Completely Rebalance PoE to your Liking

Three main points:

1) Melee and Range Balance. Melee actually having a role. Single target melee dealing absurd damage to have a role as a Boss anahilator to make it up for having shit clear speed and low survivability is a good suggestion

2) Making ES builds function differently from HP, like in Closed Beta. THe original post has fine suggestions.

3) Buffing secondary defenses, as in Armour and Evasion, to not only be worth invsting but to also be usefull against spells and elemental damage.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Potions/HP/Armour should be changed to fully suit the regeneration system.
If you receive bit hits you get a degen buff on you for the full amount. More hits = higher degen damage. So no raw damage numbers. You can offset this with a regenation aura, regen nodes and potions that give you high regen.

It'd effectively make HP based characters a bit more resilient against lazy 1-shot mechanics.

Now ES should remain, you get a higher pool, more difficulty for acquiring gear and no refill potions.

Maps should drop unique versions of the white/blue version of that map. Those maps never get consumed, but it takes a divine orb to reroll them. Because relying on map drops is boring, so is rolling maps.

Rolling maps should be something you do when you want a challenge, not for every f*cking map. So make the mods more suitable to that. Double the speed of enemies, make enemies spawn from the ground instantly(meaning you never know what situation you'll run into). Giant demon that chases you through the map. Orbital laser that will kill you if you stand still too long. Every mob is rare and shares auras. And so on.

Proper difficulty challenges, not shit that will disable 30% of the builds every time you roll them.

And you can only fix melee by having a properly coded engine and decent servers. Which isn't a balance issue. You can however make the groups of enemies much more random in quantity. If all you get is groups, then all you'll get is AOE builds.

Experience: The experience curve progresses in the same fashion it did from 1-40. So a lvl 100 character shouldn't take more than 3 weeks for a very casual player.

Skilltree, you can reroll useless nodes with alteration orbs into something more suited for your needs. A true dynamic tree.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
As was mentioned by someone else, I'd give scion two additional ascendency classes.
Both of them have 3 main paths where you can put your points.
-The first new class is offensively designed and based around the three charge types, adding unique properties to them, giving you boni while at max charges or even changing their behaviour completely.
-The second class is defensively orientated and based around the three defence types and elemental damage types. What I wanna say is that one part focuses on ES and lightning, another on Armor and fire and the last part on Evasion and cold. The tree focuses on lessening the defensive weaknesses to some degree, for example ele damage reductio for armour, spell dodge/block for evasion and when [enter condition here], energy recharge is not interrupted by damage for ES.

That's just a very basic idea and not very fleshed out, but I'd love to see it in the game.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I would change the defenses. Leave enemies' damage as high as it is now, but finally give players some DECENT defenses

ARMOR. Every 200 armor, 1% flat physical damage reduction (hard cap: 95%). Every 2.000 armor, +1% to all maximum resistances (hard cap: 95%). Remove Immortal call from the game

EVASION. Every 200 evasion, 1% chance to dodge attacks and spells (hard cap: 90%). Remove the dodge duality from the game

ENERGY SHIELD. It should be FOREVER in recharge (no time delay at all before recharge starts), like a sort of super zealoth's oath, -this in the only case of chaos inoculation- and the recharge should not be interrupted by hits and DoT. Remove Discipline from the game

This way, we should be able to withstand the tremendous incoming damage in Red Maps with nasty mods with far less cheesy one shots

On the attack side, i think that one handed need love. Do you want a 500pdps 2h weapon? You pay a few chaos. Do you want 500pdps with 1h? Good luck, poor players. 1h high pdps weapons should be A LOT more common in drops. Because it's a shame that if you are poor and you need/want a shield, you cannot be melee cause the high cost of decent 1h weapons, and so you are forced to go the mage road
Last edited by Zeorymer_Of_The_Heavens on Oct 23, 2016, 5:35:43 AM
Scale up hp nodes by a tad, increase drop rates of red maps.

Get rid of map mods that completely lock out builds.

The A5 removal of Cruel can't happen quickly enough, imo.
"Witty remark."

Talisman SC
IGN: HerbalD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info