Crate knows how to patch his shit.....

Buffing isn't the solution. The more you buff things, the greater the imbalance. I would not want to have a system where everything gets buffed all the time. I like nerfs more, if they are done at the right points.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Oct 20, 2016, 4:43:10 PM
I've been playing hack'n'slash aRPGs almost exclusively for the past 20 years, i dare to say that i've tried all of the games in the sub-genre and i've played extensively most of them. If there is one thing that i've learned it's this : when it comes to hack'n'slash aRPGs - balance is a dragon that you can chase but you can never catch. Perfect balance, or anything close to it really, is impossible.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 20, 2016, 4:54:00 PM
"
RandallPOE wrote:
It's a good game but pretty shallow, why would you bother playing through it more than once?

To each his own, man, to each his own...

Spoiler

BTW Crate never buff for the sake of it, if ggg had their balance team half of the threads on the forum would never exist.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Oct 20, 2016, 5:02:49 PM
I cannot wait for GD's first major expansion which will include act 5 and 1 or possibly 2 new masteries.

Overall, Crate has done a lot this year with finishing up act 4, polishing the entire game, releasing the modding tools, the three Witch Gods content, the Crucible DLC, and the upcoming Aetherial roguelike dungeon.

Edit: Forgot this recent patch (1.0.0.6) re-balanced epic and legendary items while adding more too.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Oct 21, 2016, 12:50:24 AM
"
Char1983 wrote:
Buffing isn't the solution. The more you buff things, the greater the imbalance. I would not want to have a system where everything gets buffed all the time. I like nerfs more, if they are done at the right points.

Not if you just buff all, then you're even ^^
Reason for this patch was mostly altering boss behaviour and overall strength.

"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:

There are a lot of little things wrong with the game but overall it's pretty fun. Silly things like sometimes it's hard to tell what things are monsters, chests are not clearly visible, you can spend a lot of time just wandering around not fighting if you explore too much, areas can be too large sometimes making you feel aimless, it can be hard to anticipate how much of a stat you'll need to invest in for gear etc etc.

It's got a lot going for it but it doesn't have anywhere near the production quality PoE has.

Well, I think visibility is ok, maybe it needs a bit to adept that grafic style.
If you go only for main quest it's pretty straight forward, doing all sidequests can be sometimes a bit lenghty. And char building, statting and co. is much more oldschool straight forward then in PoE.

What I like is the love in the level design.
Had and still have Diablo 1 mood moments in the Steps Of Torment, Laboratory or other areas.
In PoE you have just a concatenation of fighting arena levels, just practically designed and way less storytelling as in Grim Dawn (or TQ, or D1/D2 ....). Thats really something i miss in PoE.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

They are buffing a lot of underused skills and items that noone will use regardless of the buffs ( read Valdun's set in general ) .
Last edited by skaterboy80 on Oct 20, 2016, 5:33:23 PM
"
Hunwulf wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:

No, you are not. Example: Give all support gems in PoE 100% more damage. What happens? 6link characters are all of a sudden much more powerful than 5link characters, which in turn are much more powerful than 4link characters. Double dipping produces weird shit.

If you make all skill gems scale much more strongly (from 10-20 damage at level 1 to 10-20 million damage at level 20), content you are overleveled for becomes extremely easy while content you are underleveled for becomes very hard.

The same happens with different skills, if you buff too much by too much, both intra-character and intra-content balance becomes harder to achieve.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
GD is fun, sure, but I played about 30 hours and feel like there wasn't really any more to get out of it. No online anything other than 2002 style co-op with friends. I enjoyed my 25 dollar purchase, but I really have no interest in ever playing it again. The constellation passive system sure was cool.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Hunwulf wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:

No, you are not. Example: Give all support gems in PoE 100% more damage. What happens? 6link characters are all of a sudden much more powerful than 5link characters, which in turn are much more powerful than 4link characters. Double dipping produces weird shit.

If you make all skill gems scale much more strongly (from 10-20 damage at level 1 to 10-20 million damage at level 20), content you are overleveled for becomes extremely easy while content you are underleveled for becomes very hard.

The same happens with different skills, if you buff too much by too much, both intra-character and intra-content balance becomes harder to achieve.

Well, I aimed for Grim Dawn and not PoE balance at all, it's just not comparable at all, everyone know it. And apart from that I'm not too serious with my OP (seems it isn't obvious enough).

Nevertheless, it doesnt make much sense what you say. 6 Link are already much more powerful then 5link, 5link the 4link. Buffing all would do nothing in the relation of this setups. Double dipping is a well known (problemic) mechanic in this game now, what will become reworked sooner or later (was been discussed in several podcasts). If you buff something in PoE that way, you have to rebalance other game mechanics too. And as I stated before, that patch in Grim Dawn was after a heavy rework of many boss behaviours and strength of them. It was just a nice read if I compare to the last main PoE patches ^.^.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Last edited by Hunwulf on Oct 20, 2016, 6:31:20 PM
"
Ceri wrote:
I really should try Grim Dawn soon.. I never got to it! Pretty good game I've gathered.

I bought it and I recommend it.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info