Should "essences" be implemented in the core game?

they need to delete the prophecy crap and move essences in.
"
G0rr wrote:
How are essences useless?

I dumped 3 Woe few days ago, on White 84 Titanium shield, 88 Vaal Regalia, and another 84 shield. I haven't used single scouring orb, all 3 were first try. Few essences after were bricked, so I stopped as I got what I need. I can just imagine how crazy items people get if they dump few essences every day.

next step

I hope essences will be in core game
some ppl commenting and thinking about how essences could screw up standards economy. as though standard actually has a steady and decent economy as is, hahaha
The functionality of essences *should* remain, but I do not think the essence items themselves should. It is an incredibly inelegant system. It literally adds dozens of new currency types.

I can potentially see essences being merged with crafting benches. Right now crafting benches provide the ability to add an affix, while essences provide the ability to reroll an item with one guaranteed affix. I think just expanding the crafting bench functionality would be an elegant system (with appropriate prices on the mods, of course). GGG has also mentioned that they will revisit Forsaken Masters in a future expansion, so it isn't a farfetched idea.
I'd have to say this is one of the better leagues because I can do a lot more crafting while still burning currency on maps and saving up for gear. The ability to have just 1 guaranteed affix made crafting with essence a world of difference better in how appealing it is to make that gamble.

Really hope essence are left in the core game and made somewhat common in the wild.

If they make them too rare or gate them behind a zana map mod, they might as well not even bother keeping them. Essences are only nice because they appear frequently enough that you can gamble crafting with them yourself.

Essence made the league start and gearing alot more unpredictable in a good way, people were rolling essence gear and using it or selling what they rolled instead of just fixating on the usual leveling uniques or cookiecutter go-to build items.

Essence mods really added some nice diversity to gearing up, minion speed on rings and quivers made things more interesting.

Chaos orbs and alch shards are more heavily used for rolling maps and pushing completing an atlas now, I think essence are a much needed alternate currency for rolling gear that doesnt compete with map rolling and pushing atlas completion in a temp league.

Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
Last edited by Ruby_Lux on Oct 28, 2016, 10:49:32 AM
An update to the Masters and their crafting benches would be more beneficial than retaining Essence crafting. A system for rolling one 'guaranteed' affix of your choice* already exists in the game; adding Essences takes space away from the Masters, adds more clutter the game doesn't need to maps and zones, and as stated by others causes more confusion than it should.

I skipped Essence league, for the most part, because it was/is boring as hell as a league mechanic. Given that room in the core game for new additions is effectively finite, I don't want to see that space taken up with a less efficient, less effective, and less well-implemented version of mastercrafting.
Essence isn´t necessary. The problem is drop rate of currency and sucess rate of craft (good results). If more currency drop and sucess rate is higher, craft will be more common and interesting for players.

Implement essences with low drop rate and sucess rate will have the same result of standard chaos or exalt orb: almost all players use just for trade. BUT a little number of players will enjoy (can invest in craft, like now).

So, essences don´t make difference in actual scenario. GGG should use support($) from players to invest in something more interesting.
Last edited by Apocalich on Oct 28, 2016, 12:09:22 PM
"
TheMipchunk wrote:
The functionality of essences *should* remain, but I do not think the essence items themselves should. It is an incredibly inelegant system. It literally adds dozens of new currency types.

I can potentially see essences being merged with crafting benches. Right now crafting benches provide the ability to add an affix, while essences provide the ability to reroll an item with one guaranteed affix. I think just expanding the crafting bench functionality would be an elegant system (with appropriate prices on the mods, of course). GGG has also mentioned that they will revisit Forsaken Masters in a future expansion, so it isn't a farfetched idea.

I think this is a really cool idea!
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction
"
The Confusing Clutter!

Make them map only and drop the lower tiers.

"
My Crafting Profits!

A terrible fate indeed that many more people are trying to craft their own gear.

I started this league only due a friend coming back to the game and wanting a fresh start. I figured that that Essence would just be standard without previous gear. I was wrong. I'm a bad player who never crafts because I am terrible at making enough currency for it to be possible. I'm still that bad play, but with Essence I was able to at least do a small amount of crafting to get a few okayish pieces that were worth using.

I absolutely hope this makes it into the game as it opens up crafting, a core component of the game, to more people.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info