Brainstorm a channel skill

Got bored waiting for news about channeled skills, so started brainstorming my own.

First one:

Power Surge
Charge power withing your wand, Increasing attack power and projectile size as the attack is charged. Charges faster with attack speed. Stop channeling to fire the projectile. Projectile moves relatively slowly, and pulls enemies it hits towards its current position.

Figure that it would be nice to have a channeled attack, and wands could use anothoer attack skill. Also figured firing giant energy wave that pulls things into it would be rather satisfying.

second one:

Static storm
Channel to creating an expanding storm centered on your location, dealing lightning Damage over time to enemies caught within it. As you channel, you gain charges. Each charge increases the area of the storm. At 5 charges, the storm creates shocking ground within its area

Feel free to join me in my boredom and think up your own channel skill. Im bored and wanna see what yall can think of
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2016, 6:38:12 PM
Gravity Well: You create a vortex at the target location that grows in size and pull strength, dragging enemies to its center. When the channel ends it explodes.

Would combo well with many other skills.

Static Armor: Charge up electrical energy and imbue your armor with it, electrifying any enemy that comes near you. The longer you charge it the longer the duration, greater the range, and the bolts chain to additional targets.
"Flame Sentry"
Holding down the skill button slows down the player by 60%.
The character slowly turns into a fireball that circles clockwise away from it's original position. (Kinda of like blade vortex with only one projectile).
Main difference with blade vortex being that you can actually still move while the skill is being channelled and that the fireball eventually reaches a much wider radius.
Releasing the channelling skill resets the process.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
This one is gonna be pretty damn op, but who cares...
Tempest Rush
Charge yourself with lightning energy that phases you damages nearby enemies. Movement speed is initially slowed, but gradually increases together with the damage and radius over the duration of the channel.

I think that one would give us some nice gorge speedruns. Or races on the racecourse map xD
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Revenge (chaneling, chaos, aoe, duration)

For 4 second cast Taunt periodicaly to force enemys on an área to attack you, At the end of the duration release a chaos Nova dealing 25% of all damage taken for the duration.
Take 25% less damage for the duration.

Meteor strikes (aoe, spell, fire, chaneling)

While active consumes 15% of your remaining mana per second.
Periodicaly a meteor will Target an enemy and hit it after few second with the damage being based on the mana consumed.
Increace meteor aoe and reduce its delay for every second chaneling.

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Arcane torrent is pretty cool, could have spell+ chaos+ projectile+ channeling+ aoe+ tags.
You could make strong single target and huge gmp aoe setups...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/wizard/active/arcane-torrent
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:25:34 PM
Channel to create a tornado at cursor.
Tornado moves to where you point the cursor.
Damage and AoE scale with channeling time, lets say over first 3 seconds.
After 4 seconds "releas"e tornado and start channeling new tornado.
"Released" tornadoes last 5-10 sec (affected by duration).
"Released" tornadoes will also move to cursor while channeling.
When 2+ tornadoes stack in one place they start pulling mobs in.
The more tornadoes the bigger the pull AoE is.
Can reposition character, start channeling and tornadoes will still come follow the cursor.
Tornadoes move at player-ish speed (like +100% move speed maybe to not feel clunky).

Hahahaahhaahhaa. Man, oh man.

Anyway, if the name is changed, it can be a possible gem.
Sometimes...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info