Build of the week is released then you wake up to see.

This shit happens all the time. It's not just Build of the Week.

The only thing that needs to happen is for an easily accessible video (a YouTube streamer, GGG's BoW spotlike, etc.) to show a build that gets hype.

Suddenly everyone is hearing about _, and you either make _ or have to deal with everyone who keeps talking about it.

Suddenly any item that benefits _ rises in price as people jump on the bandwagon. Sellers realize either immediately, raising prices to meet expected demand - or too late, selling their items to flippers or people who need them and fuel the hype train more about the cheapness of _.

Meanwhile the actual value of the items _ uses never increased, and if they were previously 1 chaos items, they're still technically worth that - only now everyone is _ and so the demand is so high people want 20 chaos for a trash item.

Yay for supply and demand.
Bring back race seasons.
"

BoW is about marketing more than about advanced building or game play. Sure some of the builds will inherently be strong, but I'm pretty sure that's not the most important criterion they are after (unlike us players who just want the most OP build out there).

Sure, I get that, but this build is utter, complete trash. It's not even a build as far as I'm concerned. It's so bad I consider it disingenuous of GGG to be advertising it in BotW as it will get high visibility and deceive less experienced players into thinking it's a real build. It isn't. Running with thirty-something fire resist to be able to clear low-level content at a snail's pace? Really?

edit: two thirds of angry rant cut off
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 23, 2016, 4:24:03 AM
Yeah. My full tank 77/77 block 35k armour/ 81 resists gladiator was clearing maps faster than this "thing".
I don't know how many times i've killed Phoenix and Chimera but... never got their uniques. I don't understand why. I got twice the minotaur chest which granted me almost 3ex, but nothing from Chimera or Phoenix lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info