My melee character does more damage using blade vortex, part 2

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
No your point is literally that the character isn't wearing abyssus so its a shit build, it's a fucking stupid argument and that shit argument belongs in scrubcore just like abyssus.

I mean your free to make up arguments for other people for to debate about but okay.

Without abyssus I would hope you hit even 10% of the damage of "budget gear" the guide says which is 236k dps but it doesn't.

Or does abysses increase your damage by like 15x? Why are you focusing on the abyssus part? It's just a pure fact that wearing it is one of the biggest draws to playing melee dagger crit.

I didn't make this shit all up, you have 16k dps and the best guide for your exact build is giving you all of theses numbers. Even without abyssus you don't even have half the damage. Your extremely suboptimal character doesn't even pull the numbers of noncrit builds of other characters.

Doesn't invalid the fact that blade vortex + pathfinder is OP, but it doesn't prove anything that your garbage character is so weak it can't beat an unsupported blade vortex. Using your character are we suppose to nerf blade vortex damage by 90% or some shit?
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 26, 2016, 10:09:17 PM
Hi all,

It’s clear there's a wide spectrum of opinions in this on going discussion. However, please refrain from targeting one another with comments that antagonise others in an obnoxious manner as it is against our Code of Conduct.
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

I mean your free to make up arguments for other people for to debate about but okay.

Without abyssus I would hope you hit even 10% of the damage of "budget gear" the guide says which is 236k dps but it doesn't.

Or does abysses increase your damage by like 15x? Why are you focusing on the abyssus part? It's just a pure fact that wearing it is one of the biggest draws to playing melee dagger crit.

I didn't make this shit all up, you have 16k dps and the best guide for your exact build is giving you all of theses numbers. Even without abyssus you don't even have half the damage. Your extremely suboptimal character doesn't even pull the numbers of noncrit builds of other characters.

Doesn't invalid the fact that blade vortex + pathfinder is OP, but it doesn't prove anything that your garbage character is so weak it can't beat an unsupported blade vortex. Using your character are we suppose to nerf blade vortex damage by 90% or some shit?

You can literally look right at his picture and see that his dps is inflated with a multitude of buffs.

The pictures I have taken include no temporary buffs and are provided while sitting in the hideout.

I could literally do the same thing with my BV numbers and probably hit 100k, it's a stupid point you're making that does not address the core issue in the debate whatsoever. And yes abyssus does basically double your dps.

Or maybe you're going to try to tell me that you normally sit in your hideout with maxed charges and blood rage running with your doedre's flask empty and half your ES gone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Either you can understand these simple, VERY BASIC concepts or you can't. Temporary buffs give just as much dps to BV.

Once again NOBODY IS COMPLAINING THAT THE BUILD ISN'T REACHING 236K. PLEASE READ THE DAMN THREAD AND UNDERSTAND THE ARGUMENT AT HAND
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Oct 26, 2016, 10:22:28 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

You can literally look right at his picture and see that his dps is inflated with a multitude of buffs.

The pictures I have taken include no temporary buffs and are provided while sitting in the hideout.

I could literally do the same thing with my BV numbers and probably hit 100k, it's a stupid point you're making that does not address the core issue in the debate whatsoever. And yes abyssus does basically double your dps.

Or maybe you're going to try to tell me that you normally sit in your hideout with maxed charges and blood rage running with your doedre's flask empty and half your ES gone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Either you can understand these simple, VERY BASIC concepts or you can't. Temporary buffs give just as much dps to BV.

Once again NOBODY IS COMPLAINING THAT THE BUILD ISN'T REACHING 236K. PLEASE READ THE DAMN THREAD AND UNDERSTAND THE ARGUMENT AT HAND

1. You're the one giving out numbers here, the people here are suppose to trust your numbers. If you're willing to deflate your dps as low as possible, even below normal gameplay standards ("inflated" but he's running all the buffs he has normally during fights). Even if chop off everything, his dps would be around 100k. Without abyss it would still be 50kish. You are far below this number ratio to the point were a "unsupported blade vortex" is better than your build.

2. We are suppose to trust your "blade vortex" numbers, but you're assuming at 20x and the natural crit multi/crit chance/increased physical damage that your tree has naturally has that buffs blade vortex. So obviously it's not completely unsupported.

3. If the temporary buffs also increase BV damage, that means with buffs the BV would still give you more damage then your reave. If you have the exact same buffs as the guy in the guide, BV will still give you more damage then reave regradeless since it's already higher.

So inherently your thread is being extremely dishonest, using your "current numbers" we would have to "nerf" blade vortex to be like 80% to make it fair to reave. There is no real metric we can use to debate how to "Fix" melee using your character.

Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 26, 2016, 10:34:11 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

1. You're the one giving out numbers here, the people here are suppose to trust your numbers. If you're willing to deflate your dps as low as possible, even below normal gameplay standards ("inflated" but he's running all the buffs he has normally during fights). Even if chop off everything, his dps would be around 100k. Without abyss it would still be 50kish. You are far below this number ratio to the point were a "unsupported blade vortex" is better than your build.

2. We are suppose to trust your "blade vortex" numbers, but you're assuming at 20x and the natural crit multi/crit chance/increased physical damage that your tree has naturally has that buffs blade vortex. So obviously it's not completely unsupported.

3. If the temporary buffs also increase BV damage, that means with buffs the BV would still give you more damage then your reave. If you have the exact same buffs as the guy in the guide, BV will still give you more damage then reave regradeless since it's already higher.

So inherently your thread is being extremely dishonest, using your "current numbers" we would have to "nerf" blade vortex to be like 80% to make it fair to reave. There is no real metric we can use to debate how to "Fix" melee using your character.

There's nothing deflated about the fucking dps guy, I'm giving hideout numbers for both fucking skills. Are you going to argue that one skill is not getting all the "hideout buffs"??????? Do you see any buffs in the BV picture? No you don't? Then WHAT IS YOUR FUCKING POINT?
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Oct 26, 2016, 10:34:49 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

There's nothing deflated about the fucking dps guy, I'm giving hideout numbers for both fucking skills. Are you going to argue that one skill is not getting all the "hideout buffs"???????

So using your numbers either reave is a garbage tier skill since ANY other viable melee skill would show higher damage then blade vortex with revelent damage/gear, or your character is garbage.

I stated the point multiple times, your character is a horrible example as a case against blade vortex.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 26, 2016, 10:35:45 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

So using your numbers either reave is a garbage tier skill since ANY other viable melee skill would show higher damage then blade vortex with revelent damage, or your character is garbage.

I stated the point multiple times, your character is a horrible example as a case against blade vortex.

199.8% increased dagger damage, 54% attack speed, 190% dagger crit and 114% dagger crit multi on tree

Wielding these items:

BV doing more damage with that setup

"horrible example as case against blade vortex"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There isn't anything else to be said, you don't like the fact that it isn't wearing abyssus and didn't artificially inflate the numbers first and somehow on your planet that justifies BV doing more damage on that build with that equipment, it's honestly the most ridiculously ignorant shit I've ever read
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Oct 26, 2016, 10:37:56 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

So using your numbers either reave is a garbage tier skill since ANY other viable melee skill would show higher damage then blade vortex with revelent damage, or your character is garbage.

199.8% increased dagger damage, 54% attack speed, 190% dagger crit and 114% dagger crit multi on tree

Wielding these items:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There isn't anything else to be said, you don't like the fact that it isn't wearing abyssus and didn't artificially inflate the numbers first and somehow on your planet that justifies BV doing more damage on that build with that equipment, it's honestly the most ridiculously ignorant shit I've ever read

I mean I'm not the one with a garbage melee character that can't beat an "unsupported" blade vortex whenever other single melee build that's decent can at least out damage bladevortex using the skill they are aiming for ;V

I mean like I said, using your thread we would have to nerf blade vortex damage by 90% since it's SO overpowered that it's better then "199.8% increased dagger damage, 54% attack speed, 190% dagger crit and 114% dagger crit multi on tree"

See the problem here?
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
No your point is literally that the character isn't wearing abyssus so its a shit build, it's a fucking stupid argument and that shit argument belongs in scrubcore just like abyssus. It's literally the same build minus the abyssus.

Ooouuuuh there goes the "I'm a HC player I know better stfu" part, good job ....

"
RagnarokChu wrote:

I mean like I said, using your thread we would have to nerf blade vortex damage by 90% since it's SO overpowered that it's better then "199.8% increased dagger damage, 54% attack speed, 190% dagger crit and 114% dagger crit multi on tree"

See the problem here?

I don't think he does, point has been missed many times.

@Legatus :
1. Sitting in hideout unbuff does not make a 16k dps skill jump to 50k or even 100k ( and nothing like the 236k in the guide, I have not checked it though, just taking numbers from this thread ).

2. Taking the whole unbuff things is not representative at all.

3. You have not even linked your complete gear with the links in the OP.

Blade Vortex surely is very strong, probably too much and need tuning, but you are obviously over-exagerrating it, quiiiite a bit.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Oct 26, 2016, 10:53:07 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

I mean I'm not the one with a garbage melee character that can't beat an "unsupported" blade vortex whenever other single melee build that's decent can at least out damage bladevortex using the skill they are aiming for ;V

See the problem here?

Yes, I do see a problem here. The problem here is that you haven't actually made a point of any kind, you're just spouting random anecdote that changes nothing.

What part of anything you just said invalidates any of this:

"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Wielding these items:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Answer: none of it, so you didn't really need to post anything at all.
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Oct 26, 2016, 10:55:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info