Haven't played PoE for 2-3 years, what's new?

Greetings!

I used to play Path of Exile a long time ago, really enjoyed this game. But now I want to come back, I got really really bored of Diablo 2, I think that D2 is the perfect ARPG game, but the maps and monsters just got boring for me, so I want something new, something fresh. Tried Grim Dawn, but that game feels to be too young, no expansions, still a really good game, but I want to play Path of Exile.

So, what's new? What's up with the title beneath the Path of Exile logo, it says "Atlas of Worlds", is that some kind of new season or league? Is it permanent?

When I used to play, I remember playing some maps (there were some runestones that gave you some portals for these maps).

I remember this game as being half ARPG half trading simulator. No currency like gold or coins, just orbs like chaos orbs. I still remember buying lots and lots of exalted orbs for 30-32 chaos orbs, I even bought a chest armor with 6 link, with quite nice resistances and hp.

Please, feel free to respond, you can even share your interesting experiences in this game.
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2016, 8:23:17 AM
Exalted Orbs in the current League are like 65-60 Chaos a pop.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile#Expansions
Also, I remember this game having some loading and lagging issues, when i launched the game I had to wait 8 - 10 minutes for the game to start, I am not exaggerating, I stopwatched it, 8 minutes till the game started up.

Then there were the insane lag problems, when using Leap attack, the character could go out of sync, you were in one place at a moment and then mysteriously appear somewhere else, usually inside of a mob, which was too late, Hardcore was a gamble.

Are these problems fixed by now?
"
JakeCourtney wrote:

Are you for real? Before I left PoE I spent my Exalted orbs on items, they were 32 chaos orbs, if I were to keep them then I could make a fortune right now?

Pff... I'm not coming back, I can't live with that regret.

Edit: what league? Standard Softcore?
Last edited by M_A_M_M_O_T_H on Oct 22, 2016, 5:00:59 PM
"
M_A_M_M_O_T_H wrote:
Also, I remember this game having some loading and lagging issues, when i launched the game I had to wait 8 - 10 minutes for the game to start, I am not exaggerating, I stopwatched it, 8 minutes till the game started up.

Then there were the insane lag problems, when using Leap attack, the character could go out of sync, you were in one place at a moment and then mysteriously appear somewhere else, usually inside of a mob, which was too late, Hardcore was a gamble.

Are these problems fixed by now?

In this exact patch. Game has 0 lags. It can stutter when killing a lot of monsters in one hit, like 20+, but it isn't very noticeable.

In 2.3 they made the loading take way less time(here it is instant).

This patch they removed the disconnects, which was the only lag left in my machine. I don't disconnect in like 1 week already.

So the game runs smoothly, start fast. They can always brick it again in the future, though, but now it is with an awesome performance in MY server/machine. It can be different for others.

About content you need to read the patches. I'm not even older player, so just sharing my experience from last patches.
Sometimes...
Last edited by Crusader_of_Sorrow on Oct 22, 2016, 5:06:13 PM
I also took a break from the game some years ago and recently came back. I can tell you with no reservations that the game has improved in almost every way.From the back end issues to the actual gameplay it's leaps and bounds from what it was. My only gripe is the imbalance between life builds vs energy shield builds. I would highly recommend you give the game another go.
Last edited by Tyrrion on Oct 22, 2016, 5:45:41 PM
If you played on a potato where zones took 8 minutes to load loading times will be better but still, a potato will always perform like a potato, don't expect miracles.
"
M_A_M_M_O_T_H wrote:
"
JakeCourtney wrote:

Are you for real? Before I left PoE I spent my Exalted orbs on items, they were 32 chaos orbs, if I were to keep them then I could make a fortune right now?

Pff... I'm not coming back, I can't live with that regret.

Edit: what league? Standard Softcore?

Essence Temp League. Temp Leagues are the only thing you should be playing for that reason. Standard economy is a cesspool overload.
"
JakeCourtney wrote:

Essence Temp League. Temp Leagues are the only thing you should be playing for that reason. Standard economy is a cesspool overload.

Agreed. Temp leagues are the only thing that keep this game fresh enough for me and probably many others to keep playing and spending money. Having an entire economy reset and new system added every 3 months is a God send.
the game is now more frustrating , more rng gated , more nerfed , more "one shot" friendly,...less fun....
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info