What would be the most efficient path to improving my accuracy?

The titile speaks for itself. The question is asked with my Essence league character in mind - MeatTitann. I only have about 84% melee accuracy (and a 20% increased acc with projectiles) with lightning strike against mobs of my level. The stat is highly uninformative, but I can easily see the difference in my crit chance when I'm doing a dried lake run compared to when I'm doing a t8-9 map.

So far, I think that I should get one ring with 300+ acc, but I'm not sure that would be enough. Any input on the subject is appreciated!
Last bumped on Oct 20, 2016, 1:20:00 PM
You get 2 base accuracy per level and 2 per point of dex, you can also get accuracy rolls on weapons, amulet, rings, gloves and helm.

If we assume around 2k accuracy is fine for endgame and you got a level 90 char with 150dex that means you will need, say, three 300acc rolls and 50% inc accuracy to get there. More flat accuracy and less percantage or less flat more percentage is really up to you, but don't expect to be hitting well with no investment at all.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

The answer to every accuracy issue everywhere, for any character that can spare their amulet slot.

I love love love love my Hinekora's Sight(s). Maiden there has a HS and accuracy in the tree - no other gear-based source of accuracy - and still gets ~94% accuracy the last time I checked my stats screen. Immune to blind too, so the occasional Shroudwalker, Shrouded shrine or Eyeball Critters don't mess up my stuff. Plus sweet dodge. It's really such a fantastically underappreciated item.

You could do rare rings/amulets with accuracy as well, but the 300+ ones tend to be hellaciously expensive and they eat into your other crit stats/resistances. I find it easier, when I can, to just slap a Hinekora's Sight on and forget about accuracy on everything else.
"
1453R wrote:
You could do rare rings/amulets with accuracy as well[..]

Or get it on a hat. :p
Gloves can also roll accuracy, but, Crit gloves.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 20, 2016, 12:37:08 PM
"
1453R wrote:

The answer to every accuracy issue everywhere, for any character that can spare their amulet slot.

I love love love love my Hinekora's Sight(s). Maiden there has a HS and accuracy in the tree - no other gear-based source of accuracy - and still gets ~94% accuracy the last time I checked my stats screen. Immune to blind too, so the occasional Shroudwalker, Shrouded shrine or Eyeball Critters don't mess up my stuff. Plus sweet dodge. It's really such a fantastically underappreciated item.

You could do rare rings/amulets with accuracy as well, but the 300+ ones tend to be hellaciously expensive and they eat into your other crit stats/resistances. I find it easier, when I can, to just slap a Hinekora's Sight on and forget about accuracy on everything else.

Hinekora looks like a good defensive choice. However, I'll loose stats for str & int requirements. I'll try it out if I ever get other pieces to compensate.
"
raics wrote:
You get 2 base accuracy per level and 2 per point of dex, you can also get accuracy rolls on weapons, amulet, rings, gloves and helm.

If we assume around 2k accuracy is fine for endgame and you got a level 90 char with 150dex that means you will need, say, three 300acc rolls and 50% inc accuracy to get there. More flat accuracy and less percantage or less flat more percentage is really up to you, but don't expect to be hitting well with no investment at all.

The build takes dexterity paths and also Finesse, Art of the Gladiator and Fury Bolts. I wouldn't say that I've not invested anything so far.

I was thinking of getting the Acuity wheel as a last resort, if I can't find some fairly cheap way to raise my accuracy. I'm guesstimating that those 3 nodes + a flat 300 on a ring would be good enough.
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Oct 20, 2016, 12:51:01 PM
I think what raics was alluding to was mostly the lack of flat accuracy. Like with maximum Life, you need both flat and increased x% to reach "game-expected" levels. So yes, you will likely need a ring, 2 rings, and/or Hinekora's. (If you're a Juggernaut, Undeniable or whatever it's called that also grants +1000 acc is good as well!)

By the way, Hinekora's is kind of the opposite of defensive... the dodge is good against DPS, but you lose out on maximum Life or ES, resistances, and for the rich, x% increased evasion/AR/Energy Shield. Cannot be Blinded is an offensive stat as well, since Blind is an offense-lowering debuff on you. I'd rate it about 80% offense and 20% defense.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Oct 20, 2016, 12:54:11 PM
I like Hinekora's Sight because it solves the problem pretty much completely in one gear slot. You don't need to fidget with getting 300+ Accuracy rolls on half a dozen gear pieces to try and get a proper hit rate. You do lose life, resistances, crit stats, and all that, but the accuracy mod is two and a half to three maxed-out/near-maxed-out accuracy rolls on everything else. That's technically three suffix slots you don't have to spend on accuracy anymore and can sink into resistances to counterbalance taking Hinekora's Sight.

If you're rich enough to spend three or four exalts per piece, getting a set of 300+ accuracy trinkets (or a helm :P) with phat life, a resist or two, and mebbe some crit stats would probably be better overall than Hinekora's Sight - but you will be spending multiple exalts to get jewelry with massive accuracy rolls and also other useful stuff because everybody wants those things to do exactly what you're doing.

Or, you blow thirty chaos on Hinekora's Sight and solve the problem in one slot.
"
1453R wrote:

If you're rich enough to spend three or four exalts per piece, getting a set of 300+ accuracy trinkets (or a helm :P) with phat life, a resist or two, and mebbe some crit stats would probably be better overall than Hinekora's Sight - but you will be spending multiple exalts to get jewelry with massive accuracy rolls and also other useful stuff because everybody wants those things to do exactly what you're doing.

Not to mention you would lose the dodge and anti-Blind!
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
1453R wrote:

Not to mention you would lose the dodge and anti-Blind!

Will admit - if I had ten exalts to spend on an existing build, I'd rather sink it into a 6L Kintsugi (which combines really well with the dodge stacking Hinekora's Sight is good at!) and a Hinekora's than a bunch of rare accuracy jewelry and no 6L Kintsugi. One of those seems far more awesome than the other...heh, but then again I just hate rare crap and always have to talk myself out of builds with eight unique items and some seriously overworked rares/jewel slots, so maybe I'm not the best judge...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info