just starting... frustrated...

1st quest: "travel to tidal island".

oh, but hey... there's no guidance and it isn't on the waypoint map.
joke's on you.
just run around and die randomly a lot! LOL

now what?
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2016, 4:53:24 AM
Hope you make it through the rest of the game if you got stuck trying to find tidal island... :/

If you follow along the coast, you'll come across the waypoint. Tidal Island and the Mud Flats are pretty much right next to it, so just explore around it.
You can hit U on the keyboard to bring up the quest log I believe. In doing so, it also brings up a map of that Act and shows every waypoint.

The quest marker should show you where you need to go. Unfortunately it won't hold your hand on the way there, and you will need to explore the instance map on your own to reach it.

Stick to the coast (just prior to entering Mud Flats) and you will see a waypoint marker you can activate. Immediately next to that will be the entrance to the Tidal Island.

Any additional frustrations concerning the quest and map pathing? Scroll over the Game tab and it will show Community Wiki at the bottom. It's fairly accurate and should help you navigate the world of Wraeclast.

Good luck, Exile!
Bring back race seasons.
"
paradive wrote:

joke's on you.

now what?

Really though, if finding this was hard for you (not trolling) this game is going to really frustrate the shit out of you man.

Making all kinds of gains.
Er?
I always thought that quests in arpgs were rather trivial (in terms of brain power needed), I mean, yes, it's not an adventure so you shouldn't be required to think a lot in order to do a quest, but short of the hand holding AbdulAlhazred mentioned there's every help you could imagine in the game.

Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Looking at his character i think he gave up on the game.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
paradive wrote:

joke's on you.

now what?

Some quests will involve you to explore an area.
Most of the time the people in the towns and camps will give you helpful information.

If my memory is correct, then when Nessa give you the quest part of what she says includes the phrase:
"Out on the coast..."

This helps you know where to look, (although as the Coast is the very next area after Lioneye's Watch it'll be hard to avoid) and when talking with Bestel he'll give you more information, specifically about an island offshore where his ship crashed and that there should be a medicine chest there.

As you explore The Coast you'll find a waypoint, and the exits to both the Mud Flats and the Tidal Island.
As a new player you'll probably want to kill a lot of the enemies in your way as you explore The Coast.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
If you have a second monitor/laptop i recommend having google open for asking any questions about the game as they appear, if not you are like a blind man without a stick or a dog.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
paradive wrote:

joke's on you.

now what?

Guess you're coming from a game like Diablo 3 or WoW, where everything is spoonfed to you...

PoE require you to actually put some time/effort into the game, if you want to have a somewhat pleseant experience.

So if you expect a game, where you'll be spoonfed with endgame gear, and leveling is basicly something that takes 2-3 hours, then you've come to the wrong game.
THis is a troll right plz tell me this is a troll cause if not i mean goddamn thats just special then.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info