Should "essences" be implemented in the core game?

They should add everything ever in the core game at one time.

I'm not here to play snooze of exile until I hit mapping WHILE also having to play a new league to enjoy new mechanics.

I would pay for a league to be similar to flashback (with obvious some rebalancing and changing of how many mods can be in a area at once).

Idunno why standard isn't the ultra crazy mode, would give reason people to play in it.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 25, 2016, 6:16:25 PM
They should definitely be added to the base game. All the Chaos orbs saved by using essences on gear were used to roll maps. The corrupted essences give unique mods to rare items enabling some new ways to play. It'd be a waste to relegate them to a zana mod.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

Will essences be added in to the core game?
Yes, obviously. They take up about half a stash tab. Essences translate into more stash tab pressure on long-term players, which means more stash tab sales.

This is an invalid argument. The same thing could have been told even for Talisman (i rememebr i wasted 3-4 tabs for talisman)... though, they decided not to implement it in the core game.

I understand what John says, and i think i agree with him partially. I would like to see the implementation of Essence togheter with Talisman, but not the implementation of Perandus.
Yes, crafting is fun. Prophecy league was just stupid.
If you can't control it, STOP.
We definitely need more trash mmo like items in the core game. Div cards and all sorts of fragments weren't enough.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
I would like to see them as a somewhat rarer than current part of core. However all the end gamers keep saying "remove the bottom three tiers" AKA: f*** newbies they can wait until end game to craft anything. IMO this is a bullshit elitist viewpoint from people who are completely out of touch with how the game plays and feels when you're new.

Concentrate them somewhat take every other tier and combine it so there are half as many tiers and the "range" is more useful but they still drop from act 1 normal onward, Okay.

Lop off the bottom three tiers and make them only drop in maps because: f*** newbies? not cool.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
essence are useless....so, it will be in the core game , nerfed or as map-mod...i take the bet.

have fun
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
We definitely need more trash mmo like items in the core game. Div cards and all sorts of fragments weren't enough.

A huge variety of rewards and system might confuse some people, but they are the massive sizzling 2 pound ribeye of what a randomized loot, Rogue-like ARPG is all about. Never simplfy or dumb this game down, if you don't like "mmo like items" just don't use them.

D&D had cards and decks in the late 1970's (AD&D first ED I believe was when the deck of many things appeared but IIRC). You're mistaken if you think this sort of random mechanic is some latecomer to these types of games invented by mmo's lol.
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
essence are useless....so, it will be in the core game , nerfed or as map-mod...i take the bet.

have fun

So you really can't think of a use for them? I don't think that's a problem with the essences.
Essence is just like free alchemy orbs per location, It may be implemented if they made less often.

But to my mind gaem is already cluttered with too many different types of encounters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info