Cast on stun... when immune to stuns?

Does it still work if the blow would have stunned you without immunity, or does stun immunity make CoS worthless? Trying to decide if I should switch to cast on damage.

Thanks.
Last bumped on Oct 22, 2016, 2:51:10 PM
No stun - no cast, so cast on stun won't trigger when stun avoidance and stun immunity do. It does trigger on stun ignore and avoid flinch but you can't stack those high enough to be reliable.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
you can't stack those high enough to be reliable.

85% chance to ignore stun while casting is pretty reliable in my experience. I leveled a CI Occultist to 90 and completed most of the end-game content in (albeit SC) prophecy: killed Atziri, did twinned maps challenge, killed pale council, completed Uber Lab, etc... My only stun mitigation on that character was the 85% "avoid flinch" from the tree, and maybe some incidental base life from str or gear or something.

The only time it was an issue was if an enemy's attack lasted after they died. (I once died to malformation Piety's circle thing - I could stand inside it and kill her no problems, but after she died I couldn't move out of it!)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
raics wrote:
you can't stack those high enough to be reliable.

85% chance to ignore stun while casting is pretty reliable in my experience. I leveled a CI Occultist to 90 and completed most of the end-game content in (albeit SC) prophecy: killed Atziri, did twinned maps challenge, killed pale council, completed Uber Lab, etc... My only stun mitigation on that character was the 85% "avoid flinch" from the tree, and maybe some incidental base life from str or gear or something.

Ah, right, forgot about some nodes, it's a valid option then :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info