Atlas going from Essence to Standard or do I have to grind again?

What about letting us choose for each individual map and giving us the one off option to have 3 atlas's overlaying on top of each other showing the progress each one has.

By this i mean the first atlas would be a new default untouched atlas which is what will be left after the merger.

Overlaid on top of this atlas we can then select what would have become the old standard atlas and the recently gained league atlas.

Switching between these 2 atlases we would then be able to click and select all the maps we want to transfer onto what will be our new standard atlas. Once we've selected all the ones we want per overlaid atlas we then press an 'apply' button and presto changeo what we've selected gets overwritten to the new standard atlas.

Wouldn't this solve the majority of everyone's problems?
I hope it transfers over to standard (well whichever has more progress is kept) because i really don't want to pay 10+ ex for a perandus manor in standard when I already paid 5 ex for it in essence league.
My bet is atlas with more unlocks gets kept.
Like how the hideout with more decorations gets kept.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
mucker wrote:
My bet is atlas with more unlocks gets kept.
Like how the hideout with more decorations gets kept.

Really hope so. I have not touched my non league characters, at all. I got my anarchy league witch (faitly hihg level but now has bad gear and a full respec if I ever want to use her again), and a talisman scion (never got around to finish her, as back then POE had very bad performance, with constant mini freezes and lags). All my POE progress is now basically in Essence.

If it does not carry over, I can safely say I will continue to not touch standard at all, waiting for a new league to start.
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Oct 24, 2016, 6:39:49 AM
My bet is that it won't transfer at all at first. GGG hasn't been very good about transferring challenge league progress to Standard (uber lab/trial unlocks don't transfer, which leaves characters with all 8 ascendancy points unable to do uber lab all of a sudden).

However, once the community gets angry enough and makes enough threads about it here and on Reddit, they'll make some kind of compromise system. It'll probably give you a choice to have either your standard atlas or your league atlas.
No way they will attempt user choice it would create major headaches for them. One person will say they were on vacation and a month later complain. Another will want individual map choices. It would never end with the whiny entitled things would want.

They should just retain the most completed Atlas and tell people to get over it.
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
Mr_Bill wrote:
No way they will attempt user choice it would create major headaches for them. One person will say they were on vacation and a month later complain. Another will want individual map choices. It would never end with the whiny entitled things would want.

They should just retain the most completed Atlas and tell people to get over it.

this
I think for the masses, retaining the atlas with the most completed out of all should make the most sense. With a near completed atlas, the map drop rates are so high, there's really no need to "avoid" certain maps to farm selective maps. Also, those who do try to farm selective maps are in the minority. I think the majority would be unhappy with having to go and redo all the uniques, t1-t10 maps for the completion.
I for one would be very angry if my standard atlas would be overwritten by Essence atlas. My standard atlas is 119, I think, and my Essence atlas is 20!
I started Essence in oktober, just because my brother wanted to play a fresh league and was returning to the game after 2 years.
I am pretty sure i would quit playing POE for good if my Essence atlas would carry over!

OFFTOPIC;

I myself dont see how "fresh league" argument is valid in any way. Ex to chaos ratio is same shit, the only difference I notice, is, I dont have any chaos orbs to trade for ex. Item prices are mostly the same for popular items. Maps do not drop, no items/currency to try out new builds....

I still havent reached one guardian in standard with 119% atlas and i am pretty sure I will not reach them in Essence.

When i saw I needed lvl 7 master to remove a crafted mod, I thought i would vomit in my mouth (seriously GGG!, lvl 7 master to remove a trash master mod from that 1 solid ring I dropped and crafted +24 mana on it (had nothing else to craft on the ring atm), GTFO!)

At least in standard I dont feel like a homeless guy. And still took a break from the game, because the XP nerf was too much.

Have you asked yourself why Essence league feels like a ghost town?

When nolifers complain about xp nerf and refuse to level past 95, you should reconsider your bullshit philosophy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1762818/page/3

Take a look at my post on this page. It would not be very hard to do an OR operation on your atlas completion.
I.e. STD.atlas(i).complete = STD.atlas(i).complete OR ESC.atlas(i).complete

Basically for each map you would get completion if it was complete in either league at the time of the merge.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info