Nintendo announces their new console, the Nintendo Switch

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI

Pic:

Spoiler

List of partners:

Spoiler
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Oct 20, 2016, 10:29:57 AM
Last bumped on Jan 20, 2017, 6:10:06 AM
It's clever but it's about 3 years too late.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:24:53 PM
Hmm, I dunno how I feel about the controller, need it in my hands to have a feel for it.

Prolly gonna still use the pro controller, that thing is so good.

Would like to know the specs and more info about upcoming games
Not sure if its a smart move to go this way and reveal it now while they are still betting on the 3DS. Wont it compete in a way? I understand that's probably not their intention, but its probably going to still affect it.

Other than that, it might be a good bet to get a broader audience, there seems to be more third paries interested this time as well.
I find that with the failure of the Wii U, this might be Nintendo last chance to retain consumer trust. Hope they dont fail marketing like last time.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Oct 20, 2016, 12:31:59 PM
I've had one console, the Atari 2600 back in 1979. Then I grew up and got a computer. Haven't looked back. ;)

Seriously though, I don't get the appeal. None of the games I like are available on consoles, and they likely never will. And for the type of games that are popular, like shooters and such.. They're way better on a PC, aren't they? Looks like it. I've no experience since I'm allergic to FPS.
That looks like fucking lame lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
That looks like fucking lame lol

They tend to look pretty lame in their advertisments.

Still wont ever beat the cringe that was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CWzNCKM9cs

@Ceri: oh you poor soul that never spent hours and hours with friends playing smash and mario kart
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Oct 20, 2016, 1:00:18 PM
"
Ceri wrote:
I've had one console, the Atari 2600 back in 1979. Then I grew up and got a computer. Haven't looked back. ;)

Seriously though, I don't get the appeal. None of the games I like are available on consoles, and they likely never will. And for the type of games that are popular, like shooters and such.. They're way better on a PC, aren't they? Looks like it. I've no experience since I'm allergic to FPS.

The appeal is the first party library of Nintendo. Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, Fire Emblem...
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:25:40 PM
Honestly, Im a bit disappointed. I thought Nintendo was going to not do the the Wii U route (pretty sure their current CEO said it, sure it could be taken as he wasnt talking about the portable screen itself, but its still pretty bad).

I think this is a huge risk, it may cannibalize the 3DS and the more casual consumer may not understand it well and compare it to other tablets price-wise (they really need to work their marketing, they still have time so its not over yet) or even smartphones and the hardcore gamer is immediately turned off by its appearance (again they need to work the marketing and explain why you want this, also work so that third parties wont leave them).
not completely surprised at the gimmick since this was late Iwata's idea, but still think it was a bad idea (also screw leakers for ruining most of the hype, it may get people excited when they read it, but it completely destroys the hype when a reveal happens and its what people said it would be).

Ill be watching to see how it does(wont buy on release, never do that for any console), hopefully they will put a lot of work into it so it doesnt end up as the disaster that was the Wii U, again third parties seem to be in, but will they stay?.
I also disliked that the reveal trailer didnt show any new games that people dont know about, I see remasters and perhaps ports. Not sure if the mario game is new, but either way it is to be expected that such will come eventually. For now, Im waiting for more info.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Oct 20, 2016, 2:09:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info