Poe lore is like Game of Thrones lol

Everyone is killing each other at some point or another.

Voll starts a "Purity Rebellion" to end thaumaturgy, the usage of virtue gems. (basically skill gems).

So a bunch of people die, Malachai creates a cataclysm and wipes out a big portion of the old civilization.

Fast forward to now, everyone and their mother is back to using gems and Malachai wants to start another cataclysm.

Back before the purity rebellion everyone had pretty much a truce with one another. They had to fuck it all up. Even Malachai wasn't looking to end the world.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/History_of_Wraeclast
Last edited by Warmey on Oct 19, 2016, 5:57:22 PM
Last bumped on Oct 20, 2016, 5:46:58 PM
PoE's lore is a convoluted train wreck that only got worse as new content was added. Once you start cramming a ton of ageless, immortal demigods into a story, the audience starts asking "What the fuck were these people doing for the last ~300 years?" Like...Really, Dialla was just sitting in that temple jilling off for three centuries and nobody found her until I waltzed in and just stumbled over her?

I dunno. Act 4 just filled me with the dreaded feeling that GGG is ultimately going to find ways to shoehorn every single important name they're populated the lore with into the game as a boss fight. Logic be damned.
This is a buff™
Voll's literally the entire reason why the ''empire'' became ruined in short the fucking idiot trusted Malachai cuz he was obsessed with HURRR PURITY RELGIONZ
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Voll's literally the entire reason why the ''empire'' became ruined in short the fucking idiot trusted Malachai cuz he was obsessed with HURRR PURITY RELGIONZ

Yeah. He kills everyone and spares the biggest nut case of them all. lol

Voll while being an idiot didn't want to destroy the world. Malachai, that's what he wants, wtf.
Yeah!!! it is like GoT ... I DONT CARE ABOUT EITHER!!! AHAHA
"
PoE's lore is a convoluted train wreck that only got worse as new content was added. Once you start cramming a ton of ageless, immortal demigods into a story, the audience starts asking "What the fuck were these people doing for the last ~300 years?" Like...Really, Dialla was just sitting in that temple jilling off for three centuries and nobody found her until I waltzed in and just stumbled over her?

I dunno. Act 4 just filled me with the dreaded feeling that GGG is ultimately going to find ways to shoehorn every single important name they're populated the lore with into the game as a boss fight. Logic be damned.

I'm pretty sure with PoE development cycle I can expect within the next 5 years they'll actually make have a coherent story to the game.
"
PoE's lore is a convoluted train wreck.

This is how one should also describe the story of game of thrones (the TV show, not the books).
I actually love the lore in PoE. Yes, it isn't really in your face like some games, but if you seek it out, it is there.

Anyone interested in the big name characters from the lore should most definitely check out the comics.
U MAD?
Inbefore nessa founds some Dragons...

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

When do we get the midget boss who fornicates with our female toon?
Life goes by like a fart in the wind.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info