Build Competition #2! No rewards unfortunately, enter now! (NOW ENDED)

"
generaldave wrote:
"
zSavage wrote:
There's an immediate end game build I see when I look at this item. That's why I bought one when I heard it existed in Perandus. Still haven't made it though.

There's 2 mods on this item that are useful for an endgame build. There are two you might think are but actually are not.

Do it up then. Amaze everyone.

I'm not dying to reroll atm, that's the issue. Plus due to my work schedule I probably couldn't have a fresh character leveled in time for the competition.

I have an old, unascended character in STD (like level 84ish) I could respec if you guys really want to see the build, but I know that's not something I could enter in the competition per the rules.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
"
generaldave wrote:
"
zSavage wrote:
There's an immediate end game build I see when I look at this item. That's why I bought one when I heard it existed in Perandus. Still haven't made it though.

There's 2 mods on this item that are useful for an endgame build. There are two you might think are but actually are not.

Do it up then. Amaze everyone.

I'm not dying to reroll atm, that's the issue. Plus due to my work schedule I probably couldn't have a fresh character leveled in time for the competition.

I have an old, unascended character in STD (like level 84ish) I could respec if you guys really want to see the build, but I know that's not something I could enter in the competition per the rules.

feel free to respec it nonetheless, but i probably wouldnt share it in this thread incase other competitors see the idea and take it for themselves.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Making good progress so far, though I would be further along if not for parental responsibilities (Ah, the joys of being a father of two children). Should have a merc Malachai kill to you within the next day or so along with the video breakdown of my build (Time depending on how long it takes to upload to YouTube)
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
Curious as to how this turned out, even though I didn't participate this time.
SynTrSr - Trickster Soulrend/Bane
"
generaldave wrote:
Curious as to how this turned out, even though I didn't participate this time.

no one has submitted anything yet lol
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Lame. It's interesting to see what people come up with, especially when theorycrafting around a specific item.
"
generaldave wrote:
Lame. It's interesting to see what people come up with, especially when theorycrafting around a specific item.

I mean the only possible use with it is trying to be cute with elemental hit/wildstrike/ele spectral throw or some sort of elemental conversion build. Benefits being you don't need dex/acc/RT and you ignore some resist as a trade-in with having a weaker damage weapon.

There isn't an actual "unique" use for this sword other than a stat stick with some flavoring.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Nov 6, 2016, 9:36:53 AM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
generaldave wrote:

I mean the only possible use with it is trying to be cute with elemental hit/wildstrike/ele spectral throw or some sort of elemental conversion build. Benefits being you don't need dex/acc/RT and you ignore some resist as a trade-in with having a weaker damage weapon.

There isn't an actual "unique" use for this sword other than a stat stick with some flavoring.

Yes, I've already commented on how bad it is, even as a stat stick:

"
generaldave wrote:
Sweet, I'm famous...And to make a build with that garbage level 20 weapon that gets to 85?

It has:

51 physical DPS, 15 elemental DPS, and 67 combined DPS in it's worst form.
61 physical DPS, 18 elemental DPS, and 79 combined DPS in it's best form.

Those are weapon DPS's, not tooltip, and are rounded.

I don't see anything that would make it useful as a stat stick either, unless "Hits can't be evaded" and the added elemental damages would apply globally.

I'm going to have to dig a littler deeper into this one, but I don't know.

Edit: After a little research, it seems that "hits cannot be evaded" is local and the elemental damages are global.

It still would have been cool to see someone come up with something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info