[Questions] Pathfinder - Veteran Bowyer, traps and flask charges

Hi

I'm trying to theorycraft Pathfinder trapper and I'm wondering about Veteran Bowyer interaction with traps:

Enemies you Kill that are affected by Elemental Status Ailments grant 100% increased Flask Charges

Does it work with enemies killed by traps? Did anyone test it?

Bonus question: what does Immune to Elemental Status Ailments mean?
1. Remove existing Elemental Status Ailments and prevent further Elemental Status Ailments from being applied for duration
2. I'm getting Elemental Status Ailments applied normally, they just don't do anything
Not a signature.
Last bumped on Oct 23, 2016, 6:53:44 AM
"
Turbodevil wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to theorycraft Pathfinder trapper and I'm wondering about Veteran Bowyer interaction with traps:

Enemies you Kill that are affected by Elemental Status Ailments grant 100% increased Flask Charges

Does it work with enemies killed by traps? Did anyone test it?

Bonus question: what does Immune to Elemental Status Ailments mean?
1. Remove existing Elemental Status Ailments and prevent further Elemental Status Ailments from being applied for duration
2. I'm getting Elemental Status Ailments applied normally, they just don't do anything

So you actually could make a weak pathfinder build?
May I be damned
Burn all the orbs!
anyone?
Not a signature.
For the bonus question, immunity means:
"1. Remove existing Elemental Status Ailments and prevent further Elemental Status Ailments from being applied for duration"
If '2' was the answer, it would say "unaffected by".

GGG recently tidied up this language in a patch (2.4.0?), so hopefully it is now all consistent.

--------
As for the main question - many on-kill effects that GGG think should work with traps/totems/etc are currently bugged to not work with traps. I have no idea whether Veteran Bowyer is supposed to work with traps, or whether it does; but I know there are lots of other on-kill effects which don't.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Tested it with my EA Pathfinder by applying chill to Cruel Hillock with Arctic Armor and killing him with Ice Trap (to avoid DoT shenanigans). Tested with and without passive allocated with one flask, no extra charges were gained.

Then tested it with Explosive Arrow, just to be sure. No extra charges were gained, whether he was afflicted with ignite or chill.

Possible conclusions:
this particular portion of passive doesn't work at all, or doesn't work with unique monsters, or doesn't work with Hillock.

More testing probably required, but as you can imagine, testing charge generation on normal mobs is a bit tricky with Pathfinder, since my version gets passive charge generation and increased flask charges gained from the tree. This sadly makes it too much of a pain to test as I don't have many regrets (pun intended) to spare. Wouldn't it be hilarious though, considering Pathfinder popularity, that one part of one of the passives didn't work at all?
Last edited by PaperRat on Oct 22, 2016, 2:55:22 PM
Thanks for your answers guys! Shame the passive doesn't work as expected, but I will still try to build around it regardless.
Not a signature.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info