Is this quiver better than Drillneck? Could also use some pointers please.

Rarity: Rare
Brood Stinger
Broadhead Arrow Quiver
--------
Requirements:
Level: 48
--------
Item Level: 62
--------
Adds 6 to 12 Physical Damage to Attacks with Bows
--------
Adds 6 to 9 Physical Damage to Attacks
33% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
22% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
+29% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+6 to maximum Life
+12% to Lightning Resistance

Its tough for me to say for sure because I just started playing again this season, and I'm using Lifting's Doomfletch's Prism LA build, so my tooltip isn't accurate. With this quiver my lightning arrow goes from 3464.2 to 3705.2, and blast rain goes from 6950.6 to 7518.3 dps.

I lose about 110 life, but if my tooltip dps goes up that much, it seams like I should be getting even more since I use doomfletch. However, I also dont know how much that projectile dmg is adding from drillneck, if its just a flat 10% and if thats even showing up in the tooltip either.

Any help would be greatly appretiated.

On a side note, had my luckiest day ever playing PoE today. Was trying to 5 link my doomfletch and got 6 link after about 60 fusings! Now I'm trying to squeeze the most out of the build with what little I can afford, which is about 1 ex and 70 chaos in the bank)

Any tips you pros can point out to up my dmg or survival would help, like if you spot any obvious mistakes with my skills or gearing (like I wasted a bunch of chaos on +lightning dmg jewels that dropped my dps). I'm currently running 10-13 maps but die every 3-4 bars of xp.
Last bumped on Oct 25, 2016, 8:32:36 AM
hey,
when i was running a full mirrored gear with spirit hail as quiver, if i am running pierce node and pierce gem (split arrow+pierce crit build), drillneck was giving me as much dps as spirit hail,

sara
on my LA / barrage setup perfect drillneck with 100% pierce is just 10-15%% less stronger than mirrored quivers. (skalpo's)

if drillneck was a crafted rare, and therefore would be very rare, it would worth at least 100-110ex.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Oct 24, 2016, 5:06:18 AM

the best known life base (from my experience) +1 leg multi quiver,
just 3-4% stronger than perfect drillneck +1. i had 300ex offer for this in the past. imagine how good drillneck is.

ofc, i use this quiver for a non 100% pierce build which makes big difference.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Oct 24, 2016, 5:09:43 AM
Does the added damage from "Projectile damage increased by pierce chance" work on a 1 to 1 ratio? So 100 % pierce = +100% damage? and if so, does that apply to all damage?

Also, does this damage display correctly in the tooltip?

Just wondering why I take a noticeable dps decrease when I use the drillneck. I assume its because I only have 10% chance to pierce from the drillneck itself. If so I should probably keep using my quiver for now.

I wonder why Lifting doesn't get any of the pierce nodes in his build if its that strong.

Here is the link to the skill tree I'm using:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeBS0FtQYjCC4NjREvEvEWvxcmGY4hdiPTI_Yk_SaVKgstTS5TL3IwfDH6MgE2PTfUOdQ-z0MxR35KfUz_TZJOKlFHVUtVhVoaW69d8mHiYetirGVNZ6BrkGyMbWxwUnTtdct1_Xb3elN6hHrvexR9da_rfyuEb4bOh3aJ04rwjAuMNo19jX6Nv49gm7WExZsmm42dqqCfoaSjiqXLKjin1LCrshm1SLe2uXy74702vea-p8EzwzPEgsSiwzrPetNv037UI9RCIuraweHb45_nVOjW6UbqYutj7LDtP-2D7g7vevzF_rr-yP_e0K1B0Od0

Here is the build guide itself:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1597496/page/1

Thanks again for the replies, I can see how this would be much better if using pierce nodes.
hi,
your damage come from the pierce chance converted to projectile damage with drillneck. If you are using pierce nodes, pierce gem and drillneck you should have around 100% pierce chance so 100% increase projectile damage. Note that you cannot have more than 100%.

What we are telling you is that 100% increased projectile damage in on pair with 35% crit chance and 70% crit mult.

The main point is that it requires 100% pierce chance to work out

sara
In case of Drillneck:

You can use Quartz flask with VoidWalker boots to have similar effect to Pierce-Gem + 4 Pierce nodes. Saves up points and gem slot at the cost of survivability from boots and one flask slot.

(personally i think they are way better than Atziri's Step)
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
do the voidwalker actually work with drillneck, since the tornadoshot pierce and the deadeye pierce dont

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info