Is this a bug or intended? Bandits

So I died to Kraityn, in a party of two but the other party member was not there at the time, he was in town. He then came to help, however I could not attack nor speak to Kraityn in order to attempt him again. He was back on full life.

I am pretty sure my party member also tried to speak to him. He had already killed him previously.

Making a new map reset everything and worked correctly the second time around, with my party member assisting in the kill.

I just found it odd that I could not reattempt to kill him without starting a fresh map?
Last edited by maxwolfie on Oct 22, 2016, 12:32:16 AM
Last bumped on Oct 22, 2016, 11:44:07 AM
It is annoying but working as intended as far as GGG is concerned. It is pretty much why everybody does bandits solo since open beta. HC bandit pking was so brutal that nobody could be trusted anymore. I remember reading stories of close friends screwing each other over just for a quick giggle. GGG kept it as is and people learned.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
It is annoying but working as intended as far as GGG is concerned. It is pretty much why everybody does bandits solo since open beta. HC bandit pking was so brutal that nobody could be trusted anymore. I remember reading stories of close friends screwing each other over just for a quick giggle. GGG kept it as is and people learned.
LOL you didn't even read a word of the post. This post is NOT about PKing at bandits... If you're not even going to read the first post shut up and keep going, don't write an answer to a question that has not been asked. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Ethan_GGG on Oct 22, 2016, 5:23:55 AM
Bandit lords (and ladies) being back to full health after dying or abandoning the fight is working as intended. The other issue - the last time I did the bandit quest in a group and someone died (or left) was, uh, in closed beta, I think. So I remember this being an issue and, if I remember correctly, the position of the portal mattered. I'm not sure, though which one it was: having the portal inside the arena or outside for triggering the dialogue again. So whichever you did, I'd suggest trying the other one if you run into this problem again. :-D
Last edited by Alysma on Oct 22, 2016, 4:55:17 AM
"
Aerinx wrote:
"
LOL you didn't even read a word of the post. This post is NOT about PKing at bandits... If you're not even going to read the first post shut up and keep going, don't write an answer to a question that has not been asked. [Removed by Support]

I'll admit I skimmed through the question too much as it was getting late for me and was heading to bed soon afterwards. The general point still stands that doing bandits in groups is simply a pain in the ass regardless of the context. Just do them alone and then go back to the same instances and move on. The problem the OP described and Alysma pointed out being buggish since closed beta seems to be a byproduct of the bandit system involving the portal that probably simply isn't fixable if it is still a problem.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info