My melee character does more damage using blade vortex, part 2

"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Honestly the only thing that has cleared faster than blade vortex (and probably still does) is vaal spark

BV is fast, but it's not *the* fastest mapper out there.

"
LSN wrote:
Let me tell you that BV has the best clearspeed on anything, no matter if bosses or maps, of everything, probably just inferior to very few other stupidly overpowered clearspeed builds like voltaxic spark.

Inquisitor (vaal)spark shits on voltaxic, always has.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Oct 25, 2016, 12:48:35 PM
BV for my Scion is basically "lawnmower: the build" - I run through packs and instantly annihilate them. In red maps. lol

This Scion USED to be a glacial cascade caster, with a ton of investment in cast speed and crap. BV is not only better at clearing packs, but bosses too. Sure, glacial cascade had great range, but the damage is CRAP in comparison.

BV is ridiculously overtuned, easy to minmax, and silly broken compared to any spell I can think of? Only downside is it's a "melee skill" with Conc effect, which is okay anyway if you're using "gimped" (in comparison) spells like glacial cascade or vortex (the cold spell, not BV).
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Same here, BV is strong, that's good, but melee is weak, that's terrible :(
The tooltip for Reave is not entirely accurate. You need to account for the 30% chance to poison, and the fact that poison spreads on death, to get a better idea of the real dps.
(You have 76% inc chaos damage on the tree if that helps.)

"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Wouldn't your crit chance and crit multi already be included in the BV tooltip?

Yes, they should already be accounted for in the tooltip.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Oct 25, 2016, 3:14:28 PM
OP you should go clear maps with your conc effect blade vortex and compare it to your normal reave setup before getting too upset.
"
OP you should go clear maps with your conc effect blade vortex and compare it to your normal reave setup before getting too upset.

Okay that was golden.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I don't know where you been but Crit dagger is so 2015, even more so that you're playing a CI melee damage character but you don't have a Melee Damage on Full Life Support gem attached.

Also you're playing trickster for some reason even though if you are going dagger crit, assassin is the far superior choice.

Finally crit melee builds of the dagger side are only good if you are using

A. Low life
B. Abyssus helmet

If you're going to try to get the extra 250 ES from the ascend at least wear an abyssus.

Not saying blade vortex isn't super easy to min-max with the mechanics and how spells are inherently superior to melee due to base damage, but your character isn't built that well either.

I assume you're following this build and don't realize it cost $$$ to be good.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1505925
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 25, 2016, 5:48:33 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
I don't know where you been but Crit dagger is so 2015, even more so that you're playing a CI melee damage character but you don't have a Melee Damage on Full Life Support gem attached.

Also you're playing trickster for some reason even though if you are going dagger crit, assassin is the far superior choice.

A. Low life
B. Abyssus helmet

If you're going to try to get the extra 250 ES from the ascend at least wear an abyssus.

Not saying blade vortex isn't super easy to min-max with the mechanics and how spells are inherently superior to melee due to base damage, but your character isn't built that well either.

Don't you undestand this player playing HC since 2013???? Do you really think he needs your "usefull" advices how to make his characters???? Even if he is exaggerating some details, this is clear - ggg team can not deliver A+ grade game no more. New league - new op skill - one op unique-the league is dead in one month... see you in next three months. Thanks for 5% buffs.
3.0 IC Elemental Facebreaker Ascendant (HHC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1972518
2.6 Burning torpedo BLS Berserker(HC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1866111
2.5 HoWA BF Elemental Raider - Hybrid 800+int - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1785450
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

A. Low life
B. Abyssus helmet

I'm guessing you don't play HC

I mean, your analysis is largely correct - I could increase my DPS by wearing abyssus. I could also increase BV's damage by wearing shavs, going PA, and using an extra 3 auras. But in HC I don't think either of those are viable right now, they don't provide enough ES. I can't use the extra red gem because I would not have enough ES on a red base chest piece (including splendour). Even if I wanted to spend an extra million chaos, the build would not improve by much - other than by getting a 6 link, which I'm not convinced the build is good enough to justify shelling out for one on this build. I think it will just end up dying to some random bs. And judging from what is actually AVAILABLE on EHC, even if I tried to shell out the currency for an upgrade, nobody would have one to sell me.

In fact on the first thread I made like this, there was a large outcry about the amount of nodes I had dedicated to defense and the relatively poor spread of nodes into dps. That character later died to bonespire because he didn't have enough buffer and bonespire apparently ignores MoM and armor, and was not a bleed so did not dispel with staunching flasks. I had used all 6 uses of my two perfectly rolled seething divine life flasks of staunching, with some flask nodes, and still died through roughly 6k hp and armor. That equals something like 40-60k base damage on that bonespire IIRC. It was just a random rare bonespire mob, not even a boss. Didn't use the logout macro fast enough, but really wasn't expecting the bonespire shit to last for 10 seconds and drain - what is it with 6 flasks? 17k life? IDK something like that. It was IR btw.

So I made a thread complaining about bonespire and what do you think ppl said on that thread? "Get more life", lol. Same people who told me to get more dps in the first melee thread.

I've already had a few close calls on the current build and was debating whether to shell out the 120+ chaos for a 500 es shield. Until I rerolled blade vortex and started mindlessly and effortlessly blowing through content like it was not even there. BTW I did the same thing with vaal spark in the bonespire league, as well as eventually using bladefall to prove my point in the thread.

Damac is exactly right - GGG will not make an effort to balance the two play styles. Melee like this is only viable with insane investment, and even then b̶a̶r̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶a̶r̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ doesn't clear as fast as regular caster builds (BV, spark, flameblast, etc) - builds which were good when you first picked up your starting gems after killing hillock/brutus/merveil.

And so here we are. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Oct 25, 2016, 7:25:14 PM
I mean I was just being fair, your comparing a mid/2nd tier build (if that) against the best gem in the entire game

Crit dagger is known for being extremely expensive AND nonhardcore viable unless you are ultra rich. It's what you think of when you think of someone mirroring a weapon. Not wearing an abyssus/being low life/other expensive mechanics mean your crit dagger build will be garbage compared to other melee builds such as earthquake anyway.

Which I mentioned earlier, if you wanted an accessible "hardcore" crit character using physical weapons, you would have to be either using a bow or going assassin.

Since at this point you can just respec 30 points and go as CoC cycloner or some shit and be a billion times better.

Melee in a general is a bad spot, but I would use reasons outside of a shitty crit dagger character on hardcore. Since you can play totems/earthquake/whatever acutal melee that is decent like starforge lacerate, that would be a more fair comparison.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 25, 2016, 8:30:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info