The Brass Dome Question on Crit Damage.

"
Natharias wrote:
To clarify, critical strikes basically deal a percentage of what your damage would be. If it is above 100%, it is increased. If it is below 100%, crits deal less damage. If it is 100%, crits deal no damage different than a regular hit. Think of it as "deals x% of base damage".

Though they can't deal less than their normal damage by modifying crit multi, it won't go below 100%. For crits to deal less damage you'd need a special mod, 'crits deal half damage' or something.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
this is the part i wish i could see damage numbers especially if i want to experiment on something

like having someone attack me in pvp with brass dome + Indomitable + belt of the deciever.
but according to wiki the reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes calculation is this

"
If m = 150% and R = 20%, then

E = 100 + (150 - 100) * (1 - 20/100) = 140%

on the other hand

"
The wiki is made by players, hence "Community Wiki" or "Unofficial Wiki," so the formulas don't always match the game code.

EDIT:
if anyone asks, im simply hoping crits now deal less damage than normal hits

especially if combined with Reckless Defence turning it into another form of mitigation
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
Last edited by xrook on Oct 20, 2016, 7:03:26 AM
"
xrook wrote:
this is the part i wish i could see damage numbers especially if i want to experiment on something

like having someone attack me in pvp with brass dome + Indomitable + belt of the deciever.
but according to wiki the reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes calculation is this

"
If m = 150% and R = 20%, then

E = 100 + (150 - 100) * (1 - 20/100) = 140%

on the other hand

"
The wiki is made by players, hence "Community Wiki" or "Unofficial Wiki," so the formulas don't always match the game code.

EDIT:

especially if combined with Reckless Defence turning it into another form of mitigation

Quite literally, the only difference between a hit and a crit is that crits have a damage multiplier. How could you possibly think that Brass Dome, by only setting that modifier to zero, make crits deal less damage than a regular hit?

If anything, it's worse with Reckless Defense since everything will forcibly apply status effects each time, because everything will be a crit. Regular hits don't have that.
"
xrook wrote:
[..]

The Brass Dome sets enemy Extra Crit Damage to zero.
Belt of the Deceiver/Indomitable reduce Extra Crit Damage by a percentage.
No matter the percentage reduction, zero stays zero.
1) just want to experiment
2) that hit is still a "critical attack" not just a hit, so im just assuming if not only i dont receive extra crit damage i could try and see if i could reduce it even further
3) theres plenty of ways to become immune/avoid/remove freeze & shock (meh on the ignite)

theorycrafting O.O

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
xrook wrote:
[..]

ok
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
Last edited by xrook on Oct 20, 2016, 7:24:41 AM
"
xrook wrote:
2) that hit is still a "critical attack" not just a hit, so im just assuming if not only i dont receive extra crit damage i could try and see if i could reduce it even further
3) theres plenty of ways to become immune/avoid/remove freeze & shock (meh on the ignite)

theorycrafting O.O

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
xrook wrote:
[..]

ok

Yeah, you could if we had access to things that would affect the number to where it went negative.

However, Brass Dome specifically says "You take no extra damage". While it may mechanically set it to zero, what this would end up doing (assuming more stuff introduced does what we need) is causing whatever increases to enemy crit damage to be ignored when calculating damage against you. Similar to the Inquisitor's "enemy resistance is no longer part of damage calculation".
"
xrook wrote:

You couldn't have it go below normal damage with reduced extra damage from crits in any case, extra damage can be reduced to zero and that's it, if you could reduce it by more than 100% it wouldn't become negative extra damage.

And, as I said above, not even reducing crit multi, which could theoretically do it, would work because crit multi is bottom capped at 100%.

But I like the idea, if you solve shock and freeze problems, five reckless defence jewels would be an easy way to stack a lot of block.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 20, 2016, 7:33:00 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
xrook wrote:

You couldn't have it go below normal damage with reduced extra damage from crits in any case, extra damage can be reduced to zero and that's it, if you could reduce it by more than 100% it wouldn't become negative extra damage.

And, as I said above, not even reducing crit multi, which could theoretically do it, would work because crit multi is bottom capped at 100%.

But I like the idea, if you solve shock and freeze problems, five reckless defence jewels would be an easy way to stack a lot of block.

It's already something I've thought of.

Go CI because of massive hit points.

Use Brass Dome to render crits ineffective.

Stack Reckless Defense jewels to cap out block.

Enjoy 75% of attacks and spells dealing no damage, and healing you if you use Aegis Aurora, and 25% of hits having to punch through your massive hit points.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
xrook wrote:

Enjoy 75% of attacks and spells dealing no damage, and healing you if you use Aegis Aurora, and 25% of hits having to punch through your massive hit points.

How will you have massive ES with CI, brass dome and aegis? :)
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"
raics wrote:

How will you have massive ES with CI, brass dome and aegis? :)

Aegis is if you have perfect gear in all other slots. We are talking CI, and we all know that is expensive as fuck.

Anyways, it's not hard to get 350% base ES in raw passives, and another 100% from intelligence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info