stats and passives that would otherwise contribute to DPS in life builds.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Oct 25, 2016, 2:12:27 PM
Kamikaze Arrow. You know you want to.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
AnThRaXSOI wrote:
I do prefer ES/EV builds as every life based build I have played has seemed to suck...

Just an FYI: ES can also "suck" in its own way. You have to mitigate everything that's normally calculated on life (eg: stun and freeze), then you have to consider including CI, ZR, GR, and even VP. The only real difference is that ES builds have a way higher cap in values, but at the sacrifice of stats and passives that would otherwise contribute to DPS in life builds.

Very true, this char is my first ever ES, after all life based ones. That said, my amulet ignores stuns, and freezes are very annoying but a quick flask reflexively pops me out of it fast enough that I don't even notice it. I suppose I the nature of my glass cannon build helps, but I manually dodge things and generally spend much, much less time worried about dying than any life based build I have played.
Last edited by ImSlower on Oct 25, 2016, 3:02:31 PM
You can try the "Kill One, Kill All" build in my signature, it is melee with high AoE and decent speed. Good for solo mapping and Lab. You did not specify what you consider "cheapish" ? I did this with like 7ex which is above my average. But it works fine even without 6L, so can be made much cheaper. And it can be turned into EA build with just swapping the weapons:)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Oct 25, 2016, 3:38:31 PM
"
CI reave or CI flicker strike
with either occultist or assassin or trickster

I have had a pretty decked out Lacerate build already. Seems like it would be pretty similar to that.

"
Crit Dual Flame Totem

I've actually been eyeing some totem builds, but they seem awfully damn boring. And that Mantle, I'd much prefer to spend the currency for a corrupt +1 socketed gems, but I'm not looking to drop approx. 50ex on 1 single item.

"
Elementalist flame blast

I get enjoyment from facetanking LOL!

"
Kamikaze Arrow. You know you want to.

I watched a 2.3 video, don't think I would find that build very fun, seems you have to run from almost all forms of damage? Might just be me, but seems like the video made a point to avoid ANY damage possible.

"
You can try the "Kill One, Kill All" build in my signature

That doesn't look too bad either, however seems like a lot of "waiting" if that makes sense? I'm not one that wants to have to screw around waiting for some proc or some specific scenario to kill things.

"
You did not specify what you consider "cheapish"

Forgot, sorry. I have about 20ex to invest into a new build to play.

Thank you all so far for the responses, keep em coming if you can...

Whispering Ice builds maybe. It's caster but you facetank and outleech incoming damage in everything including Shaper.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info