PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Hexproof & Life Regen

Hexproof & Life Regen rares are some of the toughest mobs I've faced in Essence League. In fact some are impossible to kill. No Boss I've fought has been as hard to deal with. Rares tougher (& on occasion virtually immortal) than Bosses? Really?
Last bumped on Oct 22, 2016, 4:34:32 PM
Rares' abilities determined by RNG by default may give a build a very hard time. The game isn't built to read your passive and active abilities and adjust mob mods accordingly. So it makes sense that a certain combination may be particularly deadly. Some essence mobs in very easy maps have been nearly unkillable by my flameblaster who has cleared all content except Uber Atziri, Chimera, and Shaper.

Shit happens. Skip it.
I wanted to but the rare had an 'Inner Treasure' Mod lol.
GGG is like Fox News that claims to be "fair and balanced". PoE and Fox News are as far away from fair and balanced as possible. It's been this way forever.

For example, I seem to be getting a few more lower level tier maps (3-8) on my level 89 exile (which is good) but still not getting any 10+ map drops so nothing fair and balanced here.

So a rare can be hexproof and have enough life regen to offset the DPS and thus can never be killed. Typical GGG coding and their warped view of "working as intended". Get good or get out is the comment I see most of the time (usually stated crudely "git gud or git out"). Granted a shitty build should never work but most of us struggle with very good builds and hexproof rares.

The 4 Atlas guardians are stellar examples of how immunities to certain types of damage can make it impossible for many builds to defeat them. Only thing I have to say about them is since the atlas is gating map drops I'll never ever progress that far and thus won't have to bitch at GGG for making them for the 1% top player builds. So much for build diversity. And no, the talk on one of the Lioneye's Watch Podcast is that we'll need multiple builds to defeat all 4 guardians. Is GGG fricken insane about this? Since there are elite players that do Shaper runs (many times through for farming top uniques and maps) then GGG sees the content difficulty bar as "just right" since there are a few no-life players that can defeat them but wow. Great for them, not great for the 99% that think GGG has gone off the rails in coding PoE to be PoED (Path of Exile Destruction).

Ok, so don't get me wrong. For GGG to code PoE at the top end is great to keep the top players content challenged for their playing happiness but then GGG does nothing to make the rest of us happy. Just ever higher content difficulty every 3 months is just wrong. In addition to GGG taking PoE vertically (harder top end content) they also need to code horizontally (other non-uber hard content) for the rest of us. Ascendancy was a step in the right direction unfortunately then GGG screwed up the Izaro boss fight difficulty (more vertical difficulty) and thus over-leveling our exile by 10+ levels is the norm for defeating him. I wonder if GGG is capable of creative thinking and making boss fights that are not just gear checks and life one-shot death traps?

I sure hope GGG can reboot/rebalance PoE for act 5 in such a way that speed is cut in half (PoE should never be a twitch shooter) and reward skillful playing over just move and kill uber fast and you live. The fastest builds should not be the only endgame viable ones and the only ones able to get to the endgame content (read this as roll back the xp nerfs and red map drop nerfs).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Oct 22, 2016, 11:04:22 AM
You can use a lvl 1 Frost Bomb to negate the regen. It doesn't count as a curse.
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction
Making regen rares actually good is a stealth-buff to Frost Bomb.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
I think general character issues may account for your problem with these mobs. Not trying to simply say "get gud noob" but looking at your essence characters, you higher level one is using crown of eyes for... what exactly? You have no spell damage on the tree so I doubt it helps you at all unless I am missing something. Secondly, your tree for that character looks heavily defense and utility invested and no real damage focus at all. You have some ele damage and cold damage sure but it just looks... thin should I say?

Same rules apply for your lower level essence character. Seems to be all defense focus and little offensive focus in the tree so far. You are going to indeed have trouble with killing mobs with life regen in both cases if you don't improve somehow.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
Arrowneous wrote:
So a rare can be hexproof and have enough life regen to offset the DPS and thus can never be killed.

It can be killed, you just gotta have the right tools. Being able to bypass Hexproof could be enough, or maybe the Occultist (Witch or Scion) could reduce Regen enough to get the kill in. Frost Bomb should be enough in any given case, really.

It's the same deal with for example Map mods - a CI build is always going to have a hard time with Blood Magic maps. That doesn't make Blood Magic maps impossible, though; a different character could have zero issues with it.

And, if you want to complain about irrelevant things, maybe make a thread of your own about it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info