Should "essences" be implemented in the core game?

"
mark1030 wrote:
They billed it as "making rares great again".

Incorrectly so. Essence is really "make crafting great again", not make rares great again. Essences for me effectively killed the rare drops.

Example: If I want a decay weapon, I have no reason to pick up any rare item from the ground. Ever. Every rare drop is basically garbage.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Oct 25, 2016, 1:58:05 PM
No.
Censored.
I will only tolerate Essences being implemented in the core game, if Talisman and Perandus also gets implemented in the core game too.

Edit: accept is a bit of a strong word, so tolerance is slightly more appropriate.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Oct 25, 2016, 2:20:05 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
I will only accept Essences being implemented in the core game, if Talisman and Perandus also gets implemented in the core game too.

Agreed.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
What John N said. It makes no sense to put in essences when they didn't talismans.
Censored.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
I will only accept Essences being implemented in the core game, if Talisman and Perandus also gets implemented in the core game too.

Agreed.

It's very likely that Essence will be added like Perandus, through map mods. Personally I hate map mods like those but I also doubt they would include essence as is so I guess it's an inbetween solution for something I won't ever see again.
I actually like the map mods, I just don't think they should cost anything - you should be able to freely choose what to farm and just pick out of the list of available things to run
"
almostdead wrote:
I hope they will. Perhaps at the same occurance rate as Strongboxes. Also change rare item quest rewards to essences.

i like this idea A LOT. the stupid rare item quest rewards are horrible. always have been, always will be

also i hate map mods. they're way too expensive for what you get out of them (99% nothing). i ran some map mods when they first introduced them and i'll never run them again
Last edited by xMustard on Oct 25, 2016, 2:34:14 PM
It's wonderful.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Should essences be implemented into the core game? They are great for self-found play, but unless they fix the way essence mods are displayed, it will be really annoying with respect to end-game crafting and identifying affixes. I hope they dont' implement them without addressing the crafting issue.

Will essences be added in to the core game?
Yes, obviously. They take up about half a stash tab. Essences translate into more stash tab pressure on long-term players, which means more stash tab sales.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info