Prophecy mechanic and how it procs

Hello everyexile!
Was searching on forum for thread about Prophecy mechanic, but didnt found answer on below questions, need some explanation or just links about this:
Questions list:
1. Prophecies have some delay?
Example: I using "Monstrous Treasure" prophecy on map\cleaning it\trying to make same prophecy, but usually it ll apply after some delay
2. Prophecies have some priority? ( Except Prophecy chains )
Example: Prophecies with Tempest apply over any others ( if not on "cooldown")
3. Main question: How i can be 100% sure, that next proph will proc (apply) on map?(even its alone on the wheel) Or its just random.
-Update-
If not, can i improve proc chance of prophecy then?

Thanks for help!
Last edited by [DooM]Imperator on Oct 19, 2016, 4:30:50 PM
Last bumped on Oct 20, 2016, 12:47:27 PM
There isn't a way to guarantee that a Prophecy will proc on the next map you open.
U MAD?
Well, can i improve proc chance of prophecy then?
Not really. However, if you are trying to get Monstrous Treasure to proc in a Springs map (for example), and it does not pop the first time you open a Springs map, it will never pop on a Springs map. There is a way around this though, and that is to seal the Prophecy, and re-apply it. This "resets" its potential to proc in a given map type. Monstrous Treasure is just an example. This can be used for lots of different Prophecies.
U MAD?
Last edited by Docbp87 on Oct 19, 2016, 4:49:40 PM
Yeah, using this trick, but its not always work. After 2-3 successfully procs, prophecies didnt work at any maps and going to 'chill-mode" for ages(only current type, others still working good). Tricks didnt help with it....
actual as hell
ate 3 shrine/palace maps (rolled em well at least) trying to proc monstrous treasure.
was the only one that could proc. thought fuck me...
sealed the bastard. not many good maps left.

went to refill prohpecys... got another monstrous. aiite fuck it. last shrine.
and it procced!

something to be said about a prohecy going "stale"

the seal cost was only 6, but a shame to pay it nonetheless. I cant know
if the original was going to proc next run or not.
"
AgnosiousD wrote:
ate 3 shrine/palace maps (rolled em well at least) trying to proc monstrous treasure.

AgnosiousD, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but that's not how Prophecies of that type work.

Prophecies modeled after Monstrous Treasure choose a list of possible areas upon activation of the Prophecy and keeps that list of areas as long as it is active. This means that if you activate MT, then enter a Shrine Map, and it doesn't trigger, you are guaranteed to never trigger MT on a Shrine Map until you seal it and re-activate it, or you trigger MT on a different Map. This means, if you had 9,999 Shrine Maps, and you activated MT, it is very possible to run all 9,999 Shrine Maps in a row with no MT activation.

Sorry :/
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Oct 19, 2016, 10:28:58 PM
"
adghar wrote:
"
AgnosiousD wrote:

AgnosiousD, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but that's not how Prophecies of that type work.

Prophecies modeled after Monstrous Treasure choose a list of possible areas upon activation of the Prophecy and keeps that list of areas as long as it is active. This means that if you activate MT, then enter a Shrine Map, and it doesn't trigger, you are guaranteed to never trigger MT on a Shrine Map until you seal it and re-activate it, or you trigger MT on a different Map. This means, if you had 9,999 Shrine Maps, and you activated MT, it is very possible to run all 9,999 Shrine Maps in a row with no MT activation.

Dunno about this but looks horrible...Well still need some explanation about proph's mechanic
nevermind. I'll just wait.
Last edited by AgnosiousD on Oct 20, 2016, 8:46:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info