Hilarious death stories?

Never. Ever. Underestimate the power of curse idols on Izaro. RIPd a char to being temporal chained, running (in slow-mo) away from what I clearly saw was a charge move being powered up by Izaro. No chance to dodge. Inta-RIP.

Another funny, now half a year later, RIP was antivirus auto scan popping up and blocking the screen. Could not alt tab or alt f4, the antivirus had enough of me postponing the scan.. Deleted the program after the scan was completed and I was in standard.
Had my best death ever this league. Playing life based SRS with blood magic... 220 life per cast.

I had 50 spirits out, opened a strong box and the first thing that died was a rare with Soul eater, which procced Hunter's lesson prophecy. Spirits clobbered everything from the box and then a huge group around a shrine. I ended up about 4 million feet tall :).

At the same time, an Exile jumped into the scene and without thinking I dropped flesh offering and vaal haste and started to cast... Must have had about 25 casts a second thanks to the buffs as I dropped dead in just over a second hahaha. It was glorious! Definitely a case of "There for a good time, not a long time" :P
whirling blades into a pack of mysterious barrels... because why not, thats how i usually destroy barrerls instead of kicking them one by one
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
Last edited by xrook on Oct 20, 2016, 9:02:42 AM
"
SunsetVista wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
I had a rather sad story yesterday with ripping my lvl 71 Assassin to a trap in one of the trials. I was too tired, panicked and ran back. Lesson learnt: Always run forward in traps, never back, even if you cannot see the exit (the door was almost impossible to see for some reason, looked like a dead end).

Now I am back to Standard :(.

Sorry for your loss. I've also had some unfortunate (softcore) deaths in the labyrinth trials due to visual clarity issues like the paths being very dark and the doorways hard to see.

It was kinda not so fun, yeah. Especially since the character was just starting to come together. Once I went into Standard, I finished Cruel lab and took the character into T8 maps, where he did pretty well. Had never been to any map before (me being scared due to playing HC).

As a reaction, I treated my Ranger to a Dying Sun flask and soloed Hydra deathless, then started killing the other guardians. Still missing Phoenix, but I think this character might be Shaper viable.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Oct 20, 2016, 1:46:06 PM
"
Spanka6663 wrote:
Had my best death ever this league. Playing life based SRS with blood magic... 220 life per cast.

I had 50 spirits out, opened a strong box and the first thing that died was a rare with Soul eater, which procced Hunter's lesson prophecy. Spirits clobbered everything from the box and then a huge group around a shrine. I ended up about 4 million feet tall :).

At the same time, an Exile jumped into the scene and without thinking I dropped flesh offering and vaal haste and started to cast... Must have had about 25 casts a second thanks to the buffs as I dropped dead in just over a second hahaha. It was glorious! Definitely a case of "There for a good time, not a long time" :P

This is a really awesome story :)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
For some odd reason i read Hillary death stories :')

LOL Me too! I'm only glad I'm not alone.

Check out the funny video dumb ways to die. No link but it's easy to find on youtube.

I did the stand around in desecrated ground long ago. That is truly stupid.
Censored.
2 added elemental damage mods + melee + volatile + hit through 78% block + pathetic 6k life = ded
One of my characters in essence, at that time he just reached lvl 80. So me and a friend of mine thought "Hey, why not do some yolo stuff? There's no xp to lose anyways..." well, the first one was a twinned primordial map... let's say tentacles with teleport slams make for one nasty combination.
Second one was way better, an unidentified rare phantasmagoria. We noticed early on that it had multiple projectiles and we didn't think too much about it. Then, in front of the arena I said to him: "Be careful, the vulnerability zone is dangerous!" He went in, I cleared the last few monsters in front of the entry to the arena...
Then I went in.
Curse zones swapped, put me in overlapping temp chains/vulnerability, fortify ended, 5 endurance charges expired and he just barely moved away from where I was when I just enterd the arena then. Believe me, 5 of those doedre projectiles with only a little bit of armour and neither fortify nor endurance charges while cursed with vulnerability are not too healthy for your character. Though at least they ended his suffering quickly.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on Oct 20, 2016, 6:24:59 PM
I decided to try traps this new league. All went really well while opening strongboxes and essences. It was easy, almost a mantra: trap, trap, trap, unlock, loot! My damage is quite nice now and things die really fast when all my traps are set, specially mosters with volatile, they changed my mantra to trap, trap, trap, unlock, go back to hideout.
I was running a T10 double beyond map on my gladiator. Everything went smoothly and I got to the boss, that golem who doesnt let things around him die (map was shaped). Turns out I killed him a little too close to the blue pack at the entrance, cause his death summoned a yellow beyond with detonate dead. Guess whose body was detonated as soon as it spawned? :/ insta-dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info