Trying to build the ultimate Izaro killer...without going ES.

I feel like CI+Vaal Pact is the only sure way to make uber Izaro ezmodo. He's got SO much burst damage (especially phys burst) and I've tried my luck at life+armor characters and found him still decently challenging (not impossible...just, hard enough I usually only get 2 keys off him and it's still a rough fight).

What is the single best uber Izaro killer...without going CI? I really hate CI itemization and playing as a CI character.

Kintsugi seems to be the best item choice from what I can tell - but even with that item you still need like a minimum of 6k life to make it viable. If you let Izaro get fully buffed, is there anyway to make a budget character take him down easily? I don't necessarily mean face tank him, I'm just tired of getting OHKO'd by his cleaves and leap slams. Is the trick just getting a SUPER beastly decoy totem? Decoy totem is probably the only reason I've been able to kill him at all.

Are there any builds tailored to farming uber lab and really succeed at it, without going CI? I'm kind of disappointed all of my builds share a common weakness of being oneshot by Izaro on ocassion, even when I feel like I've significantly invested in defense.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last bumped on Oct 26, 2016, 12:06:07 AM
"
anubite wrote:
I feel like CI+Vaal Pact is the only sure way to make uber Izaro ezmodo. He's got SO much burst damage (especially phys burst) and I've tried my luck at life+armor characters and found him still decently challenging (not impossible...just, hard enough I usually only get 2 keys off him and it's still a rough fight).

What is the single best uber Izaro killer...without going CI? I really hate CI itemization and playing as a CI character.

Kintsugi seems to be the best item choice from what I can tell - but even with that item you still need like a minimum of 6k life to make it viable. If you let Izaro get fully buffed, is there anyway to make a budget character take him down easily? I don't necessarily mean face tank him, I'm just tired of getting OHKO'd by his cleaves and leap slams. Is the trick just getting a SUPER beastly decoy totem? Decoy totem is probably the only reason I've been able to kill him at all.

Are there any builds tailored to farming uber lab and really succeed at it, without going CI? I'm kind of disappointed all of my builds share a common weakness of being oneshot by Izaro on ocassion, even when I feel like I've significantly invested in defense.

Well, Izaro isn't very hard to begin with. This is assuming you have decent mitigation and recovery options.

However, the best build to farm Izaro is going to be a Pathfinder, hands down. No competition. It's cheap, effective, and can get runs down to 3-5 minutes (barring side areas) easily. You'll also be very survivable.

If I were to make a lab farmer, it would be a Pathfinder. Quicksilvers swapped for three life flasks and two basalts with my spell crit Blade Vortex going. I wouldn't care too much about keys.
izaro is not easy at all, if you consider the OS potential ^^

"
Well, Izaro isn't very hard to begin with. This is assuming you have decent mitigation and recovery options.

Everything is easy with a godmode activated, the problem is to activate it.

Personnally a hp sponge char does the job, with belt of the deceiver + the reduced crit damage taken nodes in the tree + enfeeble + fortify + a way to generate endurance charges without kills or arctic armor. Brass dome is a solution too.

we also avoid abyssus, it's a suicide.

I will never be good but always I try to improve.
"
Geisalt wrote:

Operating System potential?

Other Supporters potential?

Over-Skill potential?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
any regen tankish toon is fine for izaro and trials

a regular RF toon, your cookie cutter chieftain or jugg, is one of the strongest toons there can be for lab, in my experience. just pretty much zero risk.
"
adghar wrote:
"
Geisalt wrote:

Operating System potential?

Other Supporters potential?

Over-Skill potential?
I think he meant one-shot potential.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Anything can kill Izaro ''ultimate'' if you can survive lets say his wave slash.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
anubite wrote:

Play Life/Armor Juggernaut. Probably safest class to beat down on Izaro. Doesn't matter what kind of Juggernaut. You can go Blade Vortex Juggernaut if you want, but I am unsure how you will get all that Dex.
EQ Slayer is very powerful against him,the 20% culling effectively removes the third fight. If you can get a vinktar,he will die instantly on the third phase,just don't forget the shock immune flask ;). So yea,id say slayer/juggernaut are your top pics,if you also happen to gear them,the lab is trivial.
Last edited by Kasapnica on Oct 24, 2016, 5:49:14 AM
"
grepman wrote:
any regen tankish toon is fine for izaro and trials

a regular RF toon, your cookie cutter chieftain or jugg, is one of the strongest toons there can be for lab, in my experience. just pretty much zero risk.

I've been playing around with a RF character, but I'm not sure what you mean by 'regular'.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAHnBLMGDgbDCfYLYQxfE6UUIBZvFy8YVhhdGS4aPhv6HKckqiXfJvMn7SkuKU81kjbpOuE8BTwtPO89_EGHTeNTpVXWVw1XlFhjW6BfP2TnZp5odGjyfA58S3y4ffWApIIHgpuDX4PMjHaUoJZ0mjuePJ7Nn9-iAKQZplemo6cwp1Wtja9stiy3Mbc-uX7AZsQVxFjE9sYExq7G2M9-0iHUfNWm2E3Yvdlh2mLjau087w7vfPAf8azyL_JB8kX2SPno-tL-Cv6P?accountName=anubite&characterName=Salubriate

I'm using RF+bladefall for AoE and RF+fireball for single target. It's great for mapping so far but even with 4.5k life simply merciless (not uber) Izaro is a bit of a challenge still for the character; didn't really trivialize it for me. I'm probably missing a chase unique though - is there some critical item or passive I need? Or am I focusing on the wrong skill?
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info