Immunities once more.

"
xrook wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIFOb8oRP3o

What, the hobbit turned critical? It's the end.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Oct 20, 2016, 6:22:02 AM
GGG has an immunity for this kind of posts. I wonder when they add reflect and start banning people for whining.
As i see it players should be able to adapt to this kind of obstacle. In this case passive tree reset arises to be able to change your build to confront immune plagued bosses. In this case people need to store more gear for different bosses-> more space required-> more tabs sold->.....PROFIT
Immunities are BS. Easy as that. Immunities were bad in D2, and are bad in PoE. They "bring" nothing, they "hurt" a lot.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Oct 20, 2016, 6:36:46 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
Immunities are BS. Easy as that. Immunities were bad in D2, and are bad in PoE. They "bring" nothing, they "hurt" a lot.

This. Expanding my point a little more - if GGG wants us to make builds for certain bosses, why not make bosses immune to physical/elemental/chaos damage? Wouldn't it work just like the intention behind immunities? Wouldn't it force people into certain builds?

Or would it be too infuriating? Because for most builds, this is what current immunities mean. I don't know why would you want to limit the usage of poison/burn/shock/chill/whatever, but you don't really care about builds using massive amounts of just damage.

Honestly, all this system does is reinforcing the already prominent trend - just stack damage, don't try to use complicated mechanics, because they are likely to be useless in certain fights anyways.
We no longer use mechanical supports (the reason why Innervate and so on are not very useful), but instead just stack damage.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Oct 20, 2016, 6:58:20 AM
seems like an another L2P issue.

pro tip to the OP:

when you plan a build, make sure you take into consideration what sort of gaming you will do with it.
For example:
- super fast map clearer, may be shit against uber boses
- Uber lab farmer, may be shit when it comes to mapping
- Uber boss killer, designed to kill bosses, duh

Dont complain about immunities if you can not plan ahead or adopt to every changing game mechanics.
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
Miazga wrote:

pro tip to the OP:

when you plan a build, make sure you take into consideration what sort of gaming you will do with it.
For example:
- super fast map clearer, may be shit against uber boses
- Uber lab farmer, may be shit when it comes to mapping
- Uber boss killer, designed to kill bosses, duh

Dont complain about immunities if you can not plan ahead or adopt to every changing game mechanics.

Except builds like Explosive Arrow with the right setup have no issues killing bosses, it's just that burn immunity screws it over hardcore to the point where you have to revamp your gem setup for that one particular boss.

Why is it old school elemental immunities are not in the game like lightning/fire/cold immune like D2 then? Immunities are just dumb in general and shouldn't exist. It's not that hard to program diminishing returns, so I'm not seeing how GGG can ever justify implementing immunities.
they should hire programmers that knows how to apply diminishing returns in-game
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
"
torturo wrote:
"
xrook wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIFOb8oRP3o

What, the hobbit turned critical? It's the end.

ziggyD completely ignores the endgame aspect of the fights, probably because going there is normal and easy for him.

imho 80% of the player base will not see the guardians and those who do will have multiple endgame builds.

if they all roll the same damage type the respective player doesn't deserve endgame.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Miazga wrote:
when you plan a build, make sure you take into consideration what sort of gaming you will do with it

Sure, the role playing at its finest - play tank only to tank but not deal damage, play DPS char to oneshot but also get oneshot. Get limited in content access because why not. Let's expand it further - role play strictly in parties.

Now listen to a funny suggestion - or just pick a skill/damage type, which isn't cockblocked and can brute force the monster defenses, will face low resistance, and no immunities. Like physical damage. But not as melee, as melee skills provide lowish DPS, are hard to scale, and are extremely expensive. Better get a spell - like BV, bladefall.

I call this logic.

"
vio wrote:
if they all roll the same damage type the respective player doesn't deserve endgame.

And I call this bullshit logic. As this game by design doesn't encourage building around various damage types, but exactly the opposite - hails min-maxing.

"
vio wrote:
ziggyD completely ignores the endgame aspect of the fights, probably because going there is normal and easy for him.

Sure, that's why he discussed strictly about endgame issues. In this video he explained how easy it's for him playing with the certain build.

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Oct 20, 2016, 7:48:49 AM
"
torturo wrote:

"
vio wrote:

And I call this bullshit logic. As this game by design doesn't encourage building around various damage types, but exactly the opposite - hails min-maxing.

narp, he complains that this game just forced him to build around various damage types.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info