[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
"
SoundwaveOiA wrote:
Edit: the setup in the chest is: CWDTlvl1+inc duration+phase run+blade vortex+glacial cascade+chance to ignite

I can envision the synergy between this gem set up with abberath's hooves, together with taming/emberwake and eye of innocence. Now if we have blade vortex on the chest armour, then what would be the best replacement for the BV in the helm?

I'm thinking of going this route as I just don't see me getting a BBBBGG combo on belly of the beast.

I just switched to this and it's amazing. You just walk around and everything dies.

I havn't nailed down quite what to put in the boots though to boost Abberath's Fury. Controlled Destruction and increased Area of Effect are a shoe in. Fire pen, Added Fire, Anger Aura...no idea what's best.

Also...does the Fireburst proc from the sceptre require a active skill or does it proc off of CWDT? Honestly never noticed it. I'm hoping / thinking Abberath's Fury counts as a "hit". If so, this definately makes Anger aura viable as a slot in the boots. That leaves the fourth slot. CHance to ignite vs added fire damage....

RIght now I have it as BBRG and use Added Cold. Not ideal at all but ran out of chromes.

I'm sorry not having it on first page, but it's still in the beta testing. It is close to on the level of release to the big masses, just some minor adjustments left. I have tested loads of things on abberath's hooves and these are my thoughts.

Setup 1
Anger in other gear slot and also blasphemy+lvl20Q20 flammability and also lvl10 elemental weakness on hit on gloves.
In abberaths:
inc aoe+controlled destr+added lightning+ added cold
Decent as it can kill of weak survivours after fireburst has killed the whole pack. Not worth the expense on the gloves though.

Setup 2
Anger in other gear slot and also blasphemy+lvl20Q20 flammability and also lvl10 elemental weakness on hit on gloves.
In abberaths:
inc aoe+change to ignite+inc. critical strikes+added cold/blid
Works pretty well, a bit laggy. Still expensive gloves with ele weakness.

Setup 3
Then I did BBBB with 1k chroms, which I find a waste of currency.
I ran anger in other gear slot and dropped my ele weakness gloves.
In abberath's:
Inc aoe+curse on hit+lvl20 flammability+lvl20 elemental weakness.
Too low aoe after the aoe nerf on the curses, not recommended. Also 1k burnt chroms.

Setup 4
Then I did get a sceptre with added fire damage to spells crafted on it from catarina, dropped anger.
In abberath's:
blasphemy+inc. aoe+ele weakness lvl20q20 and flammability lvl20q20.

------------------
As for fire burst, it activates on every 10 of all hits you do, including cwdt, abberath's fury and attacks. Though it has a 0.5 second cooldown.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
Last edited by ChrispieD on Mar 21, 2017, 10:42:35 AM
"
Daiichi wrote:

Viable in this build?

Useless. It ruins all phys spells for those not running avatar of fire. And we need no leech with our attacks as we damage with spells.
Last edited by ChrispieD on Mar 21, 2017, 10:44:07 AM
"
ChrispieD wrote:
"
Daiichi wrote:

Viable in this build?

Useless. It ruins all phys spells for those not running avatar of fire. And we need no leech with our attacks as we damage with spells.

For spell casters, it's viable only if they use physical spells (BV, etc) an want to run physreflect map without risk. "No physical damage" = no reflect.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Iblisx wrote:
i managed to get a pretty sweet craft id say :D Just wanted to show the luck :p

Nice one!

Tried to get as high life as possible and got this1 after some tries :). In so many eyes my helmet is pure pice of crap, but for me its an 87 life helmet, which is all I wanted as resistances are covered.
Last edited by ChrispieD on Mar 21, 2017, 10:54:30 AM
"
ChrispieD wrote:
"
"
SoundwaveOiA wrote:
Edit: the setup in the chest is: CWDTlvl1+inc duration+phase run+blade vortex+glacial cascade+chance to ignite

Setup 4
Then I did get a sceptre with added fire damage to spells crafted on it from catarina, dropped anger.
In abberath's:
blasphemy+inc. aoe+ele weakness lvl20q20 and flammability lvl20q20.

Tried your testing build with setup 4. But i put the 4b in gloves for easier colours. The proc with abberath hooves works for packs, but on single rares or bosses not that well. I saw the test setup with vaal rightous fire in chest, which can melt single phase bosses (like the stampede build uses). Was only running active setup in chest with incinerate just in case...
Is that setup with vaal righteous fire good enough in your opinion to kill single targets, or better run active one?

Vaal molten shell is pretty fun while you are running in a breach, just a huge trail of explosions :D

Will test the cwdt setup in chest too the next days, but i think it will suffer single target...

Got this one on first try. will do some more soon :)

This build is hilarious. Glad that it exists. Guide helped me a lot :)
Last edited by DarkerTimes on Mar 21, 2017, 4:51:20 PM
Why is it giving me a blank post....

Anyways, ya that's my issue as well. Single target DPS is bad. AOE is fantastic.

And I'm still wondering WHICH pieces to use what gems. I don't think we can give up a high level CWDT set up or the low level set ups which leaves scepters and the boots.

And I jsut blew 35 chaos rerolling a scepter for flat added fire dmg to spells lol. back to the grind.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Mar 21, 2017, 1:47:00 PM
got eeeet!

nother edit: single target dps blows ass. Beginning to be very concerned this is a waste of time.
Should I ditch my gloves
which have HIGH level CWDT in favor of low level?
Anyone got 1200 chrome for my exalt? no ones selling chrome really : / and poe.trade makes no sense. ( a stack of 20 for .5 chaos , wut?)
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Mar 21, 2017, 5:47:39 PM
Fair warning to all: this build is a dead end. Boss dps is TERRIBLE. I think I'm moving on.

ALso the lag is awful. I just killed two other players, not once but twice due to the lag this build causes.

many hours and much currency down the drain. Just had to come to terms with that. Total dead end. a 4th blue socket in the boots isnt gonna make this not terrible, avoid the Abberoths variation.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Mar 21, 2017, 7:27:31 PM
"
Fair warning to all: this build is a dead end. Boss dps is TERRIBLE. I think I'm moving on.

ALso the lag is awful. I just killed two other players, not once but twice due to the lag this build causes.

many hours and much currency down the drain. Just had to come to terms with that. Total dead end. a 4th blue socket in the boots isnt gonna make this not terrible, avoid the Abberoths variation.

As for lag, turn of lock step for less stutter lag. Don't ever play in a party, the lag is mentioned in all videos and the thread as a downside. Saddens me to hear that the abberath's didn't work out for you. Doedre's has been my rare solution as it triggers all my spells.

I've just ended all my guardian recordings today with my testing abberath's vrf version. Two shot hydra,two shot minotaur, quad shot chimera (1 vrf per phase, some were lvl 7), afk killed both minotaur and phoenix in 5-6 mins each.

Burning down minotaur in 2 hits means essentially that we hit for about 2 million damage per second single target with vrf, but we hit harder than that as first hit got him down to 20%. That minotaur had vulnerability on me and 30% inc boss dmg.

However! This version will not be called afk gone cheap, as it is the very end game version on the build.

I want to mention that I also tried to VRF daresso on colloseum map, but my fire burst with conc effect and the double dipping from its ignites burnt him down about as quickly as the VRFs. The key is the double curses on blasphemy making the double dip hit really hard, together with berserkers 40% more damage double dip, 40% elemental overload double dip and all the fire damage double dip. Taming and emberwake is a downgrade in this version of the build.

Edit: Also don't quad blue the boots, tripple blue another item and put blasphemy with the 2 curses there and put a cwdt setup in the abberaths instead.

Last edited by ChrispieD on Mar 21, 2017, 8:30:50 PM
"
ChrispieD wrote:
"

As for lag, turn of lock step for less stutter lag. Don't ever play in a party, the lag is mentioned in all videos and the thread as a downside. Saddens me to hear that the abberath's didn't work out for you. Doedre's has been my rare solution as it triggers all my spells.

I've just ended all my guardian recordings today with my testing abberath's vrf version. Two shot hydra,two shot minotaur, quad shot chimera (1 vrf per phase, some were lvl 7), afk killed both minotaur and phoenix in 5-6 mins each.

Burning down minotaur in 2 hits means essentially that we hit for about 2 million damage per second single target with vrf, but we hit harder than that as first hit got him down to 20%. That minotaur had vulnerability on me and 30% inc boss dmg.

However! This version will not be called afk gone cheap, as it is the very end game version on the build.

I want to mention that I also tried to VRF daresso on colloseum map, but my fire burst with conc effect and the double dipping from its ignites burnt him down about as quickly as the VRFs. The key is the double curses on blasphemy making the double dip hit really hard, together with berserkers 40% more damage double dip, 40% elemental overload double dip and all the fire damage double dip. Taming and emberwake is a downgrade in this version of the build.

Edit: Also don't quad blue the boots, tripple blue another item and put blasphemy with the 2 curses there and put a cwdt setup in the abberaths instead.

sounds good to have VRF as a boss killer, on which equipment slot do you use it and what gems are linked to it?
Last edited by SoundwaveOiA on Mar 22, 2017, 4:59:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info