Tanky Marauder Equipment

I am just wondering, is there a specific priority I need to have for equipment? I'm not very skilled at this game, so please forgive the noobish question.

Specifically, I'm trying to be tanky. So, should I prioritize armor? Health? Resists?

I've been mainly focusing on armor, then resists, but I'm feeling like my life is quite low and some enemies can basically one-shot me on T1 and T2 maps.

Any equipment suggestions would be most welcome.
Last bumped on Oct 26, 2016, 2:01:34 PM
As a Marauder your build is most likely based on Strength/Life/Armour.

Belly of the Beast is always a pretty good choice. Although it doesn't offer the greatest Armour rating (up to 543) you will get a massive boost of your health pool (up to 40% increased Maximum Life) and reasonably good resistances (up to 15% to all). A 5-link Belly costs around 30 Chaos these days (in SC Essence League).

If you are using a 1hd weapon, Lioneye's Remorse is a dirt cheap option to boost your defense big time: up to 100 Life, around 1500 Armour rating and 30% block chance. Lioneye's is being sold on poe.trade for as little as 1 Orb of Alteration.

And the game offers plenty means of physical damage reduction, for example:

Granite and Basalt Flasks or skills like Fortify, Arctic Armour, Chaos Golem or Decoy Totem.

Molten Shell will temporarily increase your Armour rating, Tempest Shield your block chance, Immortal Call will make you completely immune to physical damage for a short period (all these skills can be triggered with Cast When Damage Taken).

Then there are defensive curses like Enfeeble and Temporal Chains...
Last edited by tomay on Oct 25, 2016, 10:08:12 AM
Appreciate the help!

So, in order of priority, you think Armor, then life, then resists?
You can get a massive amount of armour for cheap if you make your way to the Iron Reflexes key stone and use both a Granite Flask of Iron Skin and a Jade Flask of Reflexes.

I don't have any real experience with 2 handed builds, but if you're using a shield or dual wielding, the Bringer of Rain is an excellent cheap item to help mitigate damage. The Anvil amulet also excellent for damage mitigation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info