Completely Rebalance PoE to your Liking

they totally FUCKED public party play...

they recently buffed monster health

i find that, by myself 1 person, i can just hold flicker strike and kill EVERYTHING super fast
but 6 man party, i cant do that, its suucks, i feel worthless and lame and low damage,

with my flicker BV i can like kill a whole pack in like .. 1-2 seconds? .. the first pass, 1 hit each enemy, maybe 1 rare guy takes 3 hits
in 6 man party its like... 6 hits per enemy and the rare is like 30 hits?

its DUMMB AS HELL!!

i used to like doing public party, now, its just stupid for me to do so, public parties are dead,

game is basically dead
i think they want to kill their game???
hardcore is dead, public parties are dead, most the insane fun builds are dead

FIX YOUR SHIT!!!!
Last edited by CaoMengde on Oct 21, 2016, 3:23:06 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:30:05 PM
majority of playerbase wouldnt like my version of PoE. oh how they would hate it.

I would take about two thirds of player power away. change pace back to 2013ish version

remove all dumb more multiplier gems and have support gems REALLY modify the gameplay in interesting ways. have a REAL choice between stun support gem and blind support gem, for example.

the lab would be random seed every instance, no map, and have real dangers- some powerful invasion bosses in some corners, some traps you cant see, some traps you cant simply skip with move flask or WB/leap slam. it would take on average half an hour to complete for a competent runner.

Id remove or heavily curb all damage-favoring mechanics in the game. vaal pact would be reworked as to not provide enough instant leech no matter how much damage you do, to outleech reflect.

poison will not double dip nor would it apply to physical damage.

chaos, aside from atziri flask, would not be able to leech.

there would be resource management with mana and no real ways to AVOID it altogether

ascendancy classes would have some very expensive/costly ways to take passives from other ascendancy classes, ie not fully locked.

all unimaginative one-trick pony ascendancy classes would be reworked to provide interesting general use with possibility of cool combinations for niche uses

pants. your cat and rooster need to be protected, duh.

remove power creep. expand the game not vertically but horizontally (different is better than 'more powerful')

and so many more changes....
Last edited by grepman on Oct 21, 2016, 4:44:29 PM
"
grepman wrote:
majority of playerbase wouldnt like my version of PoE. oh how they would hate it.

I think you're right. But from what you've said, I would probably like your game.
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction
oh, also-

I keep wanting to see this more in CRPG games where game world is static and boring, as its you and your party doing quests/getting loot.

rogue exile packs. they trade between each other, kill mobs on maps, logout at sense of danger, do master quests, and level up.

think how glorious it is when you're in a map and a rogue exile pack steals your zana or your exalt drop. or maybe if they spawn in lab and they try to finish it before you do or something

would be so fucking awesome. I still remember wizardry VII fondly for doing OTHER npc parties roaming the gameworld, doing quests and picking up item drops.
Get back to 1.2 after spork nerf and fixed dsynch!!! Ooow those nice times if no desynch and no new sh** content.
No Problem,
Exile
Armor:
I would change armor to be more intuitive, have it not depend on the size of the hit, but be a flat damage reduction across the board. Armor scaling would have a theoretical limit (hard cap) at reasonable value (75% reduction?) and a soft cap at a more obtainable value (65% reduction?). Numbers to be determined based upon tested values and other changes listed below.

Evasion:
I would change evasion by default to also apply to dodging spell attacks to make it more on par with armor. I would again have a hard cap and soft cap to be determined based upon reasonable values, and other changes listed below.

Energy Shield:
I would keep energy shield similar to the way it is, with the exception not allowing leeching from spell damage. Zealots Oath would remain in game. Energy shield should give you double what an equivalently geared life based character does, at the cost of low armor and evasion percentages. Jade and Granite flasks can still be used to give a fair reduction in damage and evasion.

Monster Damage:
This would go down significantly. I would have big boss attacks able to be survived by full armor builds, but there would be more large vaal slam type attack more often. The danger would still be there, but the "opps i forgot to dodge that one attack, RIP" would be largely gone. 2 large attacks in a row could still be a rip even against a max armor build tank character.

Monster Life:
This would go up more. I would make normal packs feel more like blue packs, both hp and experience gained, and blue packs have 1 special affect, but hp like yellow mobs. So on, and so forth up to major bosses.

Charges:
Endurance charges would give a different type of defensive bonus. Increased life/mana gained per endurance charge. Immortal call would still be in game.

Frenzy charges would remain largely the same, but a skill gem that would use up the charges would be added to the game. Fanatical call would use up all frenzy charges for a short duration insane move speed and attack damage.

Power charges would remain largely the same, but a skill gem that would use up the charges would be added to the game. Destructive call would use up all power charges for a short duration massive increase to spell damage and cooldown reduction.

Support Gems:
Flat damage (more modifier) support gems would go away. The bulk of the damage from a skill would come from the gem level, THIS INCLUDES MELEE GEMS. These skills would then scale off of 3 primary things for ALL active skills: Gem level (highest scaling), Attack/Elemental Damage or Spell Damage/Cast Speed (medium scaling), support gems (least scaling, cool new mechanics). This way someone in a 4 Link wouldn't fall so far behind someone with a 6 Link damage wise.

Support gems would do what they originally were supposed to do, which is give the skill new/different/interesting mechanics. Pierce/chain/fork/culling strike/etc type support gems would remain. More mechanics like this would be added.

Labyrinth:
The labyrinth would be changed to the following:
The first 3 (or 2 after 3.0) labs would allow for portals and other means of leaving out of lab without any penalty. These should be where people learn to navigate the lab, and shouldn't be punished and not have access to the majority of their ascendancy points.

Uber Labyrinth:
This should remain extremely difficult, or maybe even increase the difficulty, and would be for people trying to get loot. There wouldn't be ascendancy points tied to it. You are not allowed to leave it by any means without having to start over. It is there for a challenge, but not a gate to complete a build.

NPC Immunities:
These should be removed from the game. Certain NPC's can have an overcap on resistances, say 90%, but never immune to a status affect or damage type. This overcap may be allowed to be reduced down to 75% or so after testing the affects of this change, through curses or other means, but they would not be allowed to go below that set value.

Melee Skills:
All melee skills should have a melee splash type affect added to them. The melee splash support gem is removed from the game. Anything that already gives melee splash or similar affect (ascendancies, etc.) would increase the splash damage percentage and/or range.

Vaal Pact:
Remains in the game, but is capped to 10% of health gained maximum per hit. VAAL PACT WOULD NO LONGER WORK WITH SPELL DAMAGE.

Flasks:
Unique flasks would receive a review given the changes above and be adjusted as needed. Other flasks would largely remain the same, but with lower quantities of armor and evasion needed to reach higher defenses, so they would provide a fair layer of protection even for ES builds.

That would be my initial pass, then I would test and see what additional changes to make.

Lastly, I would change the skill tree:
I would have 1 tree be offensive, and a separate tree be defensive. It would still have starting areas for each class, and your passive points would be up to you on how to split them between the skill trees. The trees would be smaller and it would take less points to get from one side of the tree to the other (easier/more efficient pathing).
Last edited by Civenge on Oct 21, 2016, 7:57:49 PM
Changes to keep challenging for all players:

1 - Shutdown the god mode (no exceptions)

2 - Viable skill tree (if some skill is useless, change it. This is build tool, not luck meter)

3 - Challenge variation (player build and enemy build is similar. Stop bosses based only damage and defense. More evade, precision, fast movement, fast attack, minions, enviroment, etc. If hit can inflict death - aka hit kill, so hit can inflict permanent status in battle, like stop regeneration, reduce speed, etc.)

4 - Players can help with concept, but GGG need balance (some men just want to watch the POE burn. GGG, keep guard)
Last edited by Apocalich on Oct 21, 2016, 8:30:23 PM
It appears that the most common change people would implement is regarding mitigation.I agree,armour and evasion need some more love.Specially regarding spell damage.But maybe rather than buffing armour&evasion,tuning down ES leech and monster damage overall might be a better option here.

But my biggest issue is double dipping.Ive been playing mostly physical damage builds and a single poison gem is so powerful,adding too much dps thanks to double dipping.If youre currently playing a physical damage build,not taking poison doesnt make a sense,its like free damage.I would remove double dipping,increase the scaling on the initial skill,and then also the poison separetely.Poison scaling can be achieved by buffing fatal toxins,introducing more of it around the tree,by adding a support gem than only buffs poison.A skill gem that exponentially increase poison damage as it stacks on the enemy could be interesting.Also introducing synergy between bleed and poison could be interesting.

Also increasing overall player damage and then introducing mana management back might make us less reliant on auras.I dont like too many auras.

Another thing i hate is the "a single gem to rule all" mentality.Like playing spectral throw and swapping GMP or playing melee and swapping splash.Skills should have more clear cut purposes of being single target and aoe,so you'd need two skills for all content rather than having one 6L and swapping a support gem depending on the situation.

Oh and i almost forgot.Increase the damn map drop rates!!!
Last edited by Bznga on Oct 21, 2016, 9:45:10 PM
My main change would be to make the transitions to a higher difficulty actually more difficult rather than easier. I still think PoE's greatest weakness is the transition from Cruel to Merciless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info