Atlas going from Essence to Standard or do I have to grind again?

Hello,

does anyone know if the Atlas goes to Standard after League ends or if I have to grind there again?

Thanks!
Last bumped on Nov 5, 2016, 2:38:41 PM
They haven't indicated.

There's some problems to overcome... like what if you have shaped different maps on the different leagues? What about maps that have had sextants applied to them? What about people who have strategically avoided completing certain maps on one league and not on others?

There's probably even more problems that I haven't even listed here. If they have this planned out, they really need to post it.
Thank you for the reply...

I just finished stuff in league, got complete Atlas and thought maybe try something out on some old characters in Standard and was pretty shocked... Just wanted to buy some corrupted boss kills so I dont have to do the grinding all over again... In league a corrupted guardian kill (not your own map) costs around 4-6 Chaos... In standard ist 10c plus your own map (which is 40 Chaos plus - in League somehtin around 18c for a tier 16). Thats pretty crazy.

Well so back to grinding in down time I guess :(
"
moonilein wrote:
Thank you for the reply...

I just finished stuff in league, got complete Atlas and thought maybe try something out on some old characters in Standard and was pretty shocked... Just wanted to buy some corrupted boss kills so I dont have to do the grinding all over again... In league a corrupted guardian kill (not your own map) costs around 4-6 Chaos... In standard ist 10c plus your own map (which is 40 Chaos plus - in League somehtin around 18c for a tier 16). Thats pretty crazy.

Well so back to grinding in down time I guess :(

Dont look at the prices for perandus manor then :)

Ive grind both essence and standard to 126/126 and i shaped different maps on standard after i had experienced the atlas on league so ill be very pissed if its overwritten.

Are they going to refund me my sextants from places like vinktars, vaal temple etc etc.

For these reasons along im pretty confident that no you will have to grind it out again on standard again.
From a continuity standpoint, it needs to be transferred over if your progress is higher.

It's an exceptionally poor gameplay experience to dump level 90+ league characters into an empty standard atlas. A lot of more casual playtime players who started off in essence would probably sooner quit poe altogether than spend a week redoing no challenge/no reward white and yellow maps.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They haven't indicated.

There's some problems to overcome... like what if you have shaped different maps on the different leagues? What about maps that have had sextants applied to them? What about people who have strategically avoided completing certain maps on one league and not on others?

There's probably even more problems that I haven't even listed here. If they have this planned out, they really need to post it.

1. Rollover ignores shaper orbs. Once Essence ends, progress is carried over, but a player will need to complete the maps that give them shaper orbs (though they still get credit for the map, but will have to do it again to receive the orb).

2. Sextant mods are lost.

3. Deal with it.

Yeah, so hard to make this one work. If GGG doesn't roll them over, then they are doing so because they want players to grind. Thing about life is it's always complex and very little is "easy" but that's why we have big brains and junk.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
stormyknight wrote:
For these reasons along im pretty confident that no you will have to grind it out again on standard again.

^

edit: If temp league Atlas overwrites perm league then that's a massive disincentive to temp leagues.

Say I finish or near finish my perm league Atlas and then put a lot of work into the crafting side so everything is how I want it (shaping/sextant mods/maps sealed), as you would do in a perm league environment. Overwrites would mean never finishing a temp league Atlas again.

The only situation I can see it would be alright is if you've no Atlas in perm.
We tested it extensively
Last edited by Icholas on Oct 23, 2016, 2:00:43 AM
I hope they will allow to choose which one you can carry over, if you do so the shaper orbs of whatever atlas you didnt choose will get deleted

but most likely you will have to grind std atlas from scratch
Last edited by epancake on Oct 23, 2016, 5:02:32 AM
Two posters have mentioned "progress". I wonder if they could define that.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Perhaps the best way is to make people choose between the two. Say when they log in to Standard and open the Atlas, they have a once-off option to replace it with the league Atlas.

Any other option will make some group of people unhappy.

Exactly what I was thinking as well.
The easiest solution and works for everyone, just like the passive reset every league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info