What do you think about Piety coming back in act5?

What do you think about Piety coming back in act5?

I think it is great.

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2016, 8:10:33 PM
Shes fucking dead like she was stabbed in the fucking stomach by a fleshbone like staff of a spear. It would be really stupid.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Oct 22, 2016, 5:44:52 PM
This would be an incredible disappointment if Piety had anything to do with act 5. She died and it would take away from her death scene if she just rolled back into the game somehow.

They need to do something fresh with this new act.
"
Shes fucking dead like she was stabbed in the fucking stomach by a fleshbone like staff of a spear. It would be really stupid.

She died in every act so far.
Act 1: killed by spikes coming out of ground
Act 2: killed by broken portal
Act 3: Kileld by Exile
Act 4: killed by Exile
Act 4: killed by Malachai
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Oct 22, 2016, 5:55:12 PM
She dead
I'd rather see Captain Fairgraves, again. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
I'd rather see Captain Fairgraves, again. =^[.]^=

In my canon, Zana's father is Captain Fairgraves, and he's been resurrected again as the Guardian of the Pheonix.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
guys, we all know Bestel is just waiting it out...

remember that skill point you took from him? hahaha, he got you good.

all according to keikaku

Piety
Piety's design is pretty good, but she is dead.
I need more purple titles
If GGG resurrects Piety for act 5 then Malachai's killing of her was all for not. GGG made a mockery out of the Malachai battle by not incentivizing it. We have to kill him twice to get on to the next level of difficulty but always skip merc battle because the loot drops are crap and there is no passive point awarded. I can honesty say "what in the world does GGG think?" Why do any hard content for garbage rewards... oh wait... this is GGG and PoE is... what the hell was I thinking... my bad... sorry.

Anyway, bringing back Piety would ruin any semblance of continuity. She died, leave her dead.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I think she's gone for good OP.

The exile killed her in Lunaris Temple, and she was consumed by a dark portal revealing something wasn't right.

Later Dominus was slain and absorbed by a similar portal, however he was immediately recreated in Malachai's vision as Dominus Ascendant. This abomination was destroyed.

Later we encounter Malachai's redesigned Piety, and destroy her. This apparently disrupted Malachai's power enough that she was given a tenuous control over her revived form.

Malachai is shown to still be able to reinvigorate what he brought back from the brink, and can still control Piety with concentration and effort when his previous control is disrupted. After enough harassment and when shown it is too much effort, he destroys his would-be pawn.

I don't believe GGG has officially stated that it was Malachai (with the Beast/Nightmare's influence) that allowed him to bring back Piety and Dominus. But I believe it's fair to say that he was the mastermind behind their corruption and return. It is my personal canon that he used them as experiments to test the reach of his powers outside of Highgate mines.

Since I operate on the assumption Piety was revived by Malachai (or this is some twisted recreation, and her original body and mind are still dead - similar to Kaom and/or Daresso), I also assume that in his act of killing her before his final battle, all traces of her have now been permanently destroyed.

I also operate on the assumption that Piety chose to die. She killed herself. In her final death quote we can see that she grabs the broken off piece of Malachai's sceptre that is impaling her, and shoves herself down.

Piety was likely to die regardless, given her injury. But I believe she made a conscious decision to end her own suffering.

EDIT: I think if anyone is "brought back" in Act 5, it will be some one from the Vaal. We did have a mini-expansion for them, but outside of reaching Atziri and corrupted side-zones, not much of their lore has been explored.

What happened to Zerphi? Doryani? We know Atziri was inspired by Zerphi to seek eternal youth. And we know Doryani was to Atziri as Malachai was to Chitus.

It wouldn't surprise me if either of them show up some time later in our remaining 6 acts to go before GGG reach their fated 10 acts.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Oct 23, 2016, 2:16:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info