[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

1) Alright one of the biggest things that you need to change is you need to change your skill tree. The top left "Avatar of fire" gimps your damage output MASSIVELY. Get rid of that ASAP and follow the Abbereth's hooves Skill tree that he recommends. (i know you dont have the boots, its not a big deal).

2) Swap your 6% ignite mokou embrace for a STR/LIFE/RES ring -- 70 max life + 2 Resistances (40% total) Cost is max 1-2C.

"
http://poe.trade/search/bataniyatokiki

3) Your gloves only give you +51 life and 44% lightning resistance. That's garbage. You can get 80 life and 2 res / 40% total starting at 1-2C.
"
http://poe.trade/search/aihimesaranomo

4) Level 1 CWDT = "This gem can only support skill gems requiring level 38 or lower" --- You have a lvl 16 arctic armour gem connected to a LVL 1 CWDT gem. Artic Armour is not being used, it can not cast. You also have other spell gems that are level 1 but they could be leveled up higher (up to requiring lvl 38 or they might stop at 36/37 and jump to 40. Dont max them higher. Read.

5) Flasks: Quicksilver + Silver/Basalt. Basalt for bosses - Silver for farming. Make sure one of them has remove bleed. DEODRE'S ELIXIR GREATER MANA FLASK --- because you have "Cloaked in savagery" ascendency point and If you have -50% chaos res (-60% is default) everytime you use Deodre's elixir you'll take 15% of your life in damage. This causes all your lvl 1 CWDT spells to go off and the ascendency point allows you to life steal 100% of that damage. Its only 1c and it is amazing. buy it. (also, dont buy any chaos res items or it wont work)

6) BETTER CWDT SETUPS. I highly recommend my Glove gem setup for huge AOE IGNITING (its incredible) and my body armor setup. Since you just have a 5Link drop the firepenetration and use everything else. This build is for AFK running through mobs / sitting on bosses and them dying. You don't need an active gem setup. In your boots / helmet put a lvl 1 CWDT + any spell gems. But you need 1 high level CWDT setup. eventually lvl 20 CWDT + lvl 20 spells gems. Ill link mine for an example.

7) If you wanted to make a ghetto Abbereth's hooves / AURA build. You can buy any white 4L ALL BLUE SOCKET boots ROLL IT with a

A screaming essence of greed is on the market for 1 Alch. I bought these next boots for 1 alch. So for less than 1 chaos i have a 4L 4 Blue socket boots with 70+ HP and i can still craft any RES / STAT i need on it. Put in those 4 gems and youll be blowin up shit all day and still have enough mana to use whirling blades for movement

Or just get any 4L boots w/ LIFE/STR/RES with a CWDT + Spells. This is a long mess, hope it helps.
Last edited by Kojak_The_Invincible on Jun 23, 2017, 6:34:40 AM
@Kojak:

Why do you have a Fire Penetration gem in your chest setup? That really doesn't do anything, since the spells it's linked to are low lvl and barely do any damage. Instead put in Increased Duration. This will make your firestorm and phase run last longer. Longer firestorm = more stacks = more ignites = more life gained, and more damage.

Also, I suggest replacing Bladefall with Blade Vortex. Linked with increased duration you'll always have a couple stacks of blade vortex up, this makes it a lot easier to proc burns, and cwdts when running through mob packs, since blade vortex will hit and ignite all mobs around you. Bladefall is just a weaker utility version of Firestorm in that Bladefall only hits once in an area, whilst Firestorm hit's multiple times in that same area. Remember that all low lvl cwdt's are for utility only, that is, proccing as many ignites as possible.

Cheers!
Thanks I self cast Arctic Armour for the survival. It's an aura anyways. But I guess is not needed? I also have like 0 armour. My physical mitigation is at 5%. Should I be looking for more armour or doesn't matter?

I also self cast BV right now. Do you not have any self casts?

I'll do the rest and I'll spec out of AOF once I get a better scepter. Thanks!!

Just reached 6k life. I can see myself with 7k-8k life with a better life ring, glove and a few levels. I'm wrecking merc lab but got 1 shotted by last phase izaro. I can face tnak argus all day at 5k hp.

Weird thing, sometimes I don't leech enough if there's alot of mobs. Like I would whirl into a pack of 20-30 mobs and die in 1-2 secs. I'll do the ball lightning and maybe my leech will be better.

How should my defenses be? Max fire, cold and lightning resist and 0 armour?
Last edited by BiggestNoobEver on Jun 23, 2017, 4:27:46 PM
"
Thanks I self cast Arctic Armour for the survival. It's an aura anyways. But I guess is not needed? I also have like 0 armour. My physical mitigation is at 5%. Should I be looking for more armour or doesn't matter?

I also self cast BV right now. Do you not have any self casts?

I'll do the rest and I'll spec out of AOF once I get a better scepter. Thanks!!

Just reached 6k life. I can see myself with 7k-8k life with a better life ring, glove and a few levels. I'm wrecking merc lab but got 1 shotted by last phase izaro. I can face tnak argus all day at 5k hp.

Weird thing, sometimes I don't leech enough if there's alot of mobs. Like I would whirl into a pack of 20-30 mobs and die in 1-2 secs. I'll do the ball lightning and maybe my leech will be better.

How should my defenses be? Max fire, cold and lightning resist and 0 armour?

Arctic armour is only works when you're not moving. Since this build involves around moving, it's not optimal. Can be good when doing AFK boss killing though. Fortify has better damage reduction, and works while moving, so I suggest sticking to that. Though tbh, I've never used it for map bosses because of the high HP pool.

Amour is not needed, we're not scaling it on the tree, so it's useless. Moreover, Armor only reduces damage from small hits, not big hits. Small hits can't kill us, so no need for armor. Defences should be maxed fire/cold/lightning res, and -60 chaos res. Also, keep that bleed immune flask active all the time! Bleed will kill you! It's also just about the only thing that can kill you :-)

There's actually a cheap (about 1c in Legacy) solution to replacing AOF without needing fire damage to spells on sceptre:

This ring add fire damage to spells, increases ignite chance, and gives us life on every ignite. It's pretty awesome! So if you can figur out your resists, this is a cheap solution, which even makes you more tanky due to more life gain on ignite. Remember, more ignites = more life gained from Razor, and more damage from fire burst procs.

You really don't NEED a self cast setup, but it can be helpfull. For reference I tried clearing T11 Shaped Strand with a similar setup as yours. Ngamahu's sign + No fire damage to spells sceptre + no Abberath's. See gear and links below. Map clear was pretty good, didn't need to self cast anything. But, you do need that Doedre's Elixer to get all procs starting when entering a pack of mobs to speed things up. Or you could wait for them to hit you, but that takes longer. Only self cast I took with me was a lvl7 ball lightning, but never needed it.

If you do want a clearing setup, I suggest checking the OP's video on clearing setups:
https://youtu.be/ZmwuNrcwsHQ

Also, please get better gloves. Life + Tri-res ones shouldn't be that expensive. This would allow you to equip Ngamahu's Sighn, Spec out of AOF, and get free skill points to spent on life. Allthough at the time of writing this, there's also a fire burst scpetre WITH fire damage to spells for sale for just 20c. I'd get that if I were you.
any clue if this is viable in 3.0 or its a dead end?
Hey,

is it correct, that this build is only playable in standard, essence + legacy league, because u obviously need essence of hysteria?

Is there another way to heal up after big hits, sth u can replace the lvl 20 fire burst proc + 50% chance to ignite on helmet?

Or more generally: Is there a way to have an "afk" build without essence of hysteria?

Edit1:

Just answered my question myself. Read "Kilsum"'s posts on page 4 for a set up without essence of hysteria.

Edit2:

I would like to use cyclone as only active attack/spell. Does it work? Will AoF or the ngahamu ring turn cyclone into fire dmg thus proccing ignites?
Last edited by majesthro on Jun 26, 2017, 12:39:53 PM
awesome build I would like to try! But maybe I am looking at the wrong places, but where is the more expensive / higher gear (AFK GONE META) build?
"
intered14 wrote:
awesome build I would like to try! But maybe I am looking at the wrong places, but where is the more expensive / higher gear (AFK GONE META) build?

The expensive build is right under the normal build in the OP. You have to click on the spoiler. It's basically the same thing but you use abberath's boot + emberwake with taming rings. The Emberwake + taming is mostly for boss fight anyways. Clearing, 2x mokou is still superior. The expensive part is the taming and aberath.

The tree is the same but you don't take AOF or the extra duration nodes. Instead you go for whispering doom for the extra curse and moar life. TBH, cheap or expensive build should be following this skill tree.

"
Celeschil wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but will this build be 3.0 viable? Seems like a lot of the damage comes from double dipping.

"
any clue if this is viable in 3.0 or its a dead end?

As for whether this is still viable in 3.0 I think so. So far the only changes I see that affect us is the ignite change. But we do not kill with ignites. Our kill skill is the level 20 fire burst. I could be wrong but so far, everything looks to be the same. I don't know how the ignite changes will be, it could be a buff or a nerf but the damage from ignite is so minuscule, it doesn't even matter. Especially if you're going for emberwake + taming build. Emberwake = 80% less ignite damage.

I would like to thank the creators and everyone who helped me with this build. I just solo'D merc lab EASY!! I think the biggest difference I made in my build is that now I have max fire resist. I think before I was burning myself to death. Now with max fire resist, I feel immortal. The more mobs the merrier.

I still have a question. For end game, how much is a good amount of life? I currently have 6.1k with ngamahu ring. With life ring I get 6.4k. I can maybe see myself with 7k in the future but not more than that. Is 6-7k enough to afk the end game bosses? Of course there are certain bosses like Izaro who you can't ever afk. But for the others is 6-7k enough?

And how important is that 2nd curse? I'm using flammability. I'm still deciding if I want whispers of doom or more life.

I still don't understand how people are getting tens of thousands in tooltip dps. I'm still in the hundreds. My fire burst is only at 7k. How are people getting BV/spark/incinerate/etc to 25k?

Thanks!!!
Last edited by BiggestNoobEver on Jun 26, 2017, 8:46:08 PM
"

As for whether this is still viable in 3.0 I think so. So far the only changes I see that affect us is the ignite change. But we do not kill with ignites. Our kill skill is the level 20 fire burst. I could be wrong but so far, everything looks to be the same. I don't know how the ignite changes will be, it could be a buff or a nerf but the damage from ignite is so minuscule, it doesn't even matter. Especially if you're going for emberwake + taming build. Emberwake = 80% less ignite damage.

I would like to thank the creators and everyone who helped me with this build. I just solo'D merc lab EASY!! I think the biggest difference I made in my build is that now I have max fire resist. I think before I was burning myself to death. Now with max fire resist, I feel immortal. The more mobs the merrier.

I still have a question. For end game, how much is a good amount of life? I currently have 6.1k with ngamahu ring. With life ring I get 6.4k. I can maybe see myself with 7k in the future but not more than that. Is 6-7k enough to afk the end game bosses? Of course there are certain bosses like Izaro who you can't ever afk. But for the others is 6-7k enough?

And how important is that 2nd curse? I'm using flammability. I'm still deciding if I want whispers of doom or more life.

I still don't understand how people are getting tens of thousands in tooltip dps. I'm still in the hundreds. My fire burst is only at 7k. How are people getting BV/spark/incinerate/etc to 25k?

Thanks!!!

For anyone wondering if the build is still viable in 3.0, take the aoe gem in your fire burst sceptre, and replace it with Elemental Focus. There, no more ignites from Fire Burst. This is worst case scenario, since you will still be able to ignite, just not as high as currently. Tested this in T15, and clear speed is still ok, but not as fast as with ignite. Due to the current mechanics of double dipping, the ignite damage on fire burst is quite substantial, and it gets proliferated by Abberaths. Often killing an entire pack with just a single fire burst proc.

I'd say 6-7k is cutting it close for afk-ing bosses, that is, no flasks/fortify. For afk you can always switch gear. Ammy with life, and mokou's for higher life items, since they're not needed in afk. But if you're going for lvl 90+, you'll easily be getting close to, or over 8k life, especially if you're not wearing Abberath's Hooves.

As for 2nd curse, it's a huge damage boost. Pick whatever your build currently needs. Keep dying? Get life first. Feel Immortal? Get 2nd curse.

My fire burst is also between 7-8k, so nothing crazy about that. As for those high 25k number, I assume they're using a dedicated 6L setup for that. Which you can do ofc, but really isn't needed.
Last edited by Fritso on Jun 27, 2017, 5:20:28 AM
Is the dmg high enough if u don't have the lvl 20 fire burst proc?

If a spell or attack is turned into 50% fire dmg via Avatar of fire, does it have a higher chance to ignite enemies than an attack or spell which does additionally,e.g., 3-5 fire dmg via an item like ngahamu ring (but doesn't have AoF)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info