Fireborn Jewel

I have a suggestion: Could we have the Fireborn jewel have more of a clear description to what it actually does? It says that increases and reductions in other damage types in the radius are transformed to apply to fire damage. But look at this screenshot:

Spoiler

When I got the jewel, I was under the assumption that it would transform the bonuses to just apply to fire damage. 'lo and behold though, in the screenshot it converts the damage to "Melee Fire Damage". Still pretty good, but not quite what I was expecting.

I'm hopped up on cold medicine right now, so I'm having trouble coming up with wording that might be more clear, so any suggestions of course are appreciated.
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2017, 12:08:24 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"increases and reductions in other damage elements in the radius are transformed to apply to fire damage" ?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
No, Physical isn't an element.

Just need to add this reminder text to the end:
(The Damage Types are Physical, Lightning, Cold, Fire and Chaos.)
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
No, Physical isn't an element.

Just need to add this reminder text to the end:
(The Damage Types are Physical, Lightning, Cold, Fire and Chaos.)

Or something in the tooltip that will tell you that % increase to melee damage will become melee fire, and not just fire ^_^
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
Melee isn't a Damage Type. Of course it wouldn't be converted.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
That's not really clear to someone who's relatively new though. This game has so many little quirks to the mechanics that it can be a be hard to learn every little thing. Hell, didn't even know this jewel existed until a few days ago XD

Now that you do say that though, I can see how that makes sense to me now.
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
btw, how(as what) is it classified?
elements/chaos/phys is a Type, ok
there's melee/what? projectile?
what is AoE? speaking of AoE, why there's no "single target" tag?
these are just an example questions, answers to which aren't obvious even to some people who played MONTHS already...
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
btw, how(as what) is it classified?
elements/chaos/phys is a Type, ok
there's melee/what? projectile?
what is AoE? speaking of AoE, why there's no "single target" tag?
these are just an example questions, answers to which aren't obvious even to some people who played MONTHS already...

Yup. I just joined the game about halfway through Prophecy, so I'm still fairly green when compared to some of the people who are hanging around here yet. Lots of little bits to the game to learn, and sometimes the game doesn't really make it easy for newcomers in that regard.
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
"
VictusBcb wrote:

When I got the jewel, I was under the assumption that it would transform the bonuses to just apply to fire damage. 'lo and behold though, in the screenshot it converts the damage to "Melee Fire Damage". Still pretty good, but not quite what I was expecting.

I did not know this. I assumed the same thing you did. Thanks for noticing this.
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction
Wiki descriptions:

Damage sources: Attack, Spell, Secondary, Damage over Time
Damage Types: Physical, Cold, Lightning, Fire, Chaos
Keywords: Area, Elemental, Melee, Mine, Minion, Projectile, Totem, Trap, Unarmed
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info