The Brass Dome Question on Crit Damage.

"
Vipermagi wrote:

Cospri's Will is far better than The Brass Dome for an ES build. Lose the same amount of ES, but Evasion synergizes much better with Enfeeble, Poison is good, +1 Curse yes, and you ignore Hexproof. Only five or so monsters that you cannot Curse at that point, and they're all Unique enemies?

Since I've actually played Cospri's Will, I would definitely want to add Totems to that list. I was expecting to curse pretty much everything, but Totems popped up more often than I expected.

Cospri's is still solid, though. I did accept a loss of 1200 net ES and somehow ended up feeling even tankier than before on one of my current mains.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Natharias wrote:
Read what I put:
"
"Just because of a map mod" is very bad, Vipermagi. If we are using that kind of logic, every build should be Blood Magic.

I am reading what you said, Nath.
You said every build should be Blood Magic [if X and Y].
There is no possible scenario or logic in which every build would run Blood Magic.
If there is some sort of mystical hidden meaning that is impossible to read from your one-liner, maybe fucking write what you theoretically might actually be trying to say.

I am also enjoying seeing you ignoring every relevant comment, by the way. Still gonna steadfastly claim that The Brass Dome is four times stronger against Crits, yeah?

"Are you playing to 100? If so, then yes it is worth it."
If you're playing to hit 100, you wouldn't choose to do it on a decidedly mediocre concept that costs a metric ton of currency to even start functioning. You'd just reroll mods you cannot afford to risk.

"
adghar wrote:
Since I've actually played Cospri's Will, I would definitely want to add Totems to that list. I was expecting to curse pretty much everything, but Totems popped up more often than I expected.

True! There's a couple relevant Totem bosses since Atlas, and one Totem enemy that is relevant? So yes, more than five enemies that are worth watching out for these days. My bad.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 23, 2016, 7:37:43 PM
I'm pretty sure, at this point, that everyone else in the thread is painfully aware that Nath is talking out of his ass to try and dislodge the bug stuck up it.

That said, it has been pretty awesome seeing some of the theorywork put into Brass Dome here. I had completely spaced the block penalty, so no real reason for the BD/Reckless Defense combo. It's honestly looking more and more like you need to be making use of the armor as much as the crit nullifier on Brass Dome if you want to have it make any sense. Life+armor BD makes sense; CI BD doesn't.

Also, is anyone else looking at Viper's math for high CE Enfeeble and A.) bracing their butts for more Enfeeble nerfs, and B.) starting to wonder if maybe Reckless Defense's downside is more of a 'downside'? I mean hell - if that math works and 40+% CE Enfeeble reduces enemy crit multipliers below 1, so crits deal less damage...hell, bring on the Reckless Defense jewels. Run one of the Ascendancies that gets elemental immunity, or do Juggernaut w/ a Grounding flask for bad times, and take all the sub-crits you can.

Wouldn't be an every build sort of thing, but if you're looking for another mitigation layer, well hell - RD might be two of those if the math works.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
I am reading what you said, Nath.
You said every build should be Blood Magic [if X and Y].

No, Vipermagi. And I know you're not that stupid.

You mentioned using BD just to counter crit map mods. By that same logic everyone should run BM.

Context. One word.

"
1453R wrote:
I'm pretty sure, at this point, that everyone else in the thread is painfully aware that Nath is talking out of his ass to try and dislodge the bug stuck up it.

Yet you're the one making ad hominem attacks. Very personal ones. Goes to show just how baseless your posts are.

"
1453R wrote:
Also, is anyone else looking at Viper's math for high CE Enfeeble and A.) bracing their butts for more Enfeeble nerfs, and B.) starting to wonder if maybe Reckless Defense's downside is more of a 'downside'? I mean hell - if that math works and 40+% CE Enfeeble reduces enemy crit multipliers below 1, so crits deal less damage...hell, bring on the Reckless Defense jewels. Run one of the Ascendancies that gets elemental immunity, or do Juggernaut w/ a Grounding flask for bad times, and take all the sub-crits you can.

If that were the case, then people would've been stacking RD jewels with curse effect to ensure they always get crit, and since crits would do less damage than regular hits they would be reducing incoming damage many times below what they should be.

Yet it hasn't taken off like BV has, so obviously it doesn't do that.
As I have already said, I see no conceivable logic that would dictate "all builds should use Blood Magic", so I just am that stupid it appears. Now with you doing nothing but empty-quoting yourself on some tangential topic and ignoring the more relevant comments, it seems this conversation is well and truly dead.

"
1453R wrote:

Crit Mult has a low-end cap of 100%, a Crit never deals less Damage than a non-Crit. However, Enfeeble also grants Less Damage.

In numbers, assuming 40% Inc Curse Effect:
An unmodified Hit deals 100 Damage
An unmodified Crit deals 130 Damage
Enfeeble reduces the Crit Mult to 100: Hits and Crits deal 100 Damage
Enfeeble reduces overall Damage on top of that: Hits and Crits deal 58 Damage

Against 60% Less Curse Effect:
Enfeeble reduces Crit Mult by 16: Hit deals 100, Crit deals 114
Enfeeble reduces overall Damage by 16%: Hit deals 84, Crit deals 95

Hence, the Enfeebled Crit ultimately deals less damage than a non-Enfeebled Hit (even against 60% Less Effect) - not because of a negative Crit Mult stat, but because Enfeeble reduces Crit Damage two-fold :)
Had a feeling there was a catch there I'd missed. Thanks, Viper. I'd thought CM couldn't go below 1, but ya never know. Weirder things have happened in this game.
Wow! I never expected this post to get more than two or three replies. I appreciate the effort, detailed explanations, and theorycrafting that went into some of your thoughtful posts. Thank you to everyone who provided useful information regarding "The Brass Dome Gladiator Plate".
Ci with brass dome char - machine_gun_ftw,so far its pretty fun in pvp, vs crit builds obviosly

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info