stuff that i need to know

i did the normal mode and im off to the higher difficulty but there are some things i still dont know like how to trade and what currency is used and whether there is multiplayer involed here ? ty for your answers
Last bumped on Oct 26, 2016, 7:02:05 AM
How to trade? poe.trade, look for some guide.
Most used currency is chaos orb, but ppl are using alchemy orbs/fusing orbs/chaos orbs/divine orbs and exalted orbs ("lower" currency keep for urself)
Hello, exile.

You mentioned trade before multiplayer, but let me tackle the easy answer first.

Path of Exile is multiplayer from the very beginning. It is the decision of the player on if they engage in party participation or not. You can join a public party, or create one on your own (with no guarantee of others joining) or you can play with friends to ensure a private group with people you know and trust.

Party play rewards and challenges players by raising monster health and increasing the quantity of items monsters drop. The creator of a party can set loot drops to be free for all (the easiest method of obtaining what you need in a party with people you trust), or set to timed/permanent allocation. I would suggest that, if using allocation, it be permanent since players can simply outpace you and ignore the relatively short timer on items allocated to you because you are out of range. FFA/PA are generally the best options. But of course that's just my opinion!

As for trading with players, there are many ways to do it. The best way would be to use third-party tools such as poe.trade to search for items online. It includes options that allow users to set specific mods and rolls on items so that you may get the item you need.

Poe.trade accesses Premium stash tabs to show on its website, in addition to accessing and showcasing items that players have in their Shop threads on the official forum. It's completely free, and completely legit.

Outside of poe.trade you may decide to use the trade chat in-game to obtain items quickly. You can sometimes get very good deals this way, but expect to be faced with a flood of in-game chat as everyone tries to sell/buy at the same time. If you have ever visited a busy open market where different vendors all hawk their wares at once and try to convince you to buy their items, you will know how chaotic this can be!

Currency drops as gold items (but may be changed with loot filters) that can be used on items to add, remove, or reroll modifiers. Rarity of drop generally raises demand and price. To get the best idea of what a currency item is worth, check poe.trade values or ask the Global chat (and take the average of the answers given).

Keep in mind that there is an unofficial wiki you can look at by scrolling over the Game tab. The wiki is fairly accurate and can help with many other questions.

Good luck, exile!
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Oct 23, 2016, 7:51:53 AM
Here's a bit of advice. Don't think of the different playthroughs as "difficulties" even though we call them that. It's a term inherited from other games. Merciless is the easiest of all three for most builds.
ty so much for your replies

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info