RAT NUKE SURVIVES

I love the idea of this build and would love to give it a try. However, I am very new to the game, so I will probably try it out on Softcore before moving to Hardcore. Again, very new, so forgive the dumb question but where does the fire totem ability come from? I'm assuming a skill gem. Does that skill gem need to be linked with anything else? Or do I just put it in where ever there is room?

Thank you!
"
Digi84 wrote:
I love the idea of this build and would love to give it a try. However, I am very new to the game, so I will probably try it out on Softcore before moving to Hardcore. Again, very new, so forgive the dumb question but where does the fire totem ability come from? I'm assuming a skill gem. Does that skill gem need to be linked with anything else? Or do I just put it in where ever there is room?

Thank you!

If you're referring to the fire explosions from the totem (he's using the Ranged Attack Totem gem, though you can use it with other totems as well if you wish although they won't be as effective), then that comes specifically from the Chieftains' Tukohama, War's Herald ascendancy node. The totems need to take damage first in order to trigger that, though (i.e. you can't manually cast it like a skill gem), which is why he's using the Eye of Innocence ammy to trigger it via its on-Ignite self-damage mechanic.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Tukohama,_War%27s_Herald

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this build for a new player. It relies on a specific unique (which, while not "too" expensive, has likely now seen a price rise owing to being featured on BOTW) and utilizes a less-than-straightforward PoE mechanic that isn't as intuitive as simply casting a spell/attack and so is really more suited to someone with more experience of the game.

If you follow his guide, though, then it will work (assuming you can get the items) and so, if you're determined, go ahead. :)

Edit: And congratz to the build creator on getting BoTW, btw, lol! :D
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 3, 2016, 1:21:55 PM
Looks cool , never going to play shit like this though .
"
INTRODUCTION

This build uses the Eye of Innocence
amulet coupled with the Chieftain "Tukohama, War's Herald" passive that makes totems immune to fire damage and reflect 8% of their max life when they're hit. The eye of innocence makes it so the totems proc reflect every time they ignite an enemy.

A couple words of warning, it's not an extremely fast build. It really excels as a vacuum for beyonded maps and is extremely safe with totem taunt/knockback. It's not extremely slow either, it pulls enemies from up to 3 screens away (due to chain). Another warning is that the sound is pretty much unbearable, it's definitely something you want to think about when choosing the build.

Conversely it's probably the most fun build I've ever played, I've had 0 issues with maps up to t12 with dangerous mods.

VIDEO

Here's a rough video, its a work in progress build only level 72 right now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ9TyUJ7pk4&feature=youtu.be

Quick Merciless Izaro final fight
https://youtu.be/qLsVyeddfNE

Random blue T7 (at level 75)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OiCBy2OfY4

Twinned Chateau T11
https://youtu.be/9L6pheyza3Y

SKILL TREE

Passives

Ascendancy Points: Arohongui, Tukohama, Ngamahu, Hinekora for penetration (leech doesn't work, not enough damage)

Bandits: Oak, Kraityn or point, Oak or point

Leveling: Use facebreaker + ancestral warchief = cruise control to 68

SKILL TREE EXPLANATION

The only way to scale the damage is totem life, fire damage penetration and attack speed. So max those.

JEWELS

A spire of stones if you want, theres a few good spots for it.
1 Rain of Splinters
The rest can be rares. Look for Totem Life, Maximum Life %, and finally attack Speed/Bow Aspd/ Attack&cast

LINKS

General Attack - Tornado Shot, RAT, GMP, Chain, Knockback, Chance to Ignite
Single Target if there's no adds for boss (5link in glove) - Barrage, Faster Attacks, chance to ignite, RAT, and knockback granted by gloves
CWDT- Immortal call Inc Duration
Auras- Blasphemy + flammability and ele weakness
Mobility - Blink arrow, Faster attacks

GEAR

Rare rings, belt, boot just get life/res. Gloves/bow are pretty non negotiable. You need to craft cold damage on both rings (if not already on them) in order to ignite cold resistant curse-immune mobs. (It should bring cold damage up to 3-5 which is what you're looking for. At least 3 on the lowend)

THE END

Emberwake Ruby Ring fo more damage
Hello,
Can you describe which links you have used to level up? I'm trying to figure out, but... It's pretty hard when it's my first maruder character. Thanks!
"
The_x_ile wrote:
"
Valiren wrote:
Can the fire dmg explosion from the totems ignite enemies, triggering another "hit" on the totem, thus causing another explosion?

since it reflect totem.. you dont have any way to effect it, so the answer is no, it also dont crit afaik

The flammability curse would still give it a small chance to ignite, though, right? So my question, then, is can it happen at all?
Hinekora, Deaths Fury last line gain 20% of physical damage as extra fire damage if you or your totem have killed recently. So whit elemental equilibrium is anti- penetration right? (+25 fire res on hit)
"
breedovsky96 wrote:
Hello,
Can you describe which links you have used to level up? I'm trying to figure out, but... It's pretty hard when it's my first maruder character. Thanks!

So the easiest way to do this is to use facebreakers with ancestral protector/ warchief. Make sure to get the Resolute Technique passive ASAP. Then I went into the scion area to knock out the resist passives (super helpful)/ jewel socket. After that it was the extra totem keystone. Warchief with facebreakers is pretty hilarious; I used hatred/ herald of ash to boost the damage coming out and just went for as many more multipliers as I could. At level 40 or so I stopped upgrading it when it was something like 7k sheet dps per totem.
So, just started the build, one question i have, why no point on Ironwood (totem points close to blood magic) in the skill tree?
What's the best lab enchants you guys would go for on this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info