Getting a shavs makes me sad.

"
Perq wrote:

Well, yes, could probably be a little more expensive (around 8ex, maybe?), but 80ex is way, waaaaay too much.

80ex is a good rage-quit price. Remember when CoE was da bomb, it was like a mountain of exalts, and then turned into a 1c item overnight. I'd love to know how many players uninstalled the game then and there.
"
LSN wrote:

So you think the game should be only be beatable with shavs?

Thats would be a ridiculous statement considering the fact that there are alot of people who enjoy playing e.g. melee/life and have tremendous disadvantages since the beginning already anyway.

That would be a VERY ridiculous statement. And no, I absolutely do not think that beating the game should require a Shavs.

I was only pointing out that a Shavs were a much better item "in the past", as going low life was one of few options for a huge damage output. This was a part of my attempt to explain the price point. I'm sorry if you interpreted my post otherwise.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Perq wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Probably less for you and me, but why can't there be items in the game that require that much farming, given leagues are 3 months long that is more then enough time if people are a bit slower at building wealth to work towards a goal. Im not saying 80ex is the best price point but 4-5 ex is laughable really given the rarity of the item itself.

Well, yes, could probably be a little more expensive (around 8ex, maybe?), but 80ex is way, waaaaay too much. I will agree that there is too much stuff dropping nowadays (even tho the general trend of making stuff available is good, overall... it just needs a little fine-tuning). But I still prefer over-saturation than starvation. :P

You forget when shavs was 80 ex, that was standard pricing, not temp league pricing, which is a bit different.

The price of shavs in the leagues were 25-30 depending on the week of the league, going up to around 50ex or so towards the later part of the league.

Over saturated is far worst then starvation given the genre of game we are playing in. Oversaturation leads to many players that would have put forth effort and time into something getting burnt out far quicker. Pair this with stuff like the harder XP grind to 100 and many people just lose all interest in pursuing a higher investment build. Also add in the fact that AC classes remove the need to gear characters as much and its basically a double whammy.

I hope act 5 is good and whatever major changes they have planned with it are because the game really does need a breathe of fresh air.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
Over saturated is far worst then starvation given the genre of game we are playing in. Oversaturation leads to many players that would have put forth effort and time into something getting burnt out far quicker.

Wow. Do you actually believe that crap? Or do you just like to flip?

4ex seems like a very good price point for me for an item like Shavs. It is build-enabling, some builds simply require it, thus it should not be more expensive. With Starforge or Disfavour or Skyforth you can argue, but those items are also required in more niche builds than Shavs, which is essential for any low-life build.

And 3-4ex isn't exactly "saturated". If the market was saturated, people would vendor those items.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
Over saturated is far worst then starvation given the genre of game we are playing in. Oversaturation leads to many players that would have put forth effort and time into something getting burnt out far quicker.

Wow. Do you actually believe that crap? Or do you just like to flip?

4ex seems like a very good price point for me for an item like Shavs. It is build-enabling, some builds simply require it, thus it should not be more expensive. With Starforge or Disfavour or Skyforth you can argue, but those items are also required in more niche builds than Shavs, which is essential for any low-life build.

And 3-4ex isn't exactly "saturated". If the market was saturated, people would vendor those items.

Lamo. I legit don't flip at all, about the only time I made a lot of money was back when atziri was added and that was mainly in standard, due to the fact that I was able to farm up the midnights pretty quickly, selling the drops because I knew they would decrease in price.

You are either naive or simple have no concept of saving money. 4ex is nothing, 4ex is like the dog shit level of reward for finding one of the rarest items in the game. Consider this, stuff like alpha's howl used to be valued at 4ex. Now one of the rarest items in the game is worth 4ex. Clearly something is wrong here, this is partly caused by perandus inflation and the devalue of low life characters over just going CI, but its clear making them more common was not necessary at all.

I believe the point in which they increased the drop rate was during tempest league. That league I made TONS of currency selling various things and I didn't really push too hard mapping. But it was an awesome economy with things people could\would work towards. Now if you don't have your build "complete" in basically a week you are a dogshit player, because the investment cost really is next to nothing.

The only absolute build that requires shavs, even so you could do it with baby shavs if you wanted, is a low life guardian build, because it pushes auras to the limit. Other then that there is absolutely nothing build enabling about a chest that gives you the ability to go low life, when its technically not even the only way in which you can go low life. PA isn't necessary in the state of the game and auras cost far more now then they really ever have in terms of getting the necessary gems to run a good amount of them.

Starforge, disfavor and skyforths all really have strict drop restrictions and rather limited divination card options, thats why these things actually still hold value.

Search poe.trade right now on essence league. There are 99+ for sale. If that isn't saturation I don't now what is. No vendor level isn't saturation that is just the complete devaluation of the item at all, which if shavs dropped as common as something like alpha howl it would be possible for it to be vendor level.

FeelsBadMan

I wish a Shav drop would make me feel anything...

I got this many Shavs since 2013:

When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
goetzjam wrote:
You are either naive or simple have no concept of saving money. 4ex is nothing, 4ex is like the dog shit level of reward for finding one of the rarest items in the game. Consider this, stuff like alpha's howl used to be valued at 4ex. Now one of the rarest items in the game is worth 4ex. Clearly something is wrong here, this is partly caused by perandus inflation and the devalue of low life characters over just going CI, but its clear making them more common was not necessary at all.

Why should you be rewarded for being purely lucky? I don't get it.

Besides that, 4ex isn't no money, it is a goal that someone who is not no-lifing this game can realistically get in a realistic amount of time, which is great. I made around 20ex or so on Perandus, btw.

4ex is a great price, because it is not for free, but if you are dedicated you can get there in a reasonable amount of time even as a non-nolifer. Which is awesome, because then you can play the builds you want.

And why should I get "rewarded" for finding a Shavs? I literally do nothing "right" to find a Shavs, I just get lucky. I did sell a Shavs at some point for like 35-40ex. Do I need that? No. I prefer less erratic gameplay.

Mirrors are still pretty valuable btw.
People complaining about dropping a Shav when I drop those fucking things EVERY SINGLE LEAGUES.

If I remember well those are T1 and the highest rarity of this tier. Everytime one drop it remember me that I could have dropped a Kaom, Shav, ToH, Heretic, ect... instead.

Thank you so much Charan for this amazing addition (ho wait didn't he raged quit because ggg trolled him with this item ?)
Spoiler
Last edited by IceDeal on Oct 27, 2016, 11:20:43 AM
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Why should you be rewarded for being purely lucky? I don't get it.

Besides that, 4ex isn't no money, it is a goal that someone who is not no-lifing this game can realistically get in a realistic amount of time, which is great. I made around 20ex or so on Perandus, btw.

4ex is a great price, because it is not for free, but if you are dedicated you can get there in a reasonable amount of time even as a non-nolifer. Which is awesome, because then you can play the builds you want.

And why should I get "rewarded" for finding a Shavs? I literally do nothing "right" to find a Shavs, I just get lucky. I did sell a Shavs at some point for like 35-40ex. Do I need that? No. I prefer less erratic gameplay.

Mirrors are still pretty valuable btw.

Holy fucking shit dude.

If you get really lucky the reward should be there, otherwise the chase for unique items is all but pointless. Might as well just give everyone what they want if everything is going to be cheap enough for everyone to buy what they want. Guess thats one way to solve trade issues.

4ex is literally nothing to quite a lot of people. 4ex is like 250 chaos in standard right now or a bit more then that in the ESC league. But 4ex in EHC is only like 120 chaos, then again I bet shavs is worth more there, given the nature of a better overall economy.

All games like this ABSOLUTELY MUST appeal to the higher extremes, not the lower extremes, if it appeals to the later its just a watered down piece of shit game like D3. Lets compare this to another set of games. Dota 2 and league, league obviously appeals to lessor skilled players. Whereas Dota 2 is balanced around the professional scene. Not saying PoE needs balanced around only the streamers, but its needs balanced in such a way that ALL players can have goals towards, even if that means certain things are out of reach for players with less time.

If you get lucky, you should get rewarded, thats how games like this works.

The fact you mention that mirrors are still valuable goes to prove how clueless you are on this topic, we are talking about stuff that can happen to you and should be rewarding, no shit mirrors are valuable, but you don't see many people exactly finding those over the course of their playtime do you.

FeelsBadMan

I like being rewarded for knowing game mechanics. I don't like to be rewarded for being lucky. Simple as that.

Also, you do get rewarded. 4ex is 4ex. If they don't mean anything to you, or if you don't want them, give them to me.

EDIT: I also like to be able to play and try builds. With a 40ex Shavs, that is simply not possible, not going to get 40ex in a temp league, and most people won't. You are just trying to lock out people from certain parts of the game, which is egoistic.
Last edited by Char1983 on Oct 27, 2016, 11:36:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info