State of currency/Drops

Hello everyone,

Why is so hard to find vaal orbs for example? why is so hard to find jewellers and fuses?

I mean, does GGG benefit from this? why not make people happy and AT LEAST let players 6 socket and try to link their items? I will keep farming, im the fucked up kind of player that plays poe. Not my friend. He wont make it. I will keep helping him out with what I can, even if im broke after crafting my 5-link (yes 5link) piece.
Sitting at 3 vaal orbs. I will just stare at them (because I need them for the maps). No, I cant have fun with such a great mechanic.

"go to poe.trade"

I dislike using a third party web. My friend wont even try it.

Isnt having a growing playerbase beneficial to GGG? why scare new players with this drops/trading circle? all I see is people trying out the game, and 0-1 out of 10 people staying to see the show.

Last bumped on Oct 20, 2016, 7:32:46 PM
"
"go to poe.trade"

I dislike using a third party web. My friend wont even try it.

I guess I don't get this mentality. I just recently came back after taking a break and playing other things. poe.trade makes it very easy to look for specific items or stat combinations, then a quick whisper to one or two people who have what I want and boom... I have an item I am looking for.

I was actually playing last night thinking... "I should make a post about how grateful I am currency is dropping more frequently than ever before." I am just farming currency and items and enjoying the process. When I get a little bored, I'll switch over to another character to level or experiment with.

You can trade currency too in order to get just the jewelers and fuses you want, then go about your 6 linking.

The bottom line is, you want the game to be more rewarding for the time you invest. I get that, and don;t think that's a bad thing. But GGG either has to flood the drops, devalueing the items and hurting the game for those who enjoy the gamble, the grind, and have built wealth...

OR they can simply just allow things like PoE.trade (which works directly from the PoE forums BTW) to allow people to trade their time for currency to purchase what they want.

The only way GGG could do what you ask, is to create a self-find game type... where you could NEVER trade. Only then could they warrant boosting drop rates to the point you would find appealing.

My recommendation? Embrace what GGG DOES offer, build a solid, fast currency farming character and earn the ability to do whatever you want.
Yeah what this game really needs is some new quests & vendors that exchange tokens for a 6L weapon or chest of choice

Reach Lioneye's Watch on normal - receive Tabula Rasa as quest reward
Reach Lioneye's Watch on cruel - receive 6L chest token
Reach Lioneye's Watch on merciless - receive 6L weapon token

Just in case you need to change gear there should should be a daily quests that give you another weapon & chest token for killing Hillock in merciless.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
Yeah what this game really needs is some new quests & vendors that exchange tokens for a 6L weapon or chest of choice

Just in case you need to change gear there should should be a daily quests that give you another weapon & chest token for killing Hillock in merciless.

Kinda surprised a closed beta person is essentially touting that 6ls are necessary.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Trade is a part of the game. If you have a problem with the drop rates, either trade, play Diablo 3, or accept that playing SSF is going to result in a much slower curve of progression.

By the way, there is a recipe for vaal orbs. It is a shit recipe. But there is still a recipe.

As for jews and fuses, vendor 6 socket items for 7 jews, buy the daily Elreon and Vorici currency deals (which give you 20 jews and 20 fuse every day at a discounted rate from the normal vendor conversion)
U MAD?
"
"
RandallPOE wrote:

Kinda surprised a closed beta person is essentially touting that 6ls are necessary.

That was... sarcasm?
U MAD?
i started playing this season and have had over 4 exalted orbs drop for let alone the amount of chaos sets i have done ......... currencey drop rates are fine tho val orbs are hard to come across
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:25:01 PM
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
"
RandallPOE wrote:

That was... sarcasm?

Not in the slightest

Bring on the flying mounts and daily quests and this game will be way more beter than now fuck grinding yo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info