My melee character does more damage using blade vortex, part 2

I seriously SERIOUSLY doubt going assassin would help this build in HC at all. Right side melee is basically ONLY made viable in terms of surviving by going trickster. It's not "nonviable" either, I'd say the build was largely as successful as my last HC dagger char, which died to lag on spike traps in an uber lab trial at level 89.

Also to call crit dagger reave a "shitty melee build" is frankly quite a bit dishonest. You don't get much better as melee than going reave, and really I'd hardly even qualify reave as a melee gem at all. EQ I doubt would clear faster than this build.

It's just that I can take the melee character, swap out the gems and do more damage using a caster gem. I don't see how this is considered acceptable to anyone who plays this game. It's one thing to have some builds perform a little slower than others, it's a different thing when you can build around melee dagger and do more damage using a spell gem on that same build.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Oct 25, 2016, 8:40:42 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
I seriously SERIOUSLY doubt going assassin would help this build in HC at all. Right side melee is basically ONLY made viable in terms of surviving by going trickster. It's not "nonviable" either, I'd say the build was largely as successful as my last HC dagger char, which died to lag on spike traps in an uber lab trial at level 89.

Also to call crit dagger reave a "shitty melee build" is frankly quite a bit dishonest. You don't get much better as melee than going reave, and really I'd hardly even qualify reave as a melee gem at all. EQ I doubt would clear faster than this build.

It's just that I can take the melee character, swap out the gems and do more damage using a caster gem. I don't see how this is considered acceptable to anyone who plays this game. It's one thing to have some builds perform a little slower than others, it's a different thing when you can build around melee dagger and do more damage using a spell gem on that same build.

I mean when I say viable I meant on the upper tiers of strengths while having the goal of being survivable. Assassin allows you to basically ignore crit/crit multi on your gear and still have high damage so you can focus on getting 100% tanky gear. If you cannot adjust your build for your needs, I don't see how following a softcore 100+ ex character guide that you would never match is any better.

Crit based dagger builds without all of the extras I mentioned or expensive gear would even be worse than normal nonblade vortex builds CI.

Earthquake overall in general is much more powerful and tanky and clears like at 80% of the speed, if you're going for pure clear speed then spell builds or lacerate would be better.

I'm just saying melee is bad, but the way you are building your character is always going to make the character bad even if they buffed melee in general or nerfed blade vortex. Even if you build your character right, your type of character will always be ultra expensive. By comparison vast majority of builds would destroy your build in cost to performance ratio.

Spell based characters traditionally always have shitted on melee characters in best bang for their buck. Since 2014/2015 people said crit dagger has been broken as fuck, "cheap" to build, ect ect. GGG nerfed the shit out of them among other things.

Times change pretty quickly as well as public opinion ;V

Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 25, 2016, 8:54:06 PM
so what you are saying is the balance team operates similar to this:

https://youtu.be/wz-PtEJEaqY

Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
It is pretty funny how people start to throw around other builds that have nothing to do with your setup.

I fully agree that it is damn stupid if your character that is built for attacks does more damage using a spell which it is not specced for. I don't see how that is acceptable to anyone either, unless your build is really shitty or very general (passives that also benefit spells).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Oct 25, 2016, 9:06:56 PM
"
Char1983 wrote:
It is pretty funny how people start to throw around other builds that have nothing to do with your setup.

I fully agree that it is damn stupid if your character that is built for attacks does more damage using a spell which it is not specced for. I don't see how that is acceptable to anyone either, unless your build is really shitty or very general (passives that also benefit spells).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyedECtiVVg

It's almost like nobody knows the PoE meta works or how spells are.
I got one funy story from wey back when BF whas introduced.
My crapy tank Scion crit dager cyclone frustrated me.
So insted of AoE gem i decided to use CoC BF, and build all of suden got almost duble AoE when it come to cleer speed and probably more Dps. It whas feeling mach better for sure. I have not changed single thing on skill tree and it whas still giving better performance by long shot.
That is one of the resons melee crit builds frustrate me, the CoC sims to alweys be more potent for some reson.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Oct 25, 2016, 11:40:54 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyedECtiVVg

It's almost like nobody knows the PoE meta works or how spells are.

Of course I know that that is how PoE works. But it is not how things should work.

In case you did not get it: This thread was made not in order to tell everyone that this was discovered, but in order to tell GGG that this sucks.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
So I made a thread complaining about bonespire and what do you think ppl said on that thread? "Get more life", lol. Same people who told me to get more dps in the first melee thread.

Why not both? ;)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

I mean when I say viable I meant on the upper tiers of strengths while having the goal of being survivable. Assassin allows you to basically ignore crit/crit multi on your gear and still have high damage so you can focus on getting 100% tanky gear. If you cannot adjust your build for your needs, I don't see how following a softcore 100+ ex character guide that you would never match is any better.

Crit based dagger builds without all of the extras I mentioned or expensive gear would even be worse than normal nonblade vortex builds CI.

Earthquake overall in general is much more powerful and tanky and clears like at 80% of the speed, if you're going for pure clear speed then spell builds or lacerate would be better.

I'm just saying melee is bad, but the way you are building your character is always going to make the character bad even if they buffed melee in general or nerfed blade vortex. Even if you build your character right, your type of character will always be ultra expensive. By comparison vast majority of builds would destroy your build in cost to performance ratio.

Spell based characters traditionally always have shitted on melee characters in best bang for their buck. Since 2014/2015 people said crit dagger has been broken as fuck, "cheap" to build, ect ect. GGG nerfed the shit out of them among other things.

Times change pretty quickly as well as public opinion ;V

Trickster amounts to 40% Increased Attack Speed with high uptime, free frenzy charges and free es and evasion as well as free dodge and es recharge time.

If you think that is less efficient than getting some free crit stuff on a build that already had excessive damage then idk what there is to talk about.

Yes dagger builds are expensive, but even if u had a million ex there are not daggers for sale in ehc that justify spending over Binos. Abyssus I feel like is a bad item even in SC.
In fact if you look at this guy's budget build it is exactly what I have minus abyssus.

I'm trying to find common ground in this discussion and I'm not finding any, it's like you're playing a different game. And crit dagger nerfs? I've never seen that happen. Show me a nerf they made to crit dagger.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Oct 26, 2016, 9:02:03 AM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
Since you can play totems/earthquake/whatever acutal melee

You wot m8 ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info