Why do traps lag/desync game?

Just did piercing truth and desynced for 4 secs. Did the map with traps before the boss (terrible map) and can feel it as well. Lab same crap. Anywhere there are traps the game doesnt work properly.

Why do traps break the game?
Last bumped on Oct 23, 2016, 1:55:05 PM
bad internet connction != desync
"
RandallPOE wrote:
bad internet connction != desync

I love how every time another complaint about desync/lag/FPS issues is added to the sea of complaints about it, the first post is invariably "Internet/PC bad."

Apparently everyone has a shitty ISP/PC and you can't possibly be the anomaly here. Ever heard the phrase "Fifty million Frenchmen can't be wrong?"
This is a buff™
Im on fios, i7, 16gig, ssd etc. Nothing else i was doing lagged, nor do i ever.

Im a beserker so i can warcry like every sec to heal. I was standing in a trap for all four secs (spikes are the worst offenders), taking damage because the server didnt see me move.

Whats weird is the warcry was healing me but the movement didnt work. So its not like a complete desync.

There is something wrong with traps.
Traps have very little to do with Internet latency. I play just fine until I do a trial run and the ones with the roomba type bots are way over the top laggy. I guess the coding of them requires extra time for all calculations.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Never lagged in any "trap filled place" like lab/trials etc. so its not the server.
I have 50-100 ping typically, yet, whenever I approach traps in lab it spikes to over 200.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info