[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

While it will not break the build it will have an impact on the overall clear speed. Maybe Spark will replace BV as the "default" active setup... the helmet BV is too valuable and with Spell Echo and Faster Casting support Spark generates a LOT of hits too, even against single targets.
Last edited by tomay on Mar 1, 2017, 5:21:55 AM
Thank you Tomay for the reply and solution.
I really want to build this next league. Now that blade vortex can't really be used as the active ability unless it's removed from the helm, I'm tempted to try scorching Ray w/CwC firestorm as the active ability. I've seen a few berserkers do really well with this casting setup, and I think this build's crazy fire output along with scorching ray's fire debuff could really work well in bossfights. It might not be very good for map clearing without the fastcast that scorching ray needs to hit multiple targets. I guess a little bit of theorycrafting is in order.
Last edited by AIM9x on Mar 2, 2017, 3:57:51 AM
Hi ppl. Thinking of this build for new league as well. Question time: Soo the new staff Martyr of Innocense with all that fire dmg and fire dmg to spells and vengeance.. could it replace the 2 mainhands?
"
AIM9x wrote:
I think this build's crazy fire output along with scorching ray's fire debuff could really work well in bossfights.

Scorching Ray w CwC has been used by lots of folks here... mostly with Incinerate, a possible setup would be:

Scorching Ray + CwC + Incinerate + Faster Casting + GMP + Chance to Ignite

(GMP and CtI can be swapped for Culling Strike and Controlled Destruction at Boss fights)

Again, the clear speed will be a bit slower than with BV but it works just as well in the grand scheme of things. GGG latest onslaught against Blade Vortex doesn't really affect this build as it is so flexible regarding the active skill combo.
Last edited by tomay on Mar 2, 2017, 5:24:38 AM
"
Parapapam wrote:
Hi ppl. Thinking of this build for new league as well. Question time: Soo the new staff Martyr of Innocense with all that fire dmg and fire dmg to spells and vengeance.. could it replace the 2 mainhands?

I dont think so, razor of the seventh sun has the "recover 1% of maximum life when you ignite an enemy" Without that you'll lose a ton of health recovery
Not to mention the loss of Fire Burst. :D
"
SoundwaveOiA wrote:
I dont think so, razor of the seventh sun has the "recover 1% of maximum life when you ignite an enemy" Without that you'll lose a ton of health recovery

"
tomay wrote:
Not to mention the loss of Fire Burst. :D

My train of thought goes a bit off of the afk aspect of this build. Since you got eye to heal you for 2% of fire dmg while ignited,maybe you can have cyclone on the staff + vengeance dealing fire dmg and healing you at the same rate as with razor. + cyclone will be doing constant fire dmg while burst is on chance on hit. .. Maybe they would do the same dmg at the end of the day. Wrong thought?
It would be a completely different build as the aim of this build is to kill map bosses with as little as possible or no user interaction at all.

There are plenty builds using the mechanics of Eye of Innocence (and Razor) but the core of this one is AFK. ;)

Besides, the Berserker has more than enough leech so Eye would be a rather poor amulet choice for a staff melee build.
"
tomay wrote:
While it will not break the build it will have an impact on the overall clear speed. Maybe Spark will replace BV as the "default" active setup... the helmet BV is too valuable and with Spell Echo and Faster Casting support Spark generates a LOT of hits too, even against single targets.

As someone who doesn't really afk with this build and constantly self-casts BV, could I get away with replacing the helmet gem instead, or would I still be better replacing the active skill?

I'm currently running BV - Spell Echo - Area of Effect - Chance to ignite - Fire Damage - Fire Pen [GBBBRR]. Would it be viable to get spark into that setup without changing the colours on my Belly of the Beast?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info